NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

50 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Bears looked awesome in a gray mask (no surprise) and could make it perminant with zero complaints from me.

Along with half a dozen other teams.

Ehhh it kinda fits the “old school” style of the Bears, but I really don’t care for it. It just seems to stick out on such a dark helmet. Gray masks are fine, but they work better on white and silver helmets, in my opinion. Navy works so much better with the Bears

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Hold up. Is that black dropshadow/3D stroke on those numbers? Or is it just a trick of the folds?

Trick of the folds.  Those jerseys just had black trim around the numbers.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

Now what the hell is going on with his sleeves? We’re asymmetrical uniforms a thing in the 80’s

If memory serves me, that was a memorial to someone who had died.

Gridiron Uniform Database shows a thick black armband being used in 1979 . . . including in two games in which the Cardinals wore white against the Eagles.  I'm not sure why Jim Hart's armband is burgundy, but the center appears to be wearing a black armband.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Went to NFL Shop (*coughs* Fanatics *coughs*) and was looking for the Ravens color Rush Jersey. I guess the Monday night game wasn't enough of a notice to restock...it's only Flacco, Mosley, and Weddle jerseys from years past

Last year they were terrible about the Browns color rush jerseys. They sold out of Baker & Myles within days, and then they didn't get more until maybe a month before this season. 

T1oYViW.png

23 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

It needed the orange C, though. It felt like something was missing with it just in white

I'm guessing that the helmet change is for Thursday's game with Detroit and they're going to wear a throwback uni but because there was a short turnaround they had to have them done for this past Sunday

6 hours ago, leopard88 said:

If memory serves me, that was a memorial to someone who had died.

Gridiron Uniform Database shows a thick black armband being used in 1979 . . . including in two games in which the Cardinals wore white against the Eagles.  I'm not sure why Jim Hart's armband is burgundy, but the center appears to be wearing a black armband.

This looks like a black armband against the Giants...maybe a material mistake forced him to wear a burgandy band...

quarterback-jim-hart-of-the-st-louis-car

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Went to NFL Shop (*coughs* Fanatics *coughs*) and was looking for the Ravens color Rush Jersey. I guess the Monday night game wasn't enough of a notice to restock...it's only Flacco, Mosley, and Weddle jerseys from years past

They only make color rush jerseys in certain players per team, so thats likely the old stock.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

quarterback-jim-hart-of-the-st-louis-car

8 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Trick of the folds.  Those jerseys just had black trim around the numbers.

spacer.png

If you look at the Cardinal logo on the helmet, the black outline around the eye has also been colored red for some reason.  i think it's a weird photoshop job

2 hours ago, ffdb38 said:

I'm guessing that the helmet change is for Thursday's game with Detroit and they're going to wear a throwback uni but because there was a short turnaround they had to have them done for this past Sunday

No. They were throwing back to their 1963 unis, which had the white C. Fitting in that they played the Giants in essentially those units (both teams) for the 1963 Championship. 

It's where I sit.

34 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Another facemask change this weekend, this time for the Bills going with a white mask

This is unnecessary. Atleast with the all white Color Rush it was to make the uniform completely white while this is just messing around just to mess around and I'm not into that.

bSLCtu2.png

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

This is unnecessary. Atleast with the all white Color Rush it was to make the uniform completely white while this is just messing around just to mess around and I'm not into that.

While I'm not a fair for changing just because, I kinda like the white facemask. I'll have to see how it looks on field

Also, blech to blue on blue

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

If you look at the Cardinal logo on the helmet, the black outline around the eye has also been colored red for some reason.  i think it's a weird photoshop job

Definitely. The red jaw pads are not natural, either.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, at least the Bills’ white socks will break up the mono-blue a bit. Still not at all an ideal combo though. I will say that I actually really like the white facemask for them, and I wouldn’t mind it full-time I’d they ever wanted to switch things up.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Another facemask change this weekend, this time for the Bills going with a white mask

I actually don't mind the white face mask, it looks pretty nice. But I don't like the solid white socks. If they're going blue over blue, then they need to break out some red socks.

Archived