NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

This will never happen, but the NFL really needs a rule where the socks (or at least the top of the socks) can’t be the same color as the pants. Kill the leotard look once and for all. I don’t mind the new solid color sock rule when the socks are a contrasting color from the pants, but when they’re the same color as the pants it makes the leotard effect even worse.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jax in all plain white below the waist is ridiculous

How does Seattle have one dude in solid white socks, while the rest of the team is in their Navy blue. 

I'm usually all for freedom and less restrictions. But this is beyond terrible. 

This sock rule or lack thereof will change back very soon lol. 

I like the linemen variation from other skill players. But vastly different colors should be illegal. I see GB doing the same crap. 

Baltimore has 5-6 sock types, including different colors, all on the field at once. I need to stop coming here. I'm ruined now lol. 

I knew that they got rid of the bottom-white rule, but now they don't even need to be uniform?  That's ridiculous.  Socks are absolutely part of the uniform, and I'll fight anyone who disagrees, because they're wrong, and not only embarrassing themselves, but their families as well.  You want to allow some to be solid and some to have a white bottom?  I guess that's not too bad, but the colored part needs to be the same.  What a joke.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Jax in all plain white below the waist is ridiculous

How does Seattle have one dude in solid white socks, while the rest of the team is in their Navy blue. 

I'm usually all for freedom and less restrictions. But this is beyond terrible. 

This sock rule or lack thereof will change back very soon lol. 

I like the linemen variation from other skill players. But vastly different colors should be illegal. I see GB doing the same crap. 

Baltimore has 5-6 sock types, including different colors, all on the field at once. I need to stop coming here. I'm ruined now lol. 

It is obvious the NFL cares less about socks than the members of this board do. That's all, they really don't care. 

I must admit, I've always wanted the half white sock rule to be done away with. Letting each individual player choose their sock type is not what I expected though. I thought it would be a team decision, like with Cleveland in the preseason (as well as a few teams now in the regular season).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Everything about the Jags’ look is suspect. Oh boy, did they overcorrect in their redesign. It’s less offensive than the ‘13-‘17 set, but it’s completely devoid of character. The minimalist football design fad is annoying, more than the overdesigned period ever was. Luckily, these things don’t last and we’ll be stuck with the Jags trend-chasing.

28 minutes ago, Volt said:

Saints really benefit from the new sock rule today.  Gold helmet/black jersey/gold pants, black socks & shoes look great.

Absolutely !!! Despite the fact Nike can’t produce metallic NFL pants and despite the fact that Vegas gold is blah compared to other shades, this is the best the Saints have looked since wearing their all-white color rush uniforms.  They have a nice color distribution and wow, stripes on the pants.  They should burn the black pants. ⚜️

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

__________: "this thread is useless without pics."

Me:

MgpGv03.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 9/13/2019 at 4:34 PM, ltjets21 said:

Why cant the Redskins slap the throwback logo on their helmets? It is already a fauxback at least make it match. I also think it is funny how they are still using Kirk Cousins helmet for the uniform promotions

That picture was taken when Cousins was still on the team. The mustard hat with the burgandy dots is from 2017, so it's not a current photo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, Buc said:

__________: "this thread is useless without pics."

Me:

MgpGv03.jpg

I've forever hated the Saints look until this.  The all-black socks & shoes make it a top NFLuniform.  The long, continuous color silhouette of a solid sock and matching cleat create a sleeker, faster, more athletic appearance.  When you are a team that has a Black jersey and you do this, it makes the look even more menacing.  Bravo, NFL.  

20 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Another casualty of the new sock rule - Jacksonville with the rare white leotard look. The white socks looked alright with the white jerseys last week, but this looks is desperate for the black and teal socks originally revealed with the set.

gardner-minshew-of-the-jacksonville-jagu

Last week:

jybzvjauvzyyiqdn4vzk.jpg

That looks like crap.

The socks thing is worse than I thought I never dreamed they would wear all white when wearing white pants it just looks silly. I see no real change on the Saints looking better other than them not wearing black pants which is plus but still not the best because of the crappy gold Nike pants. Now teams will go full storm trooper look when wearing all white I'm afraid which will always look like crap as perfectly stated above.

Since when did compression 'socks' totally replace regular textured socks? I bet they're just wearing full on compression pants and adding one small real sock layer. 

It's just ugly and looks unprofessional. 

Half the jaguars in that photo above are wearing compression pants in the form of 'socks'. But it looks like crap. The leotard look is real because that's essentially what they're wearing. 

And I'm noticing some of these players not even truly wearing socks that 'connect' to the bottom of their foot. I didn't realize that was a thing too. 

Let's take a quick look at just one team

Green Bay

Non connecting white ongreen on white socks

spacer.png

Long white on green socks. And green sock on compression green pant

spacer.png

Non connecting all green sock

spacer.png

Half white Sock/half green compression. This one's quite common. 

spacer.png

Low white sock/ compression green

spacer.png

Green-white-green-white-green sock 

spacer.png

Black tape/white sock/ green compression

spacer.png

White sock/ white compression

spacer.png

That's just wasting 5 minutes of my time looking at the first six most recent pages.

This is the worst I've ever seen and I barely notice these things. 

I've always noticed the linemen would have extra tape around their ankles adding to their look, and some guys would sometimes not pull up the socks all the way. But this is to a whole new level of bad. 

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Baffles me how the Steelers have somehow kept that horrible number font around for 22 years now.

Crazy, isn’t it?  What a terrible mistake.

I would have thought the Steelers had an untouchable uniform.  Then again, I thought the same about the Packers but in the 90s Nike managed to talk them both into making changes to their uniforms.

I know the Packers rejected the original 90s proposal, including a new helmet logo; wonder if Nike pitched a new logo to Pittsburgh as well?

Archived