NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

On 8/5/2019 at 4:47 AM, pitt6pack said:

What I find more interesting is the NFL 100 logo in the endzones. It appears to be the logo used on the uniforms, with the NFL logo beneath the 100, and not the official NFL 100 logo, with the NFL logo to the right of the 100.

This logo:

nfl-100th-anniversary-logo-football-1.jp

and not this one:

Makes me wonder if the teams that put the NFL logo at their 25 yard lines will use the shield below the 100 logo instead.

I don't have the pic in front of me, but it is confirmed. On telecasts from both Detroit and Arizona. The NFL 100 logo is on the 25 yard line's

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the throwback uniforms the Vikings wore during the Brett Favre era more than the uniforms they had during the Randy Moss era, even with the grey facemasks.

Chicago+Bears+v+Minnesota+Vikings+26wGmH

Darker helmet and a lighter jersey, that is beautiful. 

Panthers jerseys are an upgrade. Panthers pants are an enormous downgrade. The Jets uniforms looked good. Not a fan of the anniversary patch taking the place of the logo on the Jags jerseys. Can’t really put the anniversary patch anywhere else I guess. 

14 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i thinks its time for them to just do something new. 

Nah, man. The Panthers are one of the few 90s expansion teams to commit to an identity. Look at the cluster :censored: that is the uniform history of their expansion cousins, the Jags.

I would rather the Panthers continue to commit to their identity than chase trends. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nah, man. The Panthers are one of the few 90s expansion teams to commit to an identity. Look at the cluster :censored: that is the uniform history of their expansion cousins, the Jags.

I would rather the Panthers continue to commit to their identity than chase trends. 

Same. That's why I was never that big of a fan of the logo update they did a number years back. They're a 90s team and they should stick with it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Browns wore all white socks last night, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked. I think because of how busy the rest of the uniform is, the white socks take away one more element, and really worked with that combo. 

Part of the Uniform. He wants to still wear his banned Schutt Air Advantage Helmet

With the banning of all the classic helmets, it makes me want to see Riddell make a version of the VSR-4 that keeps the classic helmet shape, but has all the modern features. The Revolutions, Speeds, or whatever they are calling them now are U G L Y. At least Schutt makes classic-style Helmets still.

EDIT: Here’s the full list.

spacer.png

I know that Tom Brady switched to a Russell SpeedFlex, and Stephen Gostkowski switched to the newest version of the Schutt Air, because it looked the most like the VSR-4. They both switched from that helmet. Helmet Stalker on Twitter has more player helmet changes.

EDIT 2: Jeez, just wear a new helmet!

He was seen wearing the latest version of the Air XP during practice before switching back.

da0Lbhs.png

18 hours ago, simtek34 said:

The Vikings actually switched to the Glossy Helmet Finish in 2001 with the 1996-2005 Uniform. The helmet finish and shade of purple was the same from 2001-2012. Only the Logo on the helmet was changed in 2006.

You know, I knew that but it's been a while and it slipped my mind, that I just associated it with the 06 switch.

Still even a glossy finish, I think you can get away with the throwbacks as long as the helmet rule exist. But it would look like crap with the matte.

7 hours ago, Ark said:

I actually like the throwback uniforms the Vikings wore during the Brett Favre era more than the uniforms they had during the Randy Moss era, even with the grey facemasks.

Chicago+Bears+v+Minnesota+Vikings+26wGmH

Darker helmet and a lighter jersey, that is beautiful. 

I like both, but I do give these the slight edge. Facemask I'm fine with either gray or purple.

But when it comes to the white jerseys I prefer the Moss era with the yellow outlines and logo on the sleeves.

5 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Browns wore all white socks last night, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked. I think because of how busy the rest of the uniform is, the white socks take away one more element, and really worked with that combo. 

Is this the first time an NFL team has worn plain white socks outside of Color Rush?

bSLCtu2.png

Archived