NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Pittsburgh tried to get the OK to wear yellow at home for early season games but the league said no?  I forget if it was because they wanted it to be considered 'dark' and the league said they couldn't wear it opposite their opponent's white, or simply because they weren't allowed an alt, but I bet now with the Nike deal they could pull that off.  The only thing is that it'd look dumb if not worn with black pants, and that would defeat their whole (original) purpose of wanting them.

Panthers gray looks good... as long as with black pants and not either white or their "silver".  Would look even better if they switched to a black helmet.

I've long thought that the Eagles could pull off the silver/gray jersey paired with their green (NOT THE GODDAM DUMB BLACK ONES) pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Did some digging myself, searching 'inverted' on the NFL shop website will find you jerseys for 18 teams as of now. My personal favorites being Jacksonville, Miami, and New Orleans.

Unfortunately, Baltimore gets a gold jersey. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Remember when Pittsburgh tried to get the OK to wear yellow at home for early season games but the league said no?  I forget if it was because they wanted it to be considered 'dark' and the league said they couldn't wear it opposite their opponent's white, or simply because they weren't allowed an alt, but I bet now with the Nike deal they could pull that off.  The only thing is that it'd look dumb if not worn with black pants, and that would defeat their whole (original) purpose of wanting them.

Panthers gray looks good... as long as with black pants and not either white or their "silver".  Would look even better if they switched to a black helmet.

I've long thought that the Eagles could pull off the silver/gray jersey paired with their green (NOT THE GODDAM DUMB BLACK ONES) pants.

I thought the Steelers were trying to wear a yellow “dark” jersey for when home teams elected to wear white like Jax. and the league said no.

KISSwall09.jpg

6 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Did some digging myself, searching 'inverted' on the NFL shop website will find you jerseys for 18 teams as of now. My personal favorites being Jacksonville, Miami, and New Orleans.

Unfortunately, Baltimore gets a gold jersey. 

I think they are trickling out, and possibly not even something for every team across the league. By my count it’s 19 currently so more could be coming as time goes on.

49 minutes ago, hormone said:

I thought the Steelers were trying to wear a yellow “dark” jersey for when home teams elected to wear white like Jax. and the league said no.

That's how I remember it, too. They wanted to avoid early season games in Florida or SoCal in black jerseys.  Back then, pre-nike, the NFL had a fairly strict handle on alternates, and would only allow a team to wear one at home, and only twice a year.  A yellow/gold home jersey had never been a problem, there are a few examples.

spacer.png

spacer.png

(You'll note in both these examples, the road team is wearing white, because athletic gold is clearly not white.)

1 hour ago, hormone said:

Yep that's what it was.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/12/2018 at 11:07 PM, simtek34 said:

Saints: Make Throwback and Color Rush the primary Home and Road set, but with only 3 rather than 5 stripes. Use only Gold or White Pants, and never ever wear Black Pants

Falcons: Model after the Throwback and Color Rush. Current logo, Red Helmet, Black Home Jersey, Throwback Uni is to the 1980's Red Unis

Cardinals: Pretend 2005 Never happened. That is all.

Bengals: Black and Orange versions of the CR, add orange to sleeve cap and pants CR for Road set. Curly bottom of pant stripe can stay. Basically the current set, minus side-panels and plus Block Font. It just shows how 2 tweaks can make a huge difference. Make the Tiger Logo primary again, and add 1970s "BENGALS" Throwbacks.

Broncos: Make White Pants and Jerseys, and a Navy Alternate modeled after the CR. Keep the "D" Logo.

BONUS:

Patriots: Model after CR set. Add White Jersey and Pants, Remove silver, wear White Helmets, switch sleeve logo for Numbers, and go back to Royal Blue. Too much Navy in the league. Also bring back throwbacks.

Chargers: Powder Blue Home, change Road numbers to P.B., use simpler Logo/Helmet from CR, With Yellow Facemask. Add Powder Blue Pants, and make CR an alternate, but with White Numbers. Navy can be gone. Shield logo to Primary Status. Also, no rectangle around bolt on the White Pants.

