NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

15 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I was pleased to see that the Saints finally wore gold pants with the black jerseys. Even though the Rams are a bit of a mess with the jerseys, over all, this wasn't an awful looking game. But imagine the improvement if the Saints just used a more saturated shade of gold.

spacer.png

At some point the league should reject such a horrible jersey combo such as the Rams and make them fix it.

Nice job with the photoshop, love it.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incomprehensible to me that some people prefer the all-white socks with white pants. You're allowed to think that, that's an opinion you're allowed to have.....but it's simply indefensible. Socks are where a color goes. I can't understand why someone would want less color. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

51 minutes ago, Froob said:

God damn it. Well maybe we’ll see them in the future after the pats see how excited everybody was. Sucks this 100 year anniversary is being wasted.

Well, I'm kinda glad it is not going to happen now.  However, the Patriots do need a full uniform refresh.  Maybe that happens when the Brady/Belicheck regime come to an end

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

No Pats throwbacks. Another false Twitter rumor.

I've said this before, but with the NFL's 100th/AFL's 60th anniversary, and Kraft's 25th "anniversary" of ownership...Pats should have gone with '94 or '95-99 throwbacks. It's a pretty good year to celebrate stuff in Foxboro. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

41 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Well, I'm kinda glad it is not going to happen now.  However, the Patriots do need a full uniform refresh.  Maybe that happens when the Brady/Belicheck regime come to an end

Even tho our current look is great, it’d be kinda cool to retire the look.

38 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I've said this before, but with the NFL's 100th/AFL's 60th anniversary, and Kraft's 25th "anniversary" of ownership...Pats should have gone with '94 or '95-99 throwbacks. It's a pretty good year to celebrate stuff in Foxboro. 

With what they did with the AFL 50th anniversary and the throwbacks in 94 for the 75th anniversary I'm really surprised the NFL didn't do a similar Throwback Bonanza this season. I know there's the one helmet rule and different helmet colors would prevent accurate throwbacks from happening for a lot of teams, but that was a thing the NFL made up for no real reason and could easily relax for one game if it meant they could sell a billion jerseys per team. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

37 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

With what they did with the AFL 50th anniversary and the throwbacks in 94 for the 75th anniversary I'm really surprised the NFL didn't do a similar Throwback Bonanza this season. I know there's the one helmet rule and different helmet colors would prevent accurate throwbacks from happening for a lot of teams, but that was a thing the NFL made up for no real reason and could easily relax for one game if it meant they could sell a billion jerseys per team. 

IIRC - when the NFL unveiled its NFL 100 logo, they mentioned that throwbacks would not be prominent because the league wanted to focus on the future and the next 100 years. I'm guessing the one-helmet rule played heavily into the decision even if it wasn't specifically cited in the NFL 100 marketing. 

However, it's easier to sell merchandise based on historical teams and players than future teams and players lol. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Rams current uniform situation is the same as the Cowboys and Giants. Probably shouldn’t have lasted this long, but it’s livable. Change is obviously inevitable for the Rams, but for now it’s fine. I actually like their all white uniform. With blue socks and white socks.

I'm very disappointed that we won't see those Pats throwbacks. They're awesome looking jerseys, and wearing them against the Cowboys in their color rush 90's jerseys would make for a great throwback game. The NFL in general should have done a lot more with throwbacks this year. In 2009, we got a lot of cool old uniforms with the AFL 50th. This is a wasted opportunity for the NFL. 

7 hours ago, Froob said:

At some point the league should reject such a horrible jersey combo such as the Rams and make them fix it.

This is the last season with it. The Rams are getting all new uniforms next season when they move into their stadium. 

Archived