FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, colortv said:

69088238_10157135282307713_4546225459796

69276037_10157135312682713_8880190380239

69498627_10157135146562713_7223463860282

There it is, the perfect compromise between powder and navy. Put some powder numbers on the aways with the navy/yellow trim and call it a day. 

Mind you, I used the word "compromise." I personally don't think the Chargers need navy blue anywhere in their identity, but since ownership insists on it being there... 

On 8/21/2019 at 3:40 AM, Gothamite said:

And, to their credit, I really think the Rams wanted to get to LA and take the temperature there before committing to anything. Sure, the throwbacks seemed the most popular choice when they still had a business address in Missouri, but things can look very different once you’re actually on the ground in the hometown.

The idea was a solid one, but in practice it resulted in treading water in awful, placeholder Frankenstein’s Monster uniforms before they can unveil the new ones. 

I think they really should have been able to see that the potential downside of the St. Louis uniforms was soooo much greater. I really believe it was about either the cost of switching upon moving and/or being too focused on that moment of glory entering the new football palace with shiny new uniforms. If they were moving to a random city, you may have a point, but do you really think there was ANY chance LA would have rejected the uniforms the Rams wore for most of their time in LA? We have weapons-grade nostalgia running rampant throughout the culture today.

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

There's a part of me that wants to see the Chargers switch to powder blue helmets. Fingers crossed for their next complete uniform change.

I've never seen a Chargers powder blue helmet concept that's looked good. 

1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

I am sure the eight games where Dallas wears blue jerseys this year is some all-time reccord.

Their record is 7, and that hasn’t been done since 1963 when there were 14 games. 

The last time they wore blue 5 times was 2006

19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

There's a part of me that wants to see the Chargers switch to powder blue helmets. Fingers crossed for their next complete uniform change.

I think that powder blue helmets could actually work if they can execute it well.  

9 hours ago, McGlinchey23 said:

Their record is 7, and that hasn’t been done since 1963 when there were 14 games. 

The last time they wore blue 5 times was 2006

Keep in mind that in 1963, teams had to wear their colors at home. The League changed that requirement the following season.

Falcons just released their uniform schedule -- black jerseys for Titans, Seahawks and Saints. Not slated to wear read on the road at any point. And gosh darnit, another year without black pants as a road option. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ 

On a positive note, the black jerseys were posted front and center on the social graphic they posted. At the least, their social team is very aware that fans prefer the traditional style versus the stale arena league crap. I really hope Arthur finally comes to and makes a change. 

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Falcons just released their uniform schedule -- black jerseys for Titans, Seahawks and Saints. Not slated to wear read on the road at any point. And gosh darnit, another year without black pants as a road option. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

To me, this is really the only time the Falcons rebrand ever looked good:

michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-falcons-runs

120970470-atlanta-falcons-vs-buffalo-bil

5bbac52cb4e470dfe15dac314f57ec50.jpg

The color balance was terrific.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

41 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

On a positive note, the black jerseys were posted front and center on the social graphic they posted. At the least, their social team is very aware that fans prefer the traditional style versus the stale arena league crap. I really hope Arthur finally comes to and makes a change. 

Any team with piping in 2019 is well overdue to make a change. The throwbacks are great but I would also be open to them modernizing that look a bit. I'd also love to see Atlanta bring back metallic gold as an accent color, as I think it pairs very well with red and black.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Any team with piping in 2019 is well overdue to make a change. The throwbacks are great but I would also be open to them modernizing that look a bit. I'd also love to see Atlanta bring back metallic gold as an accent color, as I think it pairs very well with red and black.

Not only does gold go great with red and black. It's a natural crossover with Arthur Blank's championship winning baby, Atlanta United.

9 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

What would happen in a Utopian NFL--colors at home and white on the road.

Archived