NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That black pants worn with black socks makes this a loser in my book.

They actually used a bizarre striped sock in the beginning. They got rid of it after the first year of the new look then went to black socks.

2003_ATL_2.png

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, colortv said:

68952266_10157140125147713_6233042559283

Modern classic? Is this an unpopular opinion? Probably my favorite uniform in the league (maybe ever?). I love the font, even. Think it matches the vibe of the uniform perfectly and anything more basic would detract from the overall look. 

I noticed Adam Vinatieri is still wearing his Adams helmet in camp pictures. How is this allowed? Is this any different then the AB situation with the untested Air Advantage? Are they not going to kick up a fuss because he is a kicker?

11 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Falcons just released their uniform schedule -- black jerseys for Titans, Seahawks and Saints.

I like the black alternates, but all three opponents are dark teams... Likely gonna get them against the Saints black pants and possibly two navy-white-navy matchups. Hopefully the Saints and Titans go with gold and columbia pants, but I still think they could’ve chosen better visual matchups for the black jerseys.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, but they somehow made it worse in an attempt to customize it.

spacer.png

Those angled ends they added are useless clutter.

spacer.png

Man, interestingly enough, their 1 seems to more accurately match the true Agency 1. They also tweaked the middle of the 3 and 8 that i've only seen on the rokets/former pacers number font which is based on Agency but has a few tweaks. 

Does anyone know if those are like alternate number variations built into the font, or if that started perhaps with reebok/adidas when working on the chargers, then ended up in the NBA?

41 minutes ago, colortv said:

Bit of a random followup on helmets, but am I the only person who prefers the Bills old red helmets to the ones they have now?

Red>white all day every day. But red helmets need red socks to balance it out 

1 hour ago, colortv said:

Both the Bills and Patriots have such great looking red jerseys, would be nice for one of them to adopt as primaries especially considering only 1 afc team(chiefs) has red as the primary jersey color right now:

patriots-nike-throwback-jersey-vs-jets-2

While I appreciate the nostalgia for that awesome uniform and helmet, even 10-year old me wondered why the “Patriots” wore red and not blue back in the day.

“So we’ve had an incredible amount of success in navy and silver. This uniform will always be the one associated with the team, and an all time great QB”

”Yes”

”Let’s go back to the look we had when we were irrelevant and our home city didn’t even care about us! Contact Nike right now, we’re going back to red and white”

ExJworW.png

If Patriots' ownership really feels the need to move on from the uniform that Brady/Belichick have been connected to when they retire, I'd like to see them utilize the color rush set with the addition of white pants and a white helmet/navy blue face mask, and flying Elvis logo. 

I think this distances itself from the current set, without completely blowing things up for the sake of change. This would also open the door to throwback to the "Patriot Pat" set that people seem to love regardless of the awfulness associated to that set. The icing on the cake would be if the Bills went back to a superior red helmet.

spacer.png

The Pat Patriot throwbacks have a lot of nostalgia...and seem to just fit in with rustic New England autumns...but even in throwback mode (for one or two games a year), they're still somehow a curse...

Patriots wore the 80s throwbacks in 2002 and 2010-2012, and the AFL throwback in 2009.

In those five seasons in which throwbacks were worn, there were no Super Bowl wins, one Super Bowl appearance (a loss), three fairly embarrassing playoff losses (all at home), and they missed the playoffs in 2002. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, but they somehow made it worse in an attempt to customize it.

spacer.png

Those angled ends they added are useless clutter.

spacer.png

this was one of the uniforms that ushered in the proprietary numerals era, right? not many teams had something on this level of customization at the time. i think all the cuts give it energy and a much more aggressive look. appropriate for the team, but when they came out, i thought it was a bit much. by todays standards though, they’re a high crafted classic. who would ever had thought this would end up being like, mid-tier NFL numeral design?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 hours ago, jn8 said:

I like the black alternates, but all three opponents are dark teams... Likely gonna get them against the Saints black pants and possibly two navy-white-navy matchups. Hopefully the Saints and Titans go with gold and columbia pants, but I still think they could’ve chosen better visual matchups for the black jerseys.

Since the Saints game is on Thanksgiving, I wouldn't be surprised if they counter with their mono-white set. There's always a chance the Seahawks could go mono-gray or wear white or gray pants with their white jerseys.

Archived