4 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Are they going blue and yellow or blue and white?

I don't know tbh, but the smart money is on blue and athletic gold/yellow. 

Someone here had suggested royal/gold at home and then the blue/white look on the road. It's unorthodox and would involve swapping decals for home/away games. It's not practical, but they are currently doing that anyway. I think it could actually work and be a unique quirk for the team -- sort of like the Giants being more of a blue team at home, and a red team on the road. I think it's a clever idea. While their best look is by far the royal/gold home set, I'm personally not that excited about the potential royal/gold away set. 

marshall-fault-1999-st-louis-rams.jpg&w=

It's better than what they currently have, but I think the fearsome foursome look is their best road look. 

04630b2b95454d6b9384dec117bb7b70.jpg

4 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Someone here had suggested royal/gold at home and then the blue/white look on the road. It's unorthodox and would involve swapping decals for home/away games. It's not practical, but they are currently doing that anyway. I think it could actually work and be a unique quirk for the team -- sort of like the Giants being more of a blue team at home, and a red team on the road. I think it's a clever idea. While their best look is by far the royal/gold home set, I'm personally not that excited about the potential royal/gold away set. 

It's better than what they currently have, but I think the fearsome foursome look is their best road look. 

I think it would okay to at least have the option with the white jersey. The team could make the jersey devoid of gold (similar to the 49ers) and make it just white and blue, but be able to wear it with white pants and white horns on the helmet or gold pants.and gold horns on the helmet.

Do NFL teams have to have a white jersey? Would a gold road jersey work? And I mean they could wear either jersey whenever they play, as there would be more than enough contrast. If this could happen, I'd say only gold pants and blue socks.

I could see the yellow over blue being a good look, but so is yellow over yellow, and you can't trust a team to not do monochrome...(with all blue in this scenario)

12 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

No Pats throwbacks. Another false Twitter rumor.

They're probably just starting to sell the Mitchell and Ness versions of this in the team store. I know they already make Bledsoe and Martin, and I think Bruschi and M&N's twitter has said a Ty Law is coming eventually.

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Fingers crossed for athletic gold and blue. 

That’s cute. I’m pretty sure you meant Angel Amarillo and Hollywood Blue.

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

That’s cute. I’m pretty sure you meant Angel Amarillo and Hollywood Blue.

My Spanish isn’t great, but my recollection is that “amarillo” is a literal translation of the English word “yellow”. 

So in that case, no.  I don’t mean amarillo.  Athletic gold is similar to yellow, much in the same way that teal is similar to sky blue.  But it is also not actually yellow, in the way that teal is not actually sky blue.

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

My Spanish isn’t great, but my recollection is that “amarillo” is a literal translation of the English word “yellow”. 

So in that case, no.  I don’t mean amarillo.  Athletic gold is similar to yellow, much in the same way that teal is similar to sky blue.  But it is also not actually yellow, in the way that teal is not actually sky blue.

Does anybody promote themselves as wearing yellow? My high school wore what most would call blue and yellow, but it was always called blue and gold, and that's a pretty normal sports convention in the US. I wonder if that holds up in Spanish speaking nations. Like, would they promote a team's colors as "amarillo" for yellow or go with "oro" or "dorado" for gold/golden?

31 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Does anybody promote themselves as wearing yellow? My high school wore what most would call blue and yellow, but it was always called blue and gold, and that's a pretty normal sports convention in the US. I wonder if that holds up in Spanish speaking nations. Like, would they promote a team's colors as "amarillo" for yellow or go with "oro" or "dorado" for gold/golden?

yea, uh huh, you know what it is...

1 minute ago, shaydre1019 said:

yea, uh huh, you know what it is...

What? My Spanish is mostly based on pro wrestling.

6 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Does anybody promote themselves as wearing yellow? 

Very few teams actually wear yellow.  I think it’s a fantastic color, bright and inspiring, and actually prefer it to gold in most color schemes. But gold is by far the more common choice, maybe because it was a stock manufacturers color back in the mid-20th century when a lot of these pro color schemes were set. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wichita State's official color is yellow, but on the court and field it all ends up being athletic gold.

The more I think about it, the more I like the royal/athletic gold at home and the fearsome foursome look on the road. The old LA Rams look of the 70s-mid 90s on the road was the reason I was never sold on the look overall. White should be used sparingly with royal blue and athletic gold. I understand the need for a white jersey but it was terrible back then and it would be terrible now.

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Nikespeak doesn’t adhere to the laws of common sense.

I don't get all the hate for the Rams' blue and gold away jerseys. To me, it's one of the best road uniforms in NFL history. The Fearsome Foursome look is dreadfully boring and a little too similar to the Colts from the neck down.

The Rams just need to not overthink things and bring back the blue and gold classics. The only thing they should consider changing is the pants stripe.

I liked the Rams' old away jerseys, though the decals where the horn stopped above the bumper made it look worse than it was.  Add a new number font, add new pants stripes, and it's one of the best road unis in the NFL. It's a near-perfect example of yellow never touching white. 

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I liked the Rams' old away jerseys, though the decals where the horn stopped above the bumper made it look worse than it was.  Add a new number font, add new pants stripes, and it's one of the best road unis in the NFL. It's a near-perfect example of yellow never touching white. 

Yeah, between the decals and the mismatched shade of blue, the helmets were kind of a mess back then. Hopefully they'll fix that when they bring back the classics next year.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Very few teams actually wear yellow.  I think it’s a fantastic color, bright and inspiring, and actually prefer it to gold in most color schemes. But gold is by far the more common choice, maybe because it was a stock manufacturers color back in the mid-20th century when a lot of these pro color schemes were set. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know semantics and getting into the weeds on the details of colors is kind of our thing here, but I would also say that they're close enough that referring to athletic gold as yellow isn't necessarily wrong. It feels a lot like calling something red even if it's officially called crimson, cardinal, or scarlet.

It's not wrong to call teal "blue" either.  But neither is it terribly accurate.