NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, goforbroke said:

JETS end zone update.

They removed the red AFC logo.  The end zone is painted the new green, with JETS on the left 66% and the logo to the right of that.

Great, now the end zone's uneven. 

XM4KeeA.png

The Nike template won’t be good for the Panthers. The silver pants, and the silver stripes on the black and blue jerseys, will be a flat gray. I’m watching now, and the outer pants stripes are too thin. 

9 hours ago, simtek34 said:

The Vikings have changed the Shade of Purple on their Helmets. New one is on the Left.

Better but I'd rather they drop matte altogether and go back to either the glossy finish from the previous set, or the the pre-06 finish so we could see the glorious throwbacks again.

When I see the Texans bull :censored: extra logo on the back of the jersey I think of pee wee football teams. Unnecessary. If anything put the McNair tribute patch back there. Jets looked blah and the packers jerseys stay beautiful. The bigger the tv numbers the better! Another note. The Texans look like the same old pansy ass team they’ve looked like since dom capers left! Don’t finish runs with power and don’t bring the pain to the tackle. I’m almost to the point where I need to change teams but the ticket is too expensive!

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

The Nike template won’t be good for the Panthers. The silver pants, and the silver stripes on the black and blue jerseys, will be a flat gray. I’m watching now, and the outer pants stripes are too thin. 

i noticed the pant stripe widths too.  and the point doesn't stop before end of pant leg at the knee like previous.

old pants:
455454578.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1065

new pants:
tf4x1dfmxsqvcy5mnard.jpg

more from CHI game photos
https://www.panthers.com/photos/panthers-vs-bears-game-photos#cc247826-45f0-44ea-b2c6-22f8895cf232

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

i thinks its time for them to just do something new. all the jersey stripes are better but there are still some players whos stripes go under the arm and others who cut off at the arm pit.

then, the pants stripe should have been an easy one but they botched that too. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

54 minutes ago, pagan696 said:

i noticed the pant stripe widths too.  and the point doesn't stop before end of pant leg at the knee like previous.

old pants:
455454578.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1065

new pants:
tf4x1dfmxsqvcy5mnard.jpg

more from CHI game photos
https://www.panthers.com/photos/panthers-vs-bears-game-photos#cc247826-45f0-44ea-b2c6-22f8895cf232

1. Idk if these are worse, they're just different. Outer stripes are too thin, but these are much more consistent across the board. Numbers appear to be a little more condensed but that doesn't improve or worsen them for me.

2. It drives me absolutely nuts that Nike refuses to do TV numbers right. These 1 inch tiny numbers are ridiculous, they look like an infant replica jersey.

3. Does anyone else feel like Nike purposely botches some of these old designs so that they can convince teams to redesign completely?

I'm no expert, but in theory recreating the old pants stripe shape should be super easy on this template. They've recreated more complex designs on pants before.

4. These helmets are not good. I'm of the opinion that they should go all black but that's just me. I don't see how anyone can think those helmet stripes look good. The decal placement also looks really bad on some of those helmets. 

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

Better but I'd rather they drop matte altogether and go back to either the glossy finish from the previous set, or the the pre-06 finish so we could see the glorious throwbacks again.

The Vikings actually switched to the Glossy Helmet Finish in 2001 with the 1996-2005 Uniform. The helmet finish and shade of purple was the same from 2001-2012. Only the Logo on the helmet was changed in 2006.

da0Lbhs.png

I noticed the stripes on the pants and jerseys. Both black stripes are thin and then the lack of a logo as well as some of them not ending is just horrible. The helmets have always irritated me with the lack of matching space between them but now all the other stripes are screwed as well. Chargers masks are nice!

There is one big plus of the Panthers switching to the Vapor Untouchable Nike Template. I’m surprised that it happened, but it seems that a lot more players have the stripes go all the away around their sleeves/cuffs/cap/whatever size they wear. Some players still have the cut off ones, but a lot less than previous years.

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

I noticed the stripes on the pants and jerseys. Both black stripes are thin and then the lack of a logo as well as some of them not ending is just horrible. The helmets have always irritated me with the lack of matching space between them but now all the other stripes are screwed as well. Chargers masks are nice!

I'd wager that the stripes actually do all end.. the players just roll the bottom up or have their pants shortened.. it definitely should end much sooner though..

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

There is one big plus of the Panthers switching to the Vapor Untouchable Nike Template. I’m surprised that it happened, but it seems that a lot more players have the stripes go all the away around their sleeves/cuffs/cap/whatever size they wear. Some players still have the cut off ones, but a lot less than previous years.

The players who wear the cap-sleeves (linemen cut) are the ones that get cut off.. the ones with Skill or QB sleeves are the ones that go all the way around.. definitely an improved look

Archived