15 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Sorry I meant the 2020 season, going forward what are they going to do?

it's assumed we'll see the new Rams uniforms sometime next Spring...

4 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

it's assumed we'll see the new Rams uniforms sometime next Spring...

I’m assuming they will be blue and white. 

Also here to say it would be cool if the Rams wore a gold/blue combo for home games and white/blue combo for road games. 

35 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Also here to say it would be cool if the Rams wore a gold/blue combo for home games and white/blue combo for road games. 

You misspelled “hideous” there. 🙃

11 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Because those logos were never actually good? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I'm going to disagree with that.

A script JETS with a subtle drawing of a jet is a fantastic concept.

Maybe fantastic in concept.  But that 80s logo was never good in reality. 

On 8/19/2019 at 5:09 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

We can shorten this.

I am against any team wearing a white jersey with dark pants  at home (Redskins-white/burgundy, Eagles-white/green, Saints-white/black, Panthers-white/black, Rams-white/navy, Patriots-white/navy, Jets-white/green, Dolphins-white/aqua, Bills-white/royal, Titans-white/navy, Jags-white/black, Ravens-white/black, Browns-white/brown, Bengals-white/black, Chargers-white/navy). I will tolerate a white jersey with gold/yellow or gray/silver pants (Cowboys, Saints, Bucs), or something like white/orange (Browns), white/teal (Jags), or white/columbia(Titans).

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

You misspelled “hideous” there. 🙃

I like the idea. It would be unique in the NFL, and to me, it’s a nice “best of both worlds” approach.

You get the fan favorite look at home, and you can have a look inspired by the Fearsome Foursome on the road (same general design as the home, but sans gold). I always preferred the homes to the roads anyway (in the blue and gold set), so I wouldn’t miss them too much. It’s really no different than the Detroit Tigers being a blue and white home team and a blue and orange road team, which works great.

Of course, I think the best option is a blue and gold home/road and a blue and white third, but I think they can pull off the dual identity if they do it right (yes, I know that’s a very large “if”).

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe fantastic in concept.  But that 80s logo was never good in reality. 

The guy you quoted said a reworked 80s logo. That implies an changed/updated version of the 80s logo.

I don't understand why they didn't do that. I mean the uniforms have the 80s logo motif.

40 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I like the idea. It would be unique in the NFL, and to me, it’s a nice “best of both worlds” approach.

You get the fan favorite look at home, and you can have a look inspired by the Fearsome Foursome on the road (same general design as the home, but sans gold). I always preferred the homes to the roads anyway (in the blue and gold set), so I wouldn’t miss them too much. It’s really no different than the Detroit Tigers being a blue and white home team and a blue and orange road team, which works great.

Of course, I think the best option is a blue and gold home/road and a blue and white third, but I think they can pull off the dual identity if they do it right (yes, I know that’s a very large “if”).

They would have to have two helmets then.

22 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

They would have to have two helmets then.

Nah, just two sets of decals like they have now.

Or...a horn design that incorporates both colors. Which can be done, if executed properly. 

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Plus the New York Giants essentially already do the same thing, favoring blue at home and red on the road. (To something of a lesser degree, the Jaguars also used to do this, back between '09 and '14, wearing teal jerseys at home while their road look barely had any teal at all, mostly just black and white.)

So it can be done--IF, as Harry said, IF they do it right. 

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Yeah, but I hate that.

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

I’m assuming they will be blue and white. 

They will be royal blue/gold, the team has all but said as much.

3 minutes ago, colortv said:

They will be royal blue/gold, the team has all but said as much.

So why are their helmets blue and white? I thought that was the direction they were going otherwise why do it?

8 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

So why are their helmets blue and white? I thought that was the direction they were going otherwise why do it?

They want to de-emphasize the California gold currently, so that when they go full retro with the rebrand the impact of the 'new" branding is greater.

3 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Because like how they can’t change the road uniforms they can’t change the helmets, at home they use the yellow horns, Atleast most of the time.

3 hours ago, colortv said:

They want to de-emphasize the California gold currently, so that when they go full retro with the rebrand the impact of the 'new" branding is greater.

I don’t think that’s true, if anything they’ve slip-n-slided their way in to the rebrand. Going from removing the metallic gold on the helmets when they moved back to LA, to changing the home uniform to the throwback last year.

I don’t know why they didn’t just wait to  change all at once when they move stadiums. It’s been an ugly mess.

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Except it’s not like the Tigers. None of this feels intentional. I would say the rams are desperately trying to get away from their St. Louis look and move back to the Greatest Show on Turf/previous LA look. The Tigers dual look works because they work together. And because it works better for baseball in general. The Giants work the dual design look because it works and because the looks still match. The rams don’t it looks like half a rebrand, because it is half a rebrand. The road jersey looks straight out of 07, while the home is a modern classic. I can’t wait till they finally fix this mess of an identity and find something to stick with for the next 30 years.

22 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Because like how they can’t change the road uniforms they can’t change the helmets, at home they use the yellow horns, Atleast most of the time.

I don’t think that’s true, if anything they’ve slip-n-slided their way in to the rebrand. Going from removing the metallic gold on the helmets when they moved back to LA, to changing the home uniform to the throwback last year.

I don’t know why they didn’t just wait to  change all at once when they move stadiums. It’s been an ugly mess.

I'll tell you why it's been a mess:

What the Rams wanted to do when they moved back to LA(or at least a year after when fans pushed to get away from St. Louis colors) was go to a blue/white color scheme to get away from the St. Louis colors/demphasize the gold for the reason I mentioned above, UNTIL they moved into the new stadium when they would introduce the full rebrand of blue/gold to coincide with the new stadium.

The NFL's convoluted rules about uniform changes threw a monkey wrench into that, as well as the 1 year delay in the opening of the stadium.

6 minutes ago, colortv said:

I'll tell you why it's been a mess:

What the Rams wanted to do when they moved back to LA(or at least a year after when fans pushed to get away from St. Louis colors) was go to a blue/white color scheme to get away from the St. Louis colors/demphasize the gold for the reason I mentioned above, UNTIL they moved into the new stadium when they would introduce the full rebrand of blue/gold to coincide with the new stadium.

The NFL's convoluted rules about uniform changes threw a monkey wrench into that, as well as the 1 year delay in the opening of the stadium.

Not quite.

The NFL has a provision allowing a relocated team to change uniforms immediately. And they offered to let the Rams switch to the old LA Rams throwbacks full-time upon the move back. The problem was such a change would have restarted the five year countdown before a new uniform could be unveiled. The Rams had it in their heads that they'd redesign the uniforms for the opening of the new stadium in 2-3 years.

In short? They could either go with the throwbacks full-time upon returning to LA or they could debut new uniforms with the first year in the new stadium. Not both. The Rams underestimated the passion the Rams fans in LA had for the new uniforms and opted for waiting until the new stadium was completed, figuring the old St. Louis look would suffice in the short term.

LA, of course, made it known that they didn't want the St. Louis navy and old gold at all. So the Rams had to scramble to find a stop-gap between now and the debut of the new uniforms in the new stadium.