8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Absolutely. If any team can (conceptually) pull of a really bright yellow, it’s the Chargers, and I think it’d be a smart way to differentiate themselves from the Rams. They already alienated all their fans, so they’re in the clear on that front. 🙂

And that blue really is beautiful. Does anyone have a side-by-side with a Giants or Colts jersey? I’m curious how different they are or aren’t.

I'm curious about that,  myself--well, that as well as a side-by-side of the Chargers' powder blue and Tennessee's luv y--erm, Titans Blue (why they chose to call their columbia blue that is beyond me). The cynic in me bets they're the same swatch, or extremely close.

12 hours ago, Buc said:

If anything, I think the Chargers should find the brightest yellow they can get (which im sure Nike has plenty of somewhere in its Oregon swatch bin), pair that with the deeper pacific blue of their color rush sets (I personally prefer that to their much-more-ballyhooed powder blue), if they absolutely must keep the navy keep it to an absolute minimum of trim, and call it a day.

In essence, put some white pants with this, use those blue pants on the road and be done with it. 

usa_today_10458887.0.jpg

12 hours ago, Buc said:

If anything, I think the Chargers should find the brightest yellow they can get (which im sure Nike has plenty of somewhere in its Oregon swatch bin), pair that with the deeper pacific blue of their color rush sets (I personally prefer that to their much-more-ballyhooed powder blue), if they absolutely must keep the navy keep it to an absolute minimum of trim, and call it a day.

In essence, put some white pants with this, use those blue pants on the road and be done with it. 

usa_today_10458887.0.jpg

I think that could work, but they need to go back to the old bolts. ⚡⚡

On 8/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, andrewharrington said:

Absolutely. If any team can (conceptually) pull of a really bright yellow, it’s the Chargers, and I think it’d be a smart way to differentiate themselves from the Rams. They already alienated all their fans, so they’re in the clear on that front. 🙂

And that blue really is beautiful. Does anyone have a side-by-side with a Giants or Colts jersey? I’m curious how different they are or aren’t.

Yeah, that blue is beautiful.  Which is why the Rams should be wearing it.

On 8/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, burgundy said:

They also darkened it around 2001 before that. I think the current shade is a nice balance between the Gibbs era shade and the classic dark burgundy.

NFL team colours

@TruColor has great resource tools and it seems as if the burgundy colour has not changed much.  It also seems as if the uniform colour was actually changed in 2016.

So what the hell are the Rams doing next season i’ve forgotten? Are they gonna go blue and white or blue and yellow like they wore against Dallas? And why the hell didn’t they just wait to make a change rather than look so screwed up and mismatched? 

10 hours ago, daniel75 said:

So what the hell are the Rams doing next season i’ve forgotten? Are they gonna go blue and white or blue and yellow like they wore against Dallas? And why the hell didn’t they just wait to make a change rather than look so screwed up and mismatched? 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Interesting...

Navy pants should NEVER be worn with the white jersey. Horrible look. 

15 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Interesting...

When are they going to break out the much ballyhooed powder blues?

During the NFL preseason, we always see mainly WRs donning numbers less than 10. Have there been instances of defensive players wearing numbers less than 20?

10 hours ago, nuordr said:

spacer.png

Sorry I meant the 2020 season, going forward what are they going to do?

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

During the NFL preseason, we always see mainly WRs donning numbers less than 10. Have there been instances of defensive players wearing numbers less than 20?

Last night the Seahawks had a db with the number 9.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

We can shorten this.

Funny you guys hate the navy pants look, as that's the often requested simple alternate for Auburn people often request

On 8/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, Mitch B said:

A SoCal team named the Chargers should have dynamic & bright uniforms IMHO.  I think the team should start from scratch instead of just tweaking the current uniforms when it's time for a change, which is hopefully soon.  I'd like to see some concepts with electric blue and volt. ⚡🏈⚡🏈⚡🏈⚡

Indeed.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:21 AM, Buc said:

usa_today_10458887.0.jpg

That's too similar to the Rams, they should fully embrace the powder blue instead.

67734014_10157090121622713_4893709359382

While it'd throw these boards into a riot, I really hope next season and into the future the Rams embrace the duel identities. Yellow horns at home and White on the road, with the Retro template of the jerseys in the various colors. And with the availability to have a color rush jersey as well as an alternate, you could have a White/Blue Home and away as well as a Yellow/Blue home and away and can wear either identity any given week. I think it's a concept we haven't seen before in the NFL level and would be unique, yet is still two great uniforms and not too crazy like a college team. 

49 minutes ago, espnboy13 said:

While it'd throw these boards into a riot, I really hope next season and into the future the Rams embrace the duel identities. Yellow horns at home and White on the road, with the Retro template of the jerseys in the various colors. And with the availability to have a color rush jersey as well as an alternate, you could have a White/Blue Home and away as well as a Yellow/Blue home and away and can wear either identity any given week. I think it's a concept we haven't seen before in the NFL level and would be unique, yet is still two great uniforms and not too crazy like a college team. 

Interesting thought. I don’t hate the idea actually. But it’s kinda like the old saying goes “If you have 2 quarterbacks you don’t have one.” Having dual identities lessens either, and for that reason I think they should run with the blue/yellow full time, it’s a fan favorite and looks fantastic. To me, it is the Rams.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:20 AM, Mitch B said:

Why the Jets couldn't have reworked the 80's logos to use is beyond me.

Because those logos were never actually good? 🤷‍♂️

On 8/14/2019 at 10:44 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

A Chargers uniform with consistent bolt backgrounds from head to toe! Hallelujah!!

Some of the bolts are still upside-down, though.  That still needs fixing.