NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

46 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

The Seahawks panthers and Bengals are 3 teams off the top of my head that have their best look as monochrome. I would argue the same for the Rams and Texans and probably a few others 

Nope, none of those.The Seahawks especially... Haven't you seen that video of Earl Thomas flipping off the Seahawks for making him wear a monochrome football uniform (while coincidentally riding in a cart)?  Who could blame him? You work so hard to get to the NFL and then they won't let you dress like an actual NFL player? Disgraceful.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Nope, none of those.The Seahawks especially... Haven't you seen that video of Earl Thomas flipping off the Seahawks for making him wear a monochrome football uniform (while coincidentally riding in a cart)?  Who could blame him? You work so hard to get to the NFL and then they won't let you dress like an actual NFL player? Disgraceful.

Those ugly grey color rush? The colors the ugly thing, not the monochrome😉

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

23 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seattle was in the alternate wolf gray uniform for that game.

I don't feel sympathy for Earl Thomas. He's a jerk.

3 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The Seahawks panthers and Bengals are 3 teams off the top of my head that have their best look as monochrome. I would argue the same for the Rams and Texans and probably a few others 

I'm with @oldschoolvikings 

Every monochrome look in the NFL is awful.  

The first thing the Panthers should do is get rid of silver. The helmet can be either black or white, but the silver needs to go everywhere. It muddies up the look, and can easily be replaced with white. If you want to limit teams to three sets, fine, but for the Panthers, those would be easily all black with blue socks, all white with blue socks, and a blue over white alternate. I think some of the best looks in the NFL come from monochrome looks (Seahawks all-blue included), but I don't think "traditional" teams should wear them. Let the new guys experiment, and I fully believe lots of these experiments were successful, the Panthers being the foremost. I can't think of another NFL team that hit it right off the bat quite like the Panthers did. Are the jerseys perfect? No, there's things to improve, like the helmet and pants stripe. But they're pretty darn close, and the fans love them, which is the most important thing to ownership, to much chagrin from sports aesthetics aficionados like ourselves.

the user formerly known as cdclt

There’s this weird fascination among a considerable group on this site with hating grey/silver. 

Patriots? Red white and blue only! Giants? White pants only! Panthers? No silver! Lions? Too much silver!

The Raiders are the only team I can think of in the league where people here aren’t constantly complaining about it.

(I like the Colts monochrome)

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

There’s this weird fascination among a considerable group on this site with hating grey/silver. 

Patriots? Red white and blue only! Giants? White pants only! Panthers? No silver! Lions? Too much silver!

The Raiders are the only team I can think of in the league where people here aren’t constantly complaining about it.

And for one I have been begging the Cowboys to get ONE shade of silver for their helmets and pants that they can wear with both the white and blue jerseys.

35 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

And for one I have been begging the Cowboys to get ONE shade of silver for their helmets and pants that they can wear with both the white and blue jerseys.

I actually specifically left it out because quite frankly, I can’t really argue with people on that one. Though I’d like them to go with a middle ground, something blueish-Green, but more neutral than it is now.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

3 hours ago, Lafarge said:

Citation needed. I don’t think I’ve read more than 3 posts that are anti silver for the panthers, and all but one or two was in favor if all black because of panthers. 

Im fine with the pats look, but they have a history with white helmets and RWB makes sense to a lot of people. The giants have history with both gray and white, but IMO the white is objectively better. I’m not sure that means I hate gray/silver. In fact, I’ve been (the literally only person) advocating silver helmets/pants for the eagles. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love the Seahawks navy monochrome.

Seahawks are the only team that can pull it off imo. Any other team with any other colors seems garish and stupid, but for the Seahawks it just seems right. I personally wish they would get rid of every other pant color and just wear blue with the blue, white, grey, and neon green jerseys

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 7/27/2019 at 7:21 PM, DNAsports said:

The only problems I’ve ever had with the Panthers uniform are the helmet stripes and the pants stripes. Everything else is fine.

DNA Sports , is right about this.  However, the Panthers are one of teams that got it right this first time.

Seahawks best look is navy over grey.. Bengals look best in white pants.. I actually prefer their orange jerseys, but if the white side panels were removed, i might like their black jerseys more..

The Texans best look is red over white, but blue over white is classic as well (Texans have one of my favorite football looks period), and Rams CLEARLY look best in royal over yellow.. 

Monochrome is trash

WavePunter just choose another team that got it right the first time, the Texans. Surprisingly, this was 2002, so I believe that piping and weird unis started in 2002  with the Bills travesties, then the Bengals and Cardinals junk.

Don't forget the Patriots, whose navy and piping-adorned uniforms, complete with the shoulder stripe-swoosh things, showed up in 2000. Shoot they may have even started the weird piping craze. (But not the side panels...that belongs to the Jaguars. The Patriots and Rams just carried it forward from 2000 and beyond.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived