NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

4 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Broncos are rocking orange pants in training camp. Could be nothing like Detroit used black ones a few years ago but a few players were wearing them under their shorts so makes me think it might be a new addition because I would think they just would wear them without “hiding” them.

I remember hearing back in the Spring that the Broncos might experiment with new Uniform combinations in 2019. Don’t know if that means Orange Pants for their main set, surprise alternate, or (PLEASE!) White Pants to go with their CR that should what Denver wears for the rest of time. 

da0Lbhs.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:22 AM, Jake10293 said:

For me these teams need a change the most. No particular order 

1. The Jags 

spacer.png

Jesus Christ this team has been a mess both on and off the field for the last decade. Say what you want about their last set at least they weren’t a generic template that Nike forgot to fill out. No gold makes these sets dead to me from the start. My tip take the last uniforms, get rid of the color blocks on the sleeves, use a regular stripe on the pants instead of the pentagon and of course get rid of the half gold bull :censored: and you got a really great set. People say these are going in the right direction but that’s because there’s nowhere else to go but up. These literally can’t get any less descript 

2. The Jets 

spacer.png

Theyre an upgrade from their last set but something is just off about them. They have great colors and a beautiful Helene but something is missing from it but I can’t put my finger in it and thus chat come up with any solutions 

3. Giants

spacer.png

just completely blah. Just use the LT era uniforms 

4. Cardinals 

spacer.png

The whole thing screams mediocrity which I guess fits the cardinals. The cards have never had a particularly good or iconic look so I’d go for a complete overhaul. Introduce a desert yellow-brown tertiary color. Make the face mask yellow, give the numbers the yellow outline, and maybe add the flag of Arizona to the sleeve caps. Honestly they need something  

Jaguars was going in the right direction. They need the old Jag shield logo they had in their horrid uniforms to make a return and use that for the sleeves (but they would be too much like Baltimore). The teal and black is ok without gold (remember the 2009-2012 uniforms?) Maybe not to others, but I am fine with just teal and black. We do not need gold with the Jags unis. Gold would just make them look like a Newport Menthol Cigs box. Sorry, but it will. Maybe a black/teal/black stripes on the pants and the claw marks in black/white/black colors on the sleeves maybe?

I am going to disagree on the Jets. Only gripe I have is that the shoulder stripes they designed should of had a black border to stay consistent with the black border on the numbers. Same goes for the pants stripes. But honestly, they should of went with hunter green as the second color and that would of been good. The color rush needs different sock colors. The green socks would of worked on the green lids, black jerseys, and black pants. That's my only gripe, but I love what they did for a new look! I am in love with the helmet and the stripes they made for the jersey and pants.

Giants I agree with you on that. The Giants need to put that :censored: uniforms to sleep for good!

Don't EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE CARDINALS! I will be banned if I go on and say something. All I got to say is the crap they STILL have on since 2005 is pure :censored: and it just looks so pathetic. I am going to hold off the rest because their crap makes me salty!

14 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

It’s hard to tell because players are wearing shorts over them but I didn’t see a stripe in the few flashes I saw in videos

Were they pants or were they tights? Many players wear tights under their shorts during training camp/practices

only thing I could find was some players with shorts that had orange towards the bottom in the back if that’s what you saw.

Chargers, 49ers, and Cowboys look surprisingly good. For the others, while I understand defaulting to grey if there’s no color for them to go, it isn’t looking good. Denver’s is okay, but Arizona is terrible.

ExJworW.png

These work for the Cowboys, Buccaneers, Packers, 49ers, Saints, Steelers and Giants, but it's because those teams don't have a third jersey already in their arsenal (ignoring color rush and throwbacks, of course). The only exceptions to that rule are the Chargers (powder blue, navy blue, white and yellow) and Titans (navy blue, light blue, white and red). The Buccaneers could get away with an orange version to break that rule, too.

The really obvious "inverted jersey" missing is a gray Raiders jersey. That just make too much sense and it would look good in their rotation.

2 hours ago, hbgoo1975 said:

Imagine how good the Patriots would have looked if they ended up wearing a different white jersey with the Color Rush template, along with the alternate blue pants in the Super Bowl?

tCRsNW6.jpg

9zr2vhJ.jpg

Needs TV Numbers. Replace the Sleeve logo with them.

da0Lbhs.png

I think the patriots should adapt that color rush uni as their uniform. I think it would be a nice update after having the same unis for almost the last 20 years.  I like that it’s based off of their 1960-1992 unis minus a stripe on the shoulders, but yet somewhat modernized in their current colors. I think they would probably need to change their helmet color because I don’t think the silver looks good with that mock up. Wouldn’t mind if they went back to that Pat Patriot logo on the helmet either. I always thought it was a pretty neat logo.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:37 AM, FormerLurker said:

More inverted uniforms,  weird they didn’t all just come out at once

spacer.png

Absolutely love this. The way the outlines on the numbers are make it look like the glow from neon lights. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 7/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, FormerLurker said:

Broncos are rocking orange pants in training camp. Could be nothing like Detroit used black ones a few years ago but a few players were wearing them under their shorts so makes me think it might be a new addition because I would think they just would wear them without “hiding” them.

Is there any photographic evidence of this? I went through their social media and training camp galleries on their website and didn't see any players not in white or blue pants. You sure it isn't just orange tights under shorts?

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Is there any photographic evidence of this? I went through their social media and training camp galleries on their website and didn't see any players not in white or blue pants. You sure it isn't just orange tights under shorts?

Not to say it isn't true, (because I have no idea), but the only pics I've seen that resemble the description are a style of shorts. Several players were wearing these --

sqmgumhkqa8r0q99exaj.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived