Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, simtek34 said:

If this is all true, then that is a big improvement. One of the problems of the Panthers Uniforms was the overabundance of logos. If they burned the White and Black pants and only wore Silver, it would be perfect 

It looks like they also finally moved on from the old Reebok template 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, simtek34 said:

If this is all true, then that is a big improvement. One of the problems of the Panthers Uniforms was the overabundance of logos. If they burned the White and Black pants and only wore Silver, it would be perfect 

Can't help but disagree here. I honestly believe that a set of all black at home (with blue socks, of course), all white on the road, and blue over white as an alternate would the ideal Panthers set. The gray looks awful, and there's no need for it when we literally have the "best jersey in the history of the NFL". The striping could use some improvement, but overall, I genuinely think that the Panthers set is nearly perfect. They really hit it right off the bat, seeing as how the basic design hasn't changed much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I really like the Panthers uniforms, including the combinations with the black pants and different socks. Grey makes them drab. 

 

This is really the only mistake they can make: Image result for cam newton 2018

 

Boy, I wish that were true.

 

Here's all the mistakes they can, and have, made;

 

Light blue over white...

spacer.png

 

The horrific all-black...

 

spacer.png

 

The EVEN WORSE all-black with black socks...

spacer.png

 

 

As you noted, the nauseating light blue over black...

spacer.png

 

And the nightmare-inducing all light blue...

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

By a magnitude that's difficult to calculate, this is the Panther's best look.  And it's one they've stupidly almost abandoned.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Can't help but disagree here. I honestly believe that a set of all black at home (with blue socks, of course), all white on the road, and blue over white as an alternate would the ideal Panthers set. The gray looks awful, and there's no need for it when we literally have the "best jersey in the history of the NFL". The striping could use some improvement, but overall, I genuinely think that the Panthers set is nearly perfect. They really hit it right off the bat, seeing as how the basic design hasn't changed much.

 

Where do they hide it? 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Boy, I wish that were true.

 

Here's all the mistakes they can, and have, made;

 

Light blue over white...

spacer.png

 

The horrific all-black...

 

spacer.png

 

The EVEN WORSE all-black with black socks...

spacer.png

 

 

As you noted, the nauseating light blue over black...

spacer.png

 

And the nightmare-inducing all light blue...

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

By a magnitude that's difficult to calculate, this is the Panther's best look.  And it's one they've stupidly almost abandoned.

 

spacer.png

 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Where do they hide it? 😝

I have to disagree with everything you've said here, aside from black over white looking good, which it does. I cannot even begin to see how any of these (except maybe blue over black) look bad. To me, they look fantastic, especially the mono black and white. It's a gorgeous color scheme, and silver has no place in it. I think the color balance especially is out of this world, except, again, on blue over black, which could use some white. Are the uniforms perfect? Not quite, I'd tweak the striping a bit, remove the logos on the pants, and change the helmet stripe (probably the worst part of the look), but our uniforms look fantastic, and I simply cannot understand how don't even like the blue over white, which is probably my favorite combo we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to get rid of the silver, you need to start with the helmet.  As long as the helmet is silver, the pants should be silver at least 75 percent of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Boy, I wish that were true.

 

Here's all the mistakes they can, and have, made;

 

Light blue over white...

spacer.png

 

The horrific all-black...

 

spacer.png

 

The EVEN WORSE all-black with black socks...

spacer.png

 

 

As you noted, the nauseating light blue over black...

spacer.png

 

And the nightmare-inducing all light blue...

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

By a magnitude that's difficult to calculate, this is the Panther's best look.  And it's one they've stupidly almost abandoned.

 

spacer.png

In a Perfect World, the Panthers (Combination-Wise) would wear Silver Pants or White pants Exclusively. White Pants only with the White Jersey, Silver Pants with any Jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

 

I have to disagree with everything you've said here, aside from black over white looking good, which it does. I cannot even begin to see how any of these (except maybe blue over black) look bad. To me, they look fantastic, especially the mono black and white. It's a gorgeous color scheme, and silver has no place in it. I think the color balance especially is out of this world, except, again, on blue over black, which could use some white. Are the uniforms perfect? Not quite, I'd tweak the striping a bit, remove the logos on the pants, and change the helmet stripe (probably the worst part of the look), but our uniforms look fantastic, and I simply cannot understand how don't even like the blue over white, which is probably my favorite combo we have.

