NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

I didn’t get a picture but on ESPN they panned to the crowd and showed someone wearing a “Platinum” JJ Watt Jersey. I don’t know if it’s to go as an accessory to the one Nike/New Era put out or if it’s old news.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

As expected, the all-black socks make the Saints all-black pants look even worse.

Put the saints in shiny gold pants and the Texans in red socks and this turns into a great looking matchup. As is, it’s dark and lifeless.

1 hour ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

The captain C is slightly different this year right?

looking at Panthers 2019 and 2018, looks same except for (maybe?) the outer border of the patch.

q4x7okjce1ijyqeakgwi.jpg

szpgnvt330w7epmivu6m.jpg

2018 on black

u1ex0pfdd21wfbndmuz7.jpg

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

7 minutes ago, pagan696 said:

Texans at Saints match-up looks bad.  lots of dark, not much color.  Not a fan of the Saints all black pant w no stripe... and black socks, ugh.

quhekkbulnlbgmo6bpqq.jpg

I love my Saints and all, but…

spacer.png

no. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

No outer border anymore.. looks clean . Seems like the C patches players wore during color rush games

spacer.png

spacer.png

The biggest difference comes with players with less than 4 years of captaincy (can you say this ?) . In previous years you would see as many gold stars as the years the players served as captain (up to 4) and the other ones would be the same color as the C :

spacer.png

Now they got rid of the non-gold stars , and centered the remaining gold ones: (I'm sorry i couldn't find an on-field shot, i can remember our MIA Center Kilgore wearing one, but this is still a pretty good illustration)

spacer.png

Again, its basically what color rush patches used to be. I dig it

77dd826b-b0f9-4093-b483-cc642ee0218d-090

The Bengals wore all white socks on Sunday. Between this and the Saints last night, I don't like this new development. NFL Football socks should have a stripe or a block of color at the top or both. This single color stuff looks silly and amateurish. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

36 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

77dd826b-b0f9-4093-b483-cc642ee0218d-090

The Bengals wore all white socks on Sunday. Between this and the Saints last night, I don't like this new development. NFL Football socks should have a stripe or a block of color at the top or both. This single color stuff looks silly and amateurish. 

I love it and it's a really welcome change.  The saints already look terrible in their all-Black uniforms, but the little white socks at the bottom really made it look worse.  At least now, it's not broken up...if the Color Rush look was your thing, you like it.  If you're a traditionalist, you don't.  But the Jags & Bengals in all-white socks and the Saints in all-black, amongst other this weekend, looked way better, in my opinion.  Really, the key is if the player's cleats match his socks...when they don't, it looks too broken up.  The guy with the Black shoes on the left of the Bengals pick, versus how the other 2 players look, illustrates this.  The top of the shoe must match the color of the sock or it looks clunky.  The seamlessness is what makes it look good.

The outline-less Captain patches are really clean, too.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

I love it and it's a really welcome change.  The saints already look terrible in their all-Black uniforms, but the little white socks at the bottom really made it look worse.  At least now, it's not broken up...if the Color Rush look was your thing, you like it.  If you're a traditionalist, you don't.  But the Jags & Bengals in all-white socks and the Saints in all-black, amongst other this weekend, looked way better, in my opinion.  Really, the key is if the player's cleats match his socks...when they don't, it looks too broken up.  The guy with the Black shoes on the left of the Bengals pick, versus how the other 2 players look, illustrates this.  The top of the shoe must match the color of the sock or it looks clunky.  The seamlessness is what makes it look good.

That's funny because I think the thing that would make every single color rush really sing, especially the Bengals', would be socks more befitting an NFL team and not sanitary hose like the Bengals wore on Sunday and have worn with their color rush.

It's not that I'm a traditionalist, it's that the socks are another place to showcase a color and now that's missing. When you wear a plain white sock the whole look doesn't look "seamless" to me, it looks incomplete.

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 minutes ago, Volt said:

Agree completely. I have always hated the half-white/half-color socks NFL teams have worn for so long for this exact reason. If a team is wearing all black, the small part of white makes no sense. Not only that, there is no consistency on how high the white socks needed to be. At least now, for the most part, everyone on the team has the same socks. Hopefully this evolves into more teams adding stripes to their socks. Something that is really disappearing in the NFL. 

36 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

At least now, for the most part, everyone on the team has the same socks. 

🤣🤣🤣

Oh, I wish.  But no.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And, because this one pains me personally:

spacer.png

Sorry, I’m not laughing at you.  I’m laughing somewhat bitterly at the notion that the NFL might actually require uniform socks to be, you know, uniform

58 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

That's funny because I think the thing that would make every single color rush really sing, especially the Bengals', would be socks more befitting an NFL team and not sanitary hose like the Bengals wore on Sunday and have worn with their color rush.

It's not that I'm a traditionalist, it's that the socks are another place to showcase a color and now that's missing. When you wear a plain white sock the whole look doesn't look "seamless" to me, it looks incomplete.

And it's completely subjective, so I'm not discounting your opinion.  Some like cream in their coffee, some don't!  

I think there are some exceptions to my own preferences, such as the Packers players who wear Black cleats...they're not going to wear Black socks.  But it can still look good.

It's still nice to see a change, some for the better, and in others' eyes, perhaps for the worst.  I've been wanting this sock rule changed for a decade, so on my end, I'm happy with it and think this, what I'll call the Color Rush Sock Rule, is an improvement.

42 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Agree completely. I have always hated the half-white/half-color socks NFL teams have worn for so long for this exact reason. If a team is wearing all black, the small part of white makes no sense. Not only that, there is no consistency on how high the white socks needed to be. At least now, for the most part, everyone on the team has the same socks. Hopefully this evolves into more teams adding stripes to their socks. Something that is really disappearing in the NFL. 

Agree also on the striped socks hopefully making more of a comeback...I think this rule encourages that, actually.

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

🤣🤣🤣

Oh, I wish.  But no.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And, because this one pains me personally:

spacer.png

Sorry, I’m not laughing at you.  I’m laughing somewhat bitterly at the notion that the NFL might actually require uniform socks to be, you know, uniform

Much like gloves, helmets, facemasks, cleats, undershirts, protective gear, taping, sleeve length & pant length....not everything about a uniform needs to be "uniform".  

Both the Green socks and the all White socks look good here...the all White especially looks good considering he's wearing White cleats.  Look at the guys in White socks with black cleats...it's classic to some, including me, but it's also disjointed. 

The Bills players wearing the Red clown cleats need to stop, right away. Same with Watson last night.  Would be different if the socks were solid Red, and if they were in Red jerseys, or at least White with Red socks, though with the Bills' White helmet, that'd be a terrible look.  A Chiefs player could pull it off with a Red helmet, White jersey, White pants, Red (striped) socks, and Red cleats.  

I've always liked the Saints (and Ravens and Jaguars) in all black pants, and really, the blacker the better. For the Saints in particular, I think it makes a really cool line. And, forgive me, but the all-black look from the helmet down makes the players look sleeker and faster.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived