NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

In fairness, that wouldn't look good regardless of pant color.

But it does look much better with white pants than orange. The problem is that particular orange is just too dark to provide good contrast against the brown.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, burgundy said:

They also darkened it around 2001 before that. I think the current shade is a nice balance between the Gibbs era shade and the classic dark burgundy.

When they went to that darker, they did get upset that Reebok was using the same base jersey as the 49ers, when they went dark maroon, to make the replicas. My cousin managed the Redskins store in Fed Ex around that time period of the Dark unis. I want to say they sent some back to Reebok. 

On 8/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, burgundy said:

They also darkened it around 2001 before that. I think the current shade is a nice balance between the Gibbs era shade and the classic dark burgundy.

I was never a huge fan of the rarely one worn B/B/Ws during the Gibbs era when the burgundy looked more like cherry, but Washington looked good against Cleveland.  Perhaps they should wear the gold pants less than they have in recent years.  I liked this B/B/W combo.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 8/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

White helmet, white pants, but non-white numbers?  Hard to picture.  In my mind, it doesn't work, and I can't think of any team that's tried it, off the top of my head.  If fact, I can't really think of a team wearing white pants but non-white numbers on a dark jersey (example, the recent navy blue jersey Rams) that I thought worked.

I thought the old Steelers alt/throwbacks worked in this respect.

131690402_crop_650x440.jpg?1325521986

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Color Rush vs Baltimore Week 12. Really hope the Ravens bring out their Color Rush for the matchup too

I saw on the Panthers subreddit that the Rams will be in blue/gold throwbacks Week 1 at CAR, so I bet we'll be in our all whites.

the user formerly known as cdclt

18 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I saw on the Panthers subreddit that the Rams will be in blue/gold throwbacks Week 1 at CAR, so I bet we'll be in our all whites.

yjthqo82eqbbnnbliuv9.jpg

Panthers social media team teased we'll have to wait week to week for pants color.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, Gothamite said:

That’s common with purple; it often reads as blue under the right lighting conditions. 

Maybe that's why the Lakers used to color their dark color "Forum Blue" (and not just Jack Kent Cooke liking the color but not the name)..

https://www.forumblueandgold.com/forum-blue/

On 8/13/2019 at 7:16 AM, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

On 8/12/2019 at 8:10 PM, Gobbi said:

I thought the old Steelers alt/throwbacks worked in this respect.

131690402_crop_650x440.jpg?1325521986

I'll add another.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Way too many weeks in white for the Rams. I hate the mismatched mess they made. 3 of those home games should be blue or yellow.

The Rams not wearing the throwbacks at home vs Saints (Week 2) and 49ers (Week 6) is a huge mistake. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived