NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Still baffled how monochromatic football uniforms are the worst sin possible. Some of my favorite uniforms are monochromatic and yall hate it because it matches. Smh its kinda gettin on my nerves. 

Every community member here has a right to post their opinions and personal tastes (so long as they aren’t antagonistic or resorting to ad hominem attacks towards those with differing opinions). In all likelihood? Some of your opinions will get on other members’ nerves too. Just ask @infrared41. He can speak on that from weekly experience. 😎

Feel free to vent in the Unpopular Opinions thread. I do it from time to time too. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Still baffled how monochromatic football uniforms are the worst sin possible. Some of my favorite uniforms are monochromatic and yall hate it because it matches. Smh its kinda gettin on my nerves. 

Many of us think they look awful. We’re not going to stop expressing our opinion because it bugs you. 

7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Yall? You’re lumping  everyone together? Don’t do that. Not “all” of us hate monochrome uniforms. I like what looks good. Sometimes mono looks good. Sometimes it doesn’t. Simple as that. 

Im not sure what to tell you if you’re irritated by people’s opinions of fashion. People have been criticizing or complementing people’s dress since the first caveman put on an animal skin. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, kimball said:

I think the Ravens need an update as well. I've never been a fan of their numbers -- and the helmet logo is meh.

I'll agree on the helmet logo, but I really like the numbers.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

This state shapes is just a rumored inspiration, and I dont believe the team has ever confirmed.

I’m from the Carolinas, they’ve talked about it on the news. Unless it’s fake news.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:28 PM, Sykotyk said:

Right now, it's pretty clear the Browns fans love the color rush uniforms. yes, it's in comparison to the craptastic uniforms we have now, but they're definitely a fan favorite. Switching to color-rush type jerseys helps. Get rid of the drop shadow. Orange numbers and stripes on brown. brown numbers and stripes on white. White stripes and numbers on orange. Mix and match as wanted.

No sidepanels on the jerseys, no accents, etc. No Cleveland or Browns in big print anywhere.

Browns are definitely going to be wearing the color rush next year as many times as they're allowed. They could pull a rams and redo their pants without messing with the jersey and fans would be happy. Just get rid of the BROWNS on the sides.

We like the Color Rush because the pant stripes aren't cut off a third of the way down the legs. Even if they used those as a base, they need to add white stripes on the sleeves as well and white numbers on the brown uniforms for clarity, brown numbers on the white jerseys, and white with brown outline on the orange jerseys. And no monochromes whenever possible. The only time it works is when they wear all white. And they need sock stripe patterns instead of one color socks. The 1986 style patterns work the best. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Newport said:

Their logo is one of the best in my opinion. Body shaped as NC and head is SC.

The head is SC? Is South Carolina north of North Carolina?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Lots of people have made the claim.  The news may have reported on that.

But has the team said it?

What do you mean?! It fits perfectly! 🙂

0EKwD_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fid

In in all seriousness, though, there are a lot of ways people try to illustrate that this is, in fact, a thing, and none of them really hit the mark. Just Google “Panthers logo shaped like Carolinas” and you’ll see the logo rotated, flipped, even broken apart to show how it fits inside the silhouette. It may very well have been intentional (only the person who created it really knows), but my opinion is even if it was intentional, I don’t think it was implemented very well.

This state silhouette story falls short on two levels for me.

One is communication. Unless someone told me, I would never put it together, and I’m a person who looks for these things (hell, the information has been out there for years and I still can’t quite see it). It’s far too deep and abstract to even be discoverable for the average person, in my opinion.

The other is priority. I think the shape of the cat alone may support the argument that it was intentional, but that’s because the shape is so unnatural and unpleasant for the body of an aggressive wild cat that I have to assume the designer was trying to do something clever there. Unfortunately, it completely sacrifices the composition and posture of the mark (it reminds me of when my black house cat sits on the edge of the bathtub and yawns in the morning). When designing a mark, you have to prioritize the big picture over the easter eggs, and the Panthers logo always looked like the opposite to me, like the state silhouette was this non-negotiable thing that had to be shoehorned into the logo no matter the cost.

Lesson: Easter eggs are only good if you can find them. If you can’t, then you forget about them and they spoil.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, Newport said:

Their logo is one of the best in my opinion. Body shaped as NC and head is SC.

I’m from the Carolinas, they’ve talked about it on the news.

Did they happen to mention on the news why it is that the portion of the logo meant to represent South Carolina is positioned what would be geographically northeast of the portion of the logo meant to represent North Carolina? If not, did the news reports in question discuss why it is that the portion of the logo symbolizing North Carolina is situated what woulds be geographically southwest of the portion of the logo meant to symbolize South Carolina?

50 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Did they happen to mention on the news why it is that the portion of the logo meant to represent South Carolina is positioned what would be geographically northeast of the portion of the logo meant to represent North Carolina? If not, did the news reports in question discuss why it is that the portion of the logo symbolizing North Carolina is situated what woulds be geographically southwest of the portion of the logo meant to symbolize South Carolina?

What news are you watching? There's no way to fit that in between all the banter and dad jokes.

8 hours ago, Chawls said:

Every community member here has a right to post their opinions and personal tastes (so long as they aren’t antagonistic or resorting to ad hominem attacks towards those with differing opinions). In all likelihood? Some of your opinions will get on other members’ nerves too. Just ask @infrared41. He can speak on that from weekly experience. 😎

Feel free to vent in the Unpopular Opinions thread. I do it from time to time too. 

Yup. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Lesson: Easter eggs are only good if you can find them. If you can’t, then you forget about them and they just spoil.

Absolutely.  And in this case, the whole “silhouette of the Carolinas” is so obviously fan projection it’s not really worth considering.  Even if local news did once do a segment on it. ;) 

Archived