North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, willmorris said:

How about Racing Club de Charlotte and let them have black and white checkered kits?

On 11/16/2019 at 5:28 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Better than "Carolina United". My personal choice is "Racing Club Charlotte", or RCC. Entirely unique, very local, and a neat acronym.

What would the "de" be for? The city isn't really Hispanic or French (if anything it's German). Honestly, I'm predicting Carolina United FC with the same colors as the Panthers. Very boring, but at least the colors would be fantastic.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Expansion drafts in soccer are stupid. 

This is the most popular game in the world. You’re telling me that two new clubs can’t find quality players in a pool containing millions of professional athletes?

And no, I’m not salty that Miami just stole Lee Nguyen from us. Definitely not. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

8 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Expansion drafts in soccer are stupid. 

This is the most popular game in the world. You’re telling me that two new clubs can’t find quality players in a pool containing millions of professional athletes?

And no, I’m not salty that Miami just stole Lee Nguyen from us. Definitely not. 

You guys took Seattle's goalkeeper, and it's been mostly working out for you.

Seattle just lost another goalkeeper to Miami. Hopefully that's the extent of it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Full draft results:

Inter Miami CF

1. Ben Sweat
Left back — Age: 28 — Drafted from NYCFC

2. Alvas Powell
Right back — Age: 25 — Drafted from FC Cincinnati

3. Lee Nguyen
Midfielder — Age: 33 — Drafted from LAFC

4. Luis Argudo
Midfielder — Age: 23 — Drafted from Columbus Crew

5. Bryan Meredith
Goalkeeper — Age: 30 — Drafted from Seattle Sounders

Nashville SC

1. Abu Danladi
Forward — Age: 24 — Drafted from Minnesota United

2. Zarek Valentin
Right back / left back — Age: 28 — Drafted from Portland Timbers

3. Jalil Anibaba

Center back / right back — Age: 31 — Drafted from New England Revolution

4. Brandon Vazquez
Forward — Age: 21 — Drafted from Atlanta United

5. Jimmy Medranda
Left back / midfielder — Age: 25 — Drafted from Sporting Kansas City

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

You guys took Seattle's goalkeeper, and it's been mostly working out for you.

Seattle just lost another goalkeeper to Miami. Hopefully that's the extent of it.

I know lol. And Latif Blessing too. 

I still think it’s dumb, even though LAFC has benefited from it previously. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

27 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Full draft results:

Inter Miami CF

1. Ben Sweat
Left back — Age: 28 — Drafted from NYCFC

2. Alvas Powell
Right back — Age: 25 — Drafted from FC Cincinnati

3. Lee Nguyen
Midfielder — Age: 33 — Drafted from LAFC

4. Luis Argudo
Midfielder — Age: 23 — Drafted from Columbus Crew

5. Bryan Meredith
Goalkeeper — Age: 30 — Drafted from Seattle Sounders

Nashville SC

1. Abu Danladi
Forward — Age: 24 — Drafted from Minnesota United

2. Zarek Valentin
Right back / left back — Age: 28 — Drafted from Portland Timbers

3. Jalil Anibaba

Center back / right back — Age: 31 — Drafted from New England Revolution

4. Brandon Vazquez
Forward — Age: 21 — Drafted from Atlanta United

5. Jimmy Medranda
Left back / midfielder — Age: 25 — Drafted from Sporting Kansas City

Valentin traded to Houston for Goalkeeper Joe Willis.  Vazquez to FCC.  Nashville adds Adrian Zendejas from Sporting KC and Daniel Lovitz from Montreal.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/19/miami-nashville-trades-following-mls-expansion-draft

Also, I don't believe Inter Miami CF is an actual team until they actually play. 

21 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Charlotte Independence.

Zero reason to change.

I'm personally not a fan of the name of the colors. Plus, Tepper doesn't own the rights and there's no reason he'd go out and buy the rights for a 5 year old franchise that hasn't really seen success in the area.

Maybe you should contact Tepper and try selling him your username as the team name. I know im not a fan of a Queen City name and its not a European name like everyone is doing now.

I did see someone suggest Football Club of Charlotte, but we already have a Queen City team with the nickname FCC and it can get more confusing. You may also get letters from people complaining about something they didnt like on TV sent to the wrong FCC. (We have)

My personal choice would be Charlotte Athletic.

Signature intentionally left blank

56 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Maybe you should contact Tepper and try selling him your username as the team name. I know im not a fan of a Queen City name and its not a European name like everyone is doing now.

I did see someone suggest Football Club of Charlotte, but we already have a Queen City team with the nickname FCC and it can get more confusing. You may also get letters from people complaining about something they didnt like on TV sent to the wrong FCC. (We have)

My personal choice would be Charlotte Athletic.

Hahaha, my name wouldn't be too bad of a choice. It feels a little minor-league to me, however. I'd be down for using Queen City in the name (since it actually makes sense for us) and any it could heat up the inevitable "Queen City Derby" with Cincinnati (and Toronto?). I'll stick to my Racing Club Charlotte choice, however. 

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Damn.  That’s a good pickup, and a loss for us. 

Honestly couldn't see a scenario where an NYCFC player wasn't the first pick. Too many good players from there were unprotected, and if Miami didn't pick one of them then Nashville certainly would have. No way you could risk not taking a player from NYCFC and then having all the players from that club being unavailable for the rest of the expansion draft.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Super disappointed to see the Timbers lose Zarek Valentin in the expansion draft (and his subsequent trade to Houston.) It's not that he was a superstar, but it's rare anymore to have a professional athlete so openly embrace a community and do it so publicly.  He was someone who fit perfectly into the culture and community of Portland. And he wasn't just going through the motions; he's a guy who really believed in social causes and seemed to genuinely enjoy being an active part of the community. Soccer's better at cultivating characters like this than other sports, but Zarek was a special one. 

Everybody there will likely say Diego Valeri is their favorite Timber, but I suspect Zarek was really everybody's favorite. He really was a treasuer.

Archived