Buccaneers: Pull a 49ers and go back to old set, but with upgraded logos and wordmark. Make helmets white like the 1997 Prototype helmets

Browns: Back to the old set, but with Brown Facemask and 3-stripe pattern instead of 5-stripes, for modern cuts.

Dolphins: Try to guess...

why do people only like old uniforms? The saints look amazing and clean and don’t need a change same with the Browns. I mean i don’t think anyone would notice if the saints changed their unis

1 minute ago, AgentColon2 said:

Amazing and clean is not a description I would use. Especially knowing they could be wearing these beauts spacer.png

What isn’t clean about them? They have very little details or striping. What would you describe because busy is objectively wrong

They look almost identical to their current one hit with stripes on the sleeves and a slightly different shade of gold. Their current uniforms are easily the best and don’t need to be changed. You only think these are better because they’re based on an older variation 

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

the problem with having gold numbers on white is it’s hard to see from afar and the fact it lacks consistency with the home jerseys. personally the numbers on the away jersey should be the color of your home jersey (explain you wear blue jerseys at home and white has blue numbers)

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

why do people only like old uniforms? The saints look amazing and clean and don’t need a change same with the Browns. I mean i don’t think anyone would notice if the saints changed their unis

Clearly you’re new here...

Because Older uniforms seem to have this timeless sort of look. It’s the reason why teams like the Yankees, Canadiens, Packers, and Celtics all look as good as they did way back in the day. The Saints current jerseys are pretty bad. When they wear black pants and black socks they look like they’re wearing yoga pants or pajama bottoms. Amazing is not the right word. And clean shouldn’t mean like everything is stripped off of the jersey. There definitely is a time when jerseys are cluttered and busy. The Saints throwback is not at all busy. Sure there’s the nostalgia factor, but it actually has a striping pattern, which is something that the current set doesn’t have. The right word for the current set is bland...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Just now, chcarlson23 said:

Clearly you’re new here...

Because Older uniforms seem to have this timeless sort of look. It’s the reason why teams like the Yankees, Canadiens, Packers, and Celtics all look as good as they did way back in the day. The Saints current jerseys are pretty bad. When they wear black pants and black socks they look like they’re wearing yoga pants or pajama bottoms. Amazing is not the right word. And clean shouldn’t mean like everything is stripped off of the jersey. There definitely is a time when jerseys are cluttered and busy. The Saints throwback is not at all busy. Sure there’s the nostalgia factor, but it actually has a striping pattern, which is something that the current set doesn’t have. The right word for the current set is bland...

what about the Bears? They look like they’re from the 60s and the Seahawks current look i feel will hold up. The ones you listed are also incredibly plain. So why is plainness good for those but not for the saints?

Yoga pants? All football pants look like yoga pants. Maybe the all black isn’t as good as the black and gold but I don’t see it as an issue with the all black. Maybe adding a gold stripe would help but it isn’t a big deal to me

there isn’t much to stripe away from anyway and people praised the Jags for doing that. Personally the black and gold and fluer delis make it look clean but amazing. The colors just work so well and the fluer delis is easily the best logo in the nfl (btw they’re not even my favorite team)

38 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

what about the Bears? They look like they’re from the 60s and the Seahawks current look i feel will hold up. The ones you listed are also incredibly plain. So why is plainness good for those but not for the saints?

Yoga pants? All football pants look like yoga pants. Maybe the all black isn’t as good as the black and gold but I don’t see it as an issue with the all black. Maybe adding a gold stripe would help but it isn’t a big deal to me

there isn’t much to stripe away from anyway and people praised the Jags for doing that. Personally the black and gold and fluer delis make it look clean but amazing. The colors just work so well and the fluer delis is easily the best logo in the nfl (btw they’re not even my favorite team)

Yoga pants are when pants with no stripes match the socks basically making it look like the stop at mid-calf thus looking like yoga pants. And it’s a much worse look than moving stripes on the pants and preferably different colored socks to break them up.

Archived