NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

18 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Just by counting likes between mine and @SFGiants58's posts, I'm not sure I've seen a more evenly split opinion on a uniform here before.

The '49ers' (they really should have an apostrophe at the front of their name) look from 1996-2008 (well, 1998-2008) is the CCSLC equivalent of The Last Jedi - remarkably divisive, with potential "identity" issues associated with liking them. 

I'm just happy the Yorks have limited their screw-ups to having two stripes on the jersey sleeves, keeping the '96-'08 logo (albeit recolored), and not using sock stripes. If khaki pants and grey facemasks were good enough for Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott, they're good enough for whatever players are on that team at the moment.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/26/2019 at 7:39 PM, anythinglogos said:

Surprised no one mentioned the Bears making that whole video about inclusivity for the 1936 uniforms. While I appreciate the stance, I find it more than a little hypocritical when they wear a GSH patch every game. The 1936 uniforms is part of the teams history during a shameful period for the NFL. The GSH patch actually celebrates the man who enacted those policies

Nobody:
The Bears: Hey just wanted to let you know our throwbacks are racist and we're sorry but you can still buy them

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

Hideous, even. The Patriots looked exceptionally terrible, when considering that they were a few tweaks away from a perfect set here:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsWbBhrbjc1182o8F3J-5

The trouser stripes were excellent.

Those pant stripes are okay, but they’re the only okay thing about the set, why red numbers on a blue jersey, why white shoulder numbers when the other number is red? Why the silver in general? 

The best pats set was the red set (the one they keep throwing back to, I can’t remember the years and I’m too lazy to look it up (and I know it contradicts the team name, but I don’t care it looks the best visually))

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Hideous, even. The Patriots looked exceptionally terrible, when considering that they were a few tweaks away from a perfect set here:

Those were horrible for so many reasons lol. 90’s is great minus the weird jersey pattern.

14 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Was that the only time in NFL history where the TV numbers were a different color than the regular numbers?

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

A couple of other contenders in the "weirdly loved and divisive" category....

spacer.png 

Fantastic uniform. Great pants. Love the big logos on the shoulders. Font wasn’t great, but was copied by the Carolina Hurrianes. Looked better in cold weather. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Was that the only time in NFL history where the TV numbers were a different color than the regular numbers?

The Bengals, Buccaneers, Jets, and Titans all currently have or have in the past had one or more primary jerseys with different colored TV numbers, and the Seahawks do it in a slightly different way (no trim on the TV numbers).

The Cowboys’ old and current double star alternates as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The Bengals, Buccaneers, Jets, and Titans all currently have or have in the past had one or more primary jerseys with different colored TV numbers, and the Seahawks do it in a slightly different way (no trim on the TV numbers).

The Cowboys’ old and current double star alternates as well.

If I’m not mistaken though, all of those uniforms had shoulder stripes and or in the case of the Cowboys, a shoulder logo and colored sleeve caps preventing them from being the same color. That Pats uniforms has none of that.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Like I said, that Pats uniform would have been basis for a good design with tweaks. Doing up the jersey like this, while keeping those amazing pants stripes, would have been much better:

500x305-drew-bledsoe.jpg

I could go either way on the gray or red facemask. It's simple, but it "knows what it's about," and would look fine on modern templates. 

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Fantastic uniform. Great pants. Love the big logos on the shoulders. Font wasn’t great, but was copied by the Carolina Hurrianes. Looked better in cold weather. 

How strange that the Patriots' italic numbers were adopted by the team that left Hartford at the same time that the Patriots were exploring but ultimately choosing not to move to Hartford. You could call the font Not-meg.

The italic numbers with the simpler jersey design and the cool striped pants would have been a nice mix of mid-'90s Patriots elements but their logo still blows.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived