NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Chargers need to keep the navy, powder blue while nice is a downgrade to the navy.

The yellow facemask is really nice though!

Chargers have committed to powder blue going forward because the opposite is true. I'd say over 90% of Chargers fans wear powder gear over navy.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't like yellow facemasks. Something about them has always felt off to me. They feel fake, like a toy, like plastic. I feel the same about the Redskins also.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

16 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

That’s by far the worst of the 3, it goes

1.Navy

2.Powder

100.Royal Blue

I have to kindly disagree. It’s the best of the current three. Now if they were to revamp the jerseys I would certainly make it my third choice.

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I don't like yellow facemasks. Something about them has always felt off to me. They feel fake, like a toy, like plastic. I feel the same about the Redskins also.

The helmets the Redskins have paired with their throwbacks the past couple seasons are IMO, their best. Do some color matching, swap in the current logos and you’ve got the beginnings of a stellar new primary set. Sometimes, the most simplistic designs are the best.

spacer.png

Ideally, I’d love for them to match what Minnesota had, for the most part, done with their uniforms

spacer.png

19 hours ago, j'villejags said:

It is loud, but I like it! It's refreshing to see teams around the league transitioning back to rich, vibrant colors after so many years of seeing dark, drab colors.

It looks like they pretty much nailed the color tweak. Well done, Vikings. 

They need to get rid of all the black in that uniform. It's unnecessary. COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY!

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

20 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The helmets the Redskins have paired with their throwbacks the past couple seasons are IMO, their best. Do some color matching, swap in the current logos and you’ve got the beginnings of a stellar new primary set. Sometimes, the most simplistic designs are the best.

Ideally, I’d love for them to match what Minnesota had, for the most part, done with their uniforms

Oddly enough I dislike grey facemasks, they seem like the most bland thing in the world to me.

Giants would look infinitely better with white facemasks.

I hope the Chargers get new uniforms in 2020. The current set looks average at best and most times looks cheap when compared with other teams jerseys and don't get me started with the ugly jagged numbers. They need to make the bolts on the helmet bigger, because you can barely see them on TV and it looks like they got a blank white helmet most times.

49 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

As a charger fan, they look a little to bright and take focus away from the helmet unlike the Patriots red which enhances a otherwise dull helmet.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:10 PM, dont care said:

You mean just in the face mask? That for the most part just figuratively disappears when watching games

It's the facemask and in the helmet logo. Too Little. Too Much.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

1 hour ago, dont care said:

You mean just in the face mask? That for the most part just figuratively disappears when watching games

Maybe for the "main" camera angle, but there's a different angles of players, sidelines, replays etc. where you can clearly see it.

1 hour ago, Classic said:

I hope the Chargers get new uniforms in 2020. The current set looks average at best and most times looks cheap when compared with other teams jerseys and don't get me started with the ugly jagged numbers. They need to make the bolts on the helmet bigger, because you can barely see them on TV and it looks like they got a blank white helmet most times.

As a charger fan, they look a little to bright and take focus away from the helmet unlike the Patriots red which enhances a otherwise dull helmet.

Are the Chargers under any sort of time frame prohibition where they can't get new uniforms next year? It makes too much sense that they would get new uniforms with the new stadium but we haven't heard anything.

For the record, uniform cleat colors are no longer mandated by the NFL, correct? Meaning teams are no longer required to officially be either a black or white cleat team? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Last I remember, teams had to select black or white, but individual players could wear whatever they wanted so long as it was in team colors.   So although the Packers were officially a black-shoe team, most players wear cleats in a combination of green, gold, and white.

I totally get why it's no longer feasible to be a "black" or "white"-shoed team, but if black isn't a team color, it should only be allowed if the team does mandate that everyone wear black, otherwise it's no different than an Eagle wearing red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

I have to kindly disagree. It’s the best of the current three. Now if they were to revamp the jerseys I would certainly make it my third choice.

spacer.png

The best part about this was changing the bolt’s light blue outline to dark blue, giving the logo a crisper, bolder look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The best part about this was changing the bolt’s light blue outline to dark blue, giving the logo a crisper, bolder look.

And the worst part about it was the blue pants.  As long as this is monochrome from the neck down it goes without saying that this will always be their worst choice.

And there really isn't even a quick save. If you use white pants, then the gold numbers don't work, and if you use gold pants, then the white helmet will get complaints.  Enough Band-Aids and partial fixes.  The chargers need to stop half-assing it, go ahead and adopt light blue and gold as their color scheme and design a new uniform specifically for those colors. Use the 60's as a reference, but get it right.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:36 PM, shaydre1019 said:

Browns wore all white socks last night, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked. I think because of how busy the rest of the uniform is, the white socks take away one more element, and really worked with that combo. 

Is Washington using a darker shade of burgundy these days?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived