Las Vegas Raiders Brand Concept

RZW_Brooks

A few months back I reached out to another Designer that was doing some great sports branding work. We decided to team up and flush out an idea I had for a new brand when the Oakland Raiders move to Las Vegas.

The idea was to keep the history and toughness behind the classic Raiders Logo, but add in some luxury and modern touches. Check out the full project at: Behance Las Vegas Raiders Rebrand Concept

As always, feedback welcome and enjoy the project!

A couple snippits from the project:

Primary Logo
c978c173396821.5c080919c00b6.jpg

Home Uniforms:
c293f873396821.5c0f1fec3b289.jpg

Brand Swag:

6f4fdf73396821.5c080919c23ed.jpg

The logo is really :censored:in sweet, nice job on that. That being said, I feel like you are overusing that ace and spades idea on the uniforms. Try removing the stripe on the helmet, see how that looks. That pattern is cool, but in moderation. Im also not quite sure how I feel about the notch in the numbers. Overall though, this is a very nice looking concept and you can count me as impressed!

Funny that you posted this right after news broke that Oakland was going to sue the Raiders for moving to LV.

2 hours ago, Suededesigns said:

The logo is really :censored:in sweet, nice job on that. That being said, I feel like you are overusing that ace and spades idea on the uniforms. Try removing the stripe on the helmet, see how that looks. That pattern is cool, but in moderation. Im also not quite sure how I feel about the notch in the numbers. Overall though, this is a very nice looking concept and you can count me as impressed!

Funny that you posted this right after news broke that Oakland was going to sue the Raiders for moving to LV.

Really appreciate the feedback on the logo. The whole thing was centered around that idea of using a 'Spade' as the nose on the skull. Valid thoughts on the use of overuse, tried to keep it new but not overdone. The notch in the numbers is inspired by the notches in the swords of the logo. Tried to keep that consistent. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate that! Totally forgot to touch on the timing on the news. I really posted it and then like an hour later saw that breaking news, really funny lol.

This branding needs to happen right meow.  I *HATE* the move to Las Vegas, and I'm not a Raider fan, but this is a fantastic rebrand and the timing is right.  It looks so sinister and is a great way to usher in the new era of the Black Hole.

mainescarf.png

On 12/11/2018 at 8:16 PM, SNBSlugger said:

This branding needs to happen right meow.  I *HATE* the move to Las Vegas, and I'm not a Raider fan, but this is a fantastic rebrand and the timing is right.  It looks so sinister and is a great way to usher in the new era of the Black Hole.

Really appreciate that compliment. We spent a lot of time on this one and its nice to get some great feedback. I picked the Raiders because I knew they were moving, although I thought it would be 2020, the news broke that Oakland is trying to push it faster now. Lucky me :) Thanks again!

21 hours ago, Jake3.roo said:

FTFY

Believe it or not, I didnt look at the Titans at all during the process. The little detail spot on the numbers was added to try and tie it to the notches we added to the swords in the logo. I also set out to create a thick number. I was looking at the Jags the other day on TV and thought "man those thick numbers look so good on a uniform!" Appreciate the comment and hope you enjoyed the project!

Maybe I'm too sensitive but after I compared your new logo with their current logo, I think the "RAIDERS" workmark is getting too wide... IMO the letter a bit narrower, more space between letters will look better?

Other than that, I love the skull(and it's spade nose), and the all stripes are really really cool. Just a fantastic concept!! 

Holy smokes I love it. I love all of the effort and thought that went into this branding, because it's not easy to maintain the Raider's Oakland feel while also giving it a Vegas vibe. I think you guys were able to accomplish that however. I love all the different applications of the logo, all the different examples of how it can be used is wonderful. I love every single thing about this.

spacer.png

My only gripe is that the skull theme has already been used by another NFL team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a team that in 1997 intended to look meaner and bolder than just the colorful version of the Raiders logo which they eventually were for more than 20 years. I actually don't think that the Raiders organization would ever adopt the pirate skull theme due to the aforementioned reason, but it's a great concept anyway.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived