NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

More shots of this "matching helmet to jersey" stuff...

spacer.png

That purple is loud AF.

It is loud, but I like it! It's refreshing to see teams around the league transitioning back to rich, vibrant colors after so many years of seeing dark, drab colors.

It looks like they pretty much nailed the color tweak. Well done, Vikings. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

18 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

It is loud, but I like it! It's refreshing to see teams around the league transitioning back to rich, vibrant colors after so many years of seeing dark, drab colors.

It looks like they pretty much nailed the color tweak. Well done, Vikings. 

Exactly... As long as it's  not overbearing. The Vikings look great,  no complaints. 

33 minutes ago, SCL said:

Lots of players wearing tinted Oakley eye shields in the Vikes v. Saints game. Are they now allowed more widely? Previously they were only allowed for specific eye conditions. 

Pros have been able to. Lower levels state that it must be clear. 

if you look at a crop of a Vikings jersey from almost any of the pics posted above, you'd think it was plain blue and not purple.  The pants stripe and helmet look purple (or lavendarish) but the jersey seems to be just blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

if you look at a crop of a Vikings jersey from almost any of the pics posted above, you'd think it was plain blue and not purple.  The pants stripe and helmet look purple (or lavendarish) but the jersey seems to be just blue.

I think it’s your screen, I see purple, not even close to blue.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think it’s your screen, I see purple, not even close to blue.

Could be, but if I told you this crop was a Giant's or Ram's lineman, would you question it?

mmbcxv.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Could be, but if I told you this crop was a Giant's or Ram's lineman, would you question it?

mmbcxv.jpg

No, but that What happens when you are told something your brain will automatically recognize it as that and try to alter it unless it’s vastly different. That’s just psychology. Shoot our eyes can only see color in the center 10% of your vision, the remaining 90% your plbrain is automatically processing it and making us “see” colors in our peripherals. 

On 8/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, fouhy12 said:

Not sure how I feel about the yellow facemasks for the Chargers on the road. The helmet is yellow-heavy, but everything else is primarily navy. It looks off.

Looks solid to me, though would be better with Powder Blue replacing the navy.

68451382_10157092166147713_2468248946879

68823032_10157092166287713_1371142200141

67753142_10157092185407713_6497517084774

3 hours ago, colortv said:

Looks solid to me, though would be better with Powder Blue replacing the navy.

68823032_10157092166287713_1371142200141

I love the facemask but it just isn't working for me with that uniform. I agree that it would be helped by power instead of the navy blue. Best solution, although radical for them, would be to simply have the bolt on the shoulder and pants match the helmet. No navy blue strip boxing it in.  

Archived