NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

It’s not often in this league that there is a game involving the Bucs and they aren’t the worst dressed team. 

What the heck, Carolina. They deserve that loss for even thinking that combo would look good, let alone actually wearing it. 

Watching highlights on sportscenter right now, the uniform looks actually really nice. I like the blue over black a lot more than I thought I would, the shoulder numbers are ridiculous though.

Also wished the Bucs had decent uniforms, their red paired against the Panthers blue on the score bug looked great, only if the Bucs uniform could help represent that on the field

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Panthers had worn blue socks in this game, this would be my favorite look of theirs. I'd be up for them adopting a black helmet and rolling with it full-time.

The teeny-tiny TV numbers remind me of Reebok's failed extra-tight jersey experiment from about 10 years ago, most infamous for turning the Colts' stripes into equals signs. I agree that if they're going to be that small, just dump them entirely. In fact, in the era of 4K/8K TV and ever-shrinking jerseys, I wonder if TV numbers will be on their way out. The Patriots already ditched them on their alts, after all.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Carolina has 3 great looks that they should stick to:

1.  Black jerseys, Silver pants, Black socks 

2.  White jerseys, White pants, Blue or White socks

3.  Blue jerseys, White pants, Blue socks

They should never stray from these.  Last night, they looked ridiculous.  They are just shuffling colors for the sake of doing it, which is almost always a disaster.

Also, holding to my old statement that the Bucs uniforms aren’t bad and could be fixed by simply changing the number font.  

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

If the Panthers had worn blue socks in this game, this would be my favorite look of theirs. I'd be up for them adopting a black helmet and rolling with it full-time.

The teeny-tiny TV numbers remind me of Reebok's failed extra-tight jersey experiment from about 10 years ago, most infamous for turning the Colts' stripes into equals signs. I agree that if they're going to be that small, just dump them entirely. In fact, in the era of 4K/8K TV and ever-shrinking jerseys, I wonder if TV numbers will be on their way out. The Patriots already ditched them on their alts, after all.

Having designed at least a hundred football uniforms for teams in my career, I can say with confidence that trying to fit shoulder stripes, a TV number, AND a sleeve logo to a Jersey is essentially impossible. With shoulder stripes, the TV number has to be placed on the sleeve.  If you insist on a logo there, you have no room on the shoulder for a TV number, as evidenced last night.

7 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Posted this in the week-to-week thread but it feels more relevant here with the discussion and the comparison pic of last year's set above. At what point do you cut your losses and remove the TV numbers entirely? 

Can’t under nfl’s rules

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Panthers have a perfect uniform with their black jerseys over gray pants and it feels like they never, ever wear it.

Boo, Panthers, boo.

we haven't worn silver pants for 3 seasons now.  they're still our best look w the silver helmets.  do not want black helmet or black pants.

and yes, the blue on TV looks different under the lights and soaked from the rain.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Can’t under nfl’s rules

2b7KbEh.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, the NFL is perfectly happy with teams foregoing TV numbers on Color Rush and throwback jerseys.

cowboys-packers-football_pg_600.jpg

If teams can skip them, then they aren't needed.  And if they aren't needed, then they shouldn't be cluttering up the shrinking real estate that is an NFL jersey.  Time to revisit that particular rule.

7 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I couldn't picture this, so I looked it up. Is this what you mean?

NFL-Indianapolis-38-New-York-Giants-14.j

If so, yeah, that's pretty dumb.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It never even dawned on me that Washington’s throwbacks don’t use TV numbers either which to me just means the numbers are unnecessary. However, it doesn’t hurt a uniform to have them. IMO, a jersey should incorporate either or and in some cases both on a jersey can get a pass.

spacer.png

I don’t think TV numbers are important at all anymore, with the exception of identifying a player in a photo where his jersey number might be obfuscated. Front helmet numbers would solve that “problem”, but aren’t practical for every team. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Return of the shield at the 50-yard line?

Confirmed on their Facebook page, with the caption, "It's baaaack."  I didn't see it on Twitter.

spacer.png

Looks like it's smaller than before.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 hours ago, Volt said:

Having designed at least a hundred football uniforms for teams in my career, I can say with confidence that trying to fit shoulder stripes, a TV number, AND a sleeve logo to a Jersey is essentially impossible. With shoulder stripes, the TV number has to be placed on the sleeve.  If you insist on a logo there, you have no room on the shoulder for a TV number, as evidenced last night.

While the Panthers' jerseys are a touch busy, there is plenty of room on the shoulders for bigger numbers than the tiny ones they used last night.. there's easily an inch or so on either side of the number, so the numbers could be increased by about an inch without really encroaching on the collar or stripes

8 hours ago, Volt said:

While the Panthers' jerseys are a touch busy, there is plenty of room on the shoulders for bigger numbers than the tiny ones they used last night.. there's easily an inch or so on either side of the number, so the numbers could be increased by about an inch without really encroaching on the collar or stripes

47 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Well, one positive of Carolina's new look is that it proves full shoulder loops are still doable on modern templates:

spacer.png

spacer.png

There's no excuse now for every team with shoulder stripes not to do the same thing.

A Lot of players wear the cap-sleeve cut, though, and most teams’ shoulder loops are wider than the Panthers.’

There are two excuses right there. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It never even dawned on me that Washington’s throwbacks don’t use TV numbers either which to me just means the numbers are unnecessary. However, it doesn’t hurt a uniform to have them. IMO, a jersey should incorporate either or and in some cases both on a jersey can get a pass.

spacer.png

Why cant the Redskins slap the throwback logo on their helmets? It is already a fauxback at least make it match. I also think it is funny how they are still using Kirk Cousins helmet for the uniform promotions

14 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Why cant the Redskins slap the throwback logo on their helmets? It is already a fauxback at least make it match. I also think it is funny how they are still using Kirk Cousins helmet for the uniform promotions

Why can’t the Redskins slap the current logo on the sleeves and make a new home set?

Archived