But he never said that.. he said black over silver looks good..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usually in the minority around here, but I think the Light blue over White combo is fantastic.  The Silver lid makes Silver pants a necessity with the Black jersey. If they went to a White helmet with traditional Black/Light Blue striping and the logo on each side, Light Blue/White would look even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Boy, I wish that were true.

 

Here's all the mistakes they can, and have, made;

 

Light blue over white...

spacer.png

 

The horrific all-black...

 

spacer.png

 

The EVEN WORSE all-black with black socks...

spacer.png

 

 

As you noted, the nauseating light blue over black...

spacer.png

 

And the nightmare-inducing all light blue...

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

By a magnitude that's difficult to calculate, this is the Panther's best look.  And it's one they've stupidly almost abandoned.

 

spacer.png

 

I think the Silver-Light Blue-Silver is there best look, with the normal home set being 2nd.

 

I like the all black with blue socks, for maybe one game a year, but they wore that way too much last year and lost all trust from me by wearing black socks with it, that I now want the black pants to be trashed...and speaking of trash, the white pants need to go in the trash with them, there's no need for them, I normally like all white looks, but not with a silver helmet.

 

The Light Blue, black pants, blue socks combo looks great from the neck down, but the silver helmet ruins the look.

 

And as much as I love the Panthers blue color, color rush is universally always trash.

 

 

 

 

TL;DR:

 

Panthers only need the silver pants as long as they wear silver helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Panthers could be great if they cleaned things up further. They need to start from the top and fix those hideous helmet stripes. Simplify those, the shoulder stripes, and straighten the pants stripes (they currently have a very weird squiggle) and they would be excellent. Right now, they’re just okay with a few head scratching quirks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

But he never said that.. he said black over silver looks good..

 

Yeah, I didn't know that they've even even worn black over white... If I had I definitely would've added that to the bad list.

 

If I was in charge of the Panthers combinations I would wear black over silver for 7 home games, light blue over silver for one, and maybe once in the preseason. On the road, I'd split time between white over silver and white over black (with the blue socks exclusively), favoring slightly the silver pants. I'd take the white pants and the blue pants out past the city limits and leave them in a swampy area.

 

I'm completely over the mix and match era of football uniforms.  Find your best look and f'n wear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, shaydre1019 said:

FWIW they had some photoshoots using a jersey with the NFL100 patch but it appeared to be their old template. But we'll see in the coming days/weeks i guess. 

 

 

 

thats probably from their media day? i don't remember exactly when the Dolphins received their uniforms last year, but it was late. at this point, they could just be waiting on Nike to be ready to fill orders once the new ones are officially announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

 

I like these. They have plenty of blue, and they also look like

 

acc4c0456194f91035194f71e0964235.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@oldschoolvikings

I disagree. Black over black with the blue socks is the Panthers best look and there’s no doubt about it. The white pants don’t look good unless with a white jersey due to the silver helmet. The panthers need an update removing silver and focusing on light blue and black. It’s a gorgeous color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

@oldschoolvikings

I disagree. Black over black with the blue socks is the Panthers best look and there’s no doubt about it. The white pants don’t look good unless with a white jersey due to the silver helmet. The panthers need an update removing silver and focusing on light blue and black. It’s a gorgeous color scheme.

 

No non-white monochrome football inform is ever a teams best look.  Ever. This rule is unmutable and without exception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last thing I would change is the silver helmet. It doesn’t look that great in a dome, but it’s easily my favorite part of the set when they’re in the sun. Plus, while it goes against every “rule” I stand for, I really like silver/blue/white. I couldn’t tell you why. I just do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

No non-white monochrome football inform is ever a teams best look.  Ever. My opinion is unmutable and without exception.

The Seahawks panthers and Bengals are 3 teams off the top of my head that have their best look as monochrome. I would argue the same for the Rams and Texans and probably a few others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.