NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Chiefs appear to be going with a gorgeous Municipal Stadium retro-inspired field design this weekend:

spacer.png

For reference, the original:

spacer.png

https://www.uniswag.com/blog/retro-field-for-the-chiefs

Some more info. I love that look. It'd be nice to see a similar design used for the Super Bowl this year, for whichever teams make it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

“I got used to it” doesn’t mean the design somehow got better.  It just means you’re inured to its badness. 

Whether you like it or dislike it, whether the look is "good" or "bad" is subjective.  We've all been conditioned to the lower White half of a sock for decades now and not everyone is going to think this change is a positive right out of the gate.  I think the Jags should've worn Teal socks last night, but I didn't hate the all Black socks and still don't, though it looked a little odd at first.  If they intend to keep wearing Black/Black/White/Black, then, in my opinion, they need to add a Teal stripe around the middle of the Sock due to the pant being so plain...and everyone needs to wear shoes that are Black, at least at the top, where the sock meets.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Disagree here.  The new rules allow for the sock to throw off the color balance of the uniform.

Let's take the Eagles white on white for example.  If they were to wear socks that were black on top and white on the bottom, it would look good.  The black would tie into the pants stripe, and the white would balance out that black and tie the sock in with the rest of the uniform.

If they wear all black socks (and let's face it, the majority of players are going to go solid color), then you have a uniform with a green helmet, solid white top and pants, and then out of nowhere, a solid black sock from knee to shoe.  That wouldn't look good at all to me.

Given that they're going to wear a solid color anyway, I'd prefer all white, as it's clean, "fast", and maintains the balance of the uniform as much as possible given that there's no color there. 

To be fair, the root of the problem in this situation is that the Eagles’ sock color of choice is black rather than green.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

To be fair, the root of the problem in this situation is that the Eagles’ sock color of choice is black rather than green.

Yeah, green would help.  The green is so dark that I don't know that it would look a ton better, and I'd still probably prefer white, but yeah definitely better than black.

If they ever wear green pants again (haven't worn since a meaningless game in 2017), I have no idea what sock I'd prefer.  Definitely not green, and I think full-length black would just make the leg area too dark.  I guess white, but I'd need to see it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, CitizenTino said:

Literally anything would be better than the half-assed field design that has been used for the Super Bowl the past few years.

Yeah, I really don't like how they've been slowly phasing out the Conference logos on the field. 

XM4KeeA.png

7 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

What are the odds this is the primary combo next year? Following the Jags uniforms, I could see the Browns keeping these and pairing them with an all-white set on the road with brown numbers and stripes. The only orange would be the socks and helmet. That really feels like a Nike thing to do. 

I'm pretty sure it was already stated that the Color Rush Uniform will not be returning for 2020.

da0Lbhs.png

DIS THREAD NEEDZ MOR PIX

usa_today_13401948.0.jpg

qhtzfkrq3sdznzn1qcu2.jpg

gettyimages-1176448712.jpg?quality=85&st

1176447914.jpg.0.jpg

Everybody ain't got network TV out here 😁

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Both the Rams and Browns wearing compromised uniforms last night seemed so stupid to me.

If you were designing football uniforms from the ground up, you wouldn't end up with those two looks as the go-to for either team. But because of a series of silly design decisions that no one seems to like anymore, and because Stan Kroenke is a billionaire with more money than he could ever spend but somehow still wants more, the NFL puts two silly uniform combinations on its premiere broadcast and we have to pretend it's okay.

It's not okay. The Browns should be wearing white or orange pants (or an all-white set), and the Rams shouldn't have gold on their shoulders or around their numbers. It's a design farce in the name of capitalism and upholding bad decisions made by people who should have known better.

1176447914.jpg.0.jpg 

P.U.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Rather than forfeiting draft picks, the NFL should drop the hammer on guilty teams (of what, who cares) by forcing them to change jerseys for a season with no opportunity to sell retail versions.

"Here's your new uniforms! But HA! You can't profit off it this time! Try again next year"

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 minute ago, Clintau24 said:

Rather than forfeiting draft picks, the NFL should drop the hammer on guilty teams (of what, who cares) by forcing them to change jerseys for a season with no opportunity to sell retail versions.

"Here's your new uniforms! But HA! You can't profit off it this time! Try again next year"

"BREAKING: NFL owners unanimously vote against new league proposal". 😀

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

If there's one thing that bugging me about the Browns uniform, it's that the "C" is white. There isn't any other white on that uniform, it SHOULD be orange.

Are there any non-gold C's that aren't white? 

Not sure I've seen a C patch that utilizes multiple team colors. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

40 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Are there any non-gold C's that aren't white? 

Not sure I've seen a C patch that utilizes multiple team colors. 

Don't think there are.  But then again, there are very few teams that don't feature any white on their home uniforms.  At least, before Color Rush was a thing.

mack-khalil-carr-derek-raiders-black.jpg

The Raiders definitely use a white "C", but that border looks silver to me.   The Packers use a metallic gold border on theirs, along with the team's hunter green.

RodgersCPatch_2secloop.gif

But so do other teams, even those without any kind of gold in their color scheme.

13101245%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Looks like silver is another stock color.

13216556%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

If they're going to persist with this stupid patch, they should at least offer the option of matching team colors.  This looks awful:

gettyimages-1052714446.jpg?w=1000&h=600&

Archived