NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

And, to their credit, I really think the Rams wanted to get to LA and take the temperature there before committing to anything. Sure, the throwbacks seemed the most popular choice when they still had a business address in Missouri, but things can look very different once you’re actually on the ground in the hometown.

The idea was a solid one, but in practice it resulted in treading water in awful, placeholder Frankenstein’s Monster uniforms before they can unveil the new ones. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Except it’s not like the Tigers. None of this feels intentional. I would say the rams are desperately trying to get away from their St. Louis look and move back to the Greatest Show on Turf/previous LA look. The Tigers dual look works because they work together. And because it works better for baseball in general. The Giants work the dual design look because it works and because the looks still match. The rams don’t it looks like half a rebrand, because it is half a rebrand. The road jersey looks straight out of 07, while the home is a modern classic. I can’t wait till they finally fix this mess of an identity and find something to stick with for the next 30 years.

You’re correct in that what they’ve done is a mess and it doesn’t look intentional, but I was under the impression we were talking about a theoretical redesign pairing a classic royal blue and gold (yellow) home uniform with a properly designed royal blue and white “Fearsome Foursome” road uniform companion, not the current blue/white road look with metallic gold.

Essentially, this paired with this as a home and road set (with very minor updates to clean things up and make sure the designs match up with each other):

spacer.png

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

You’re correct in that what they’ve done is a mess and it doesn’t look intentional, but I was under the impression we were talking about a theoretical redesign pairing a classic royal blue and gold (yellow) home uniform with a properly designed royal blue and white “Fearsome Foursome” road uniform companion, not the current blue/white road look with metallic gold.

Essentially, this paired with this as a home and road set (with very minor updates to clean things up and make sure the designs match up with each other):

spacer.png

spacer.png

In theory you could argue a number of teams should have a home uniform from Era A and a road uniform from Era B. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oops, my bad then, I still think that wouldn’t be the best decision though it is better than what I thought you meant

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Anybody else see these monstrosities?

spacer.png

i kiiiiiiiiinda like Tennessee? rest are abysmal though

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Saw these and came right here to see if there was a discussion going. Most are just oversized logos, a lot are oversized half-logos. Some wouldn't even work. The way they sized the vikings horn, it wouldn't fit on the helmet. At first I thought the photoshop was pretty decent, but there's a lot to nitpick if you look close. Can't believe Riddell let this get through the door and the NFL posted it. 

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

The Washington One isn’t bad. If they ever went the route of moving away from the logo, I wouldn’t mind it. Still would like the R inside the drum or the spear though. The rest are not ideal.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love this idea. Would the NFL allow though? They won't allow home and road helmet colors BUT could the Rams get away with home and road helmet decal logos? Very cool. 

5 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

I actually really like the Eagles Bucs Saints Panthers Browns Colts Titans and Skins

Especially the Skins though, that oversized feather is gorgeous.

where are you seeing all the other teams?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I love this idea. Would the NFL allow though? They won't allow home and road helmet colors BUT could the Rams get away with home and road helmet decal logos? Very cool. 

Good question. The NFL allowed the Jets to tinker with their face mask color midseason a few years ago, so at the very least I think they have a good argument for precedence.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived