NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

The Eagles are including a lot of kelly green in their Twitter profile. Normally I wouldn't pay any mind but this is the first time I remember seeing them officially put their logo on a kelly green background. Maybe laying some groundwork?

https://twitter.com/Eagles?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

That’s more lime/“action” green

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

They are honoring different decades at the different games this year to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the franchise. Last night's game celebrated the 1980s.

Every moment of the Chicago Bears' existence celebrates the 1980s

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

The Eagles are including a lot of kelly green in their Twitter profile. Normally I wouldn't pay any mind but this is the first time I remember seeing them officially put their logo on a kelly green background. Maybe laying some groundwork?

https://twitter.com/Eagles?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

It's an odd color choice, but I wouldn't call it kelly, and I wouldn't look into it at all.  Doesn't seem like the dark color is midnight green, but would need to use the dropper to be sure due to the small size.  No idea where they pulled the bright green from, but it looks similar to the one the Jets have used in similar ways the past few years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If anyone here is a Costco member, you can find "NFL Pro Line" jerseys in your local team for $49.99. Construction is similar to the old Reebok replicas, with a mesh front and back (but it seems heavier and a little smoother than the old mesh), and matte nylon shoulders, sleeves, side panels, and nameplate. Sleeve/shoulder numbers and full sleeve striping are included, and there's an embroidered NFL shield at the neck. It's basically the same jersey Reebok charged $65 for in 2002. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:05 PM, Gothamite said:

The plane is awkward, the letters self-consciously “kewl”. Looks especially terrible pointing backwards on the helmet. Would be easier to explain what I like about that logo. Let me think.... the shade of green. There. That’s it. 

I think it was the best logo for a team with some pretty bad logos.  I guess you can say it was the shiniest of turds.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

10 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

I think it was the best logo for a team with some pretty bad logos.  I guess you can say it was the shiniest of turds.

I still think the green oval with the bold NY is the perfect update to the Namath-era logo. Sure, it's not exciting but you're a NY team. Emphasizing the city via a NY logo is a proud tradition amongst its teams. 

Washington appears to have a metallic finish on their helmets - is that new?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

41 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Just got off work, won't be home til about 4 though...so was it just GB-Chi, or are all the coaches dressed like it's Players' Weekend?

The Bills’ coach wore the same whites as Green Bay and Chicago.  The Jets’ coach wore a black shirt. 

Eagles' sidline caps were solid white like players' weekend.  Maybe that's a thing.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, msubulldog said:

If they're wearing white in Miami week 4, that would be the earliest in a long time that the Dolphins are wearing aqua for a daytime kick-off

I am now in the camp of this year’s Dolphins NOT wearing the 1972 throwbacks at all this season.  Let’s not tarnish that memory by busting those out for a 45-3 a** kicking.

Jacksonville had the old-school "JACKSONVILLE" endzones yesteday...were they new (/"old"), or did they have them last year? I thought the Jaguars' endzones were the arched wordmark...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, mafiaman said:

I am now in the camp of this year’s Dolphins NOT wearing the 1972 throwbacks at all this season.  Let’s not tarnish that memory by busting those out for a 45-3 a** kicking.

Good idea.  In fact I’m retroactively happy they have to wait another four seasons before even considering bringing it back full time.  Perhaps this reboot, rebuild, or whatever you want to call it can also serve the purpose of permanently tarnishing the cruise ship logo 

1 hour ago, THRILLHO said:

Good idea.  In fact I’m retroactively happy they have to wait another four seasons before even considering bringing it back full time.  Perhaps this reboot, rebuild, or whatever you want to call it can also serve the purpose of permanently tarnishing the cruise ship logo 

Exactly.  Hopefully by 2022, they're bringing back the Dolphin with a helmet, darkening up the aqua, and taking me back to the days of Don Strock and the '82 playoff game.  Until then, they can wear the new-fangled suits.  

Archived