FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

1966 Atlanta Falcons

This uniform could be used today without a single design alteration and would be known as one of the best in the NFL

The Atlanta Falcons have so many uniforms in mothballs right now that absolutely decimate the excrement they wear on the field. It's unreal that they haven't switched to something better by now

Its the sole reason as a hometown ATLien,  that I refuse to buy the current Falcons jersey. They tease us with the throwbacks,  but we have a full uniform overhaul sitting in the archives. 

4 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

1966 Atlanta Falcons

This uniform could be used today without a single design alteration and would be known as one of the best in the NFL

The Atlanta Falcons have so many uniforms in mothballs right now that absolutely decimate the excrement they wear on the field. It's unreal that they haven't switched to something better by now

Disagree a million %.

I think of the Atlanta Falcons as fast, sleek, aggressive birds of prey - not an uber-traditional grind-it-out hard-nosed old-school team.

Those uniforms would be out of place for them for several reasons.  They'd also look odd considering they play in a stadium that looks like it's from another planet and has all the bells and whistles and is designed to convey a forward-moving (can't think of the right phrase) brand.

I get that people don't like the current uniform.  I'm not among them, but I get it.  But throwing back to something that looks like the Browns should be wearing it (in their colors, obv) isn't the answer.  Like most things, it's in the middle.

Also, those sleeve stripes would look silly on today's cuts, and the gold helmet stripe LOL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No matter how many years have gone by, those Falcon uniforms will always make me think of the phrase "electrocuted dogs".

Electric dogs and the biggest collapse in Super Bowl history. 

What legacy are the Falcons clinging to, exactly?

26 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Disagree a million %.

I think of the Atlanta Falcons as fast, sleek, aggressive birds of prey - not an uber-traditional grind-it-out hard-nosed old-school team.

Those uniforms would be out of place for them for several reasons.  They'd also look odd considering they play in a stadium that looks like it's from another planet and has all the bells and whistles and is designed to convey a forward-moving (can't think of the right phrase) brand.

I get that people don't like the current uniform.  I'm not among them, but I get it.  But throwing back to something that looks like the Browns should be wearing it (in their colors, obv) isn't the answer.  Like most things, it's in the middle.

Also, those sleeve stripes would look silly on today's cuts, and the gold helmet stripe LOL.

truth!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I love the Falcons throwbacks, but I’d also be fine with something in between traditional and modern given the newer stadium’s look. In any case though, I really hope this current look is out of the door sooner than later. Not only is it outdated by a long ways and carrying some bad associations, but I really don’t think it’s that solid a design to begin with. That piping looks like it’s barely holding the sleeve caps and pants design together by a thread, and the “stripes” (I guess?) on the sleeve caps just seem like vertical blocks that are just kind of sitting there and not at all lending to a fast and sleek look. I’ve stated a few times how much I’d love for the logo to go too, but I’m not expecting it to, overly jacked up with a swollen foot and squat-winged as it may be.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

24 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Dolphins had that weird thing on the top of those road socks. Not sure if that’s considered a stripper.

spacer.png

Will never understand why they never introduced white socks with the same striping pattern as the pants (thick horizontal aqua stripe with thin orange stripes above and below). Still love the aqua pants look and would take it over white on white any day.

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

The Vikings have changed the Shade of Purple on their Helmets. New one is on the Left.

thats great. i love that they were not comfortable with where it was and worked to get it right. i don't love that particular swatch of purple, but i want to see in on tv or real life before making final judgement. it will look better in proper context than this photo

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yes it does.  But looks much worse overall.

That's a problem with these matte fabrics - the colors get washed-out.  If the Purple People Eaters played today, they'd be the Lavender Line.

The fabric is vibrant. It’s the helmet that’s washed out!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

The Vikings have changed the Shade of Purple on their Helmets. New one is on the Left.

Did they purposely take this picture under public bathroom fluorescent lights?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Jaguars adding the 25th anniversary logo to the chest. A little surprised personally, as the chest already had the Jag head. This feels like more than just a patch swap/addition.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived