NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Agreed, but those are both uniforms (along with the 49ers '90's over-designed mistake) that some folks around here seem to love.

EDIT: let's just say that there's a legitimate reason that "some folks" like the 49ers best uniforms and to a lesser extent the Patriots' Apex set.  I've stated mine (at least on the 49ers topic) numerous times.

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Like I said, that Pats uniform would have been basis for a good design with tweaks. Doing up the jersey like this, while keeping those amazing pants stripes, would have been much better:

500x305-drew-bledsoe.jpg

I could go either way on the gray or red facemask. It's simple, but it "knows what it's about," and would look fine on modern templates. 

That was even better than the Apex set that followed.  Red facemask all day long. I guess I'm in the minority that thought their asymmetrical pants stripe was better than the one that preceded it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

EDIT: let's just say that there's a legitimate reason that "some folks" like the 49ers best uniforms and to a lesser extent the Patriots' Apex set.  I've stated mine (at least on the 49ers topic) numerous times.

That was even better than the Apex set that followed.  Red facemask all day long. I guess I'm in the minority that thought their asymmetrical pants stripe was better than the one that preceded it.

The Patriots' big shoulder logo set was Starter from '95-98, then adidas in '99. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Patriots' big shoulder logo set was Starter from '95-98, then adidas in '99. 

Oops.  I had just assumed that all the wacky shoulder uniforms (U of Min, Iowa, Cowboys, Patriots) were Apex.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Albeit the dreaded monochrome look, I really like how Baltimore's purple pops. Would love to see them utilize the purple pants much more, regardless of this style or the gold-infused Color Rush pants.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The all grey look for the Seahawks surprised me in how good they looked. I think there’s a couple times I’ve criticized it, but it’s better than I remember. But I do agree with what I’ve said about the all navy uniform. That should be all navy, ideally, the should have a; White over Blue set, Blue over Blue set, and a Grey over Grey set.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 minute ago, BellaSpurs said:

The all grey look for the Seahawks surprised me in how good they looked. I think there’s a couple times I’ve criticized it, but it’s better than I remember. But I do agree with what I’ve said about the all navy uniform. That should be all navy, ideally, the should have a; White over Blue set, Blue over Blue set, and a Grey over Grey set.

I think the Hawks have three great looks: all blue, white over blue, and white over grey. Grey/grey is okay, but not the best.

These are the Hawks' worst looks:

Blue over white:

image.jpg

Blue over grey:

a24842b37234f7f16dcf048b7b053722.jpg

And, most unacceptable, grey over white 🤮

white-grey-combo-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Here are all of the permutations!

31d31203a0486bab99735171e516b5ce.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I think the Hawks have three great looks: all blue, white over blue, and white over grey. Grey/grey is okay, but not the best.

These are the Hawks' worst looks:

Blue over white:

image.jpg

Blue over grey:

a24842b37234f7f16dcf048b7b053722.jpg

And, most unacceptable, grey over white 🤮

white-grey-combo-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Here are all of the permutations!

31d31203a0486bab99735171e516b5ce.jpg

Respectfully disagree.  I think they should throw away the Navy & White pants and wear Navy/Grey, White/Grey, and Grey/Grey as an alternate.  Like the Steelers, they just need one pant to have the best look, and it's Grey.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:32 PM, Clintau24 said:

Albeit the dreaded monochrome look, I really like how Baltimore's purple pops. Would love to see them utilize the purple pants much more, regardless of this style or the gold-infused Color Rush pants.

They'd be well-served to throw away their Black pants and stick to Black over Purple, Purple over Purple, and White over White.  White over Purple is only acceptable to wear if they pair with Black socks due to the Black helmet.

They are due for an update, albeit minor.  A new helmet stripe to match those pants and a slightly updated wordmark and number font (retaining Gold/Black/White)  would give them a top-tier look.

Blue over grey feels like it should be good for the Seahawks, but in practice, that's a crowded lane with the Cowboys, Lions, and Patriots all doing the same thing (and the Titans will probably dip their toes in by next year). It is the combination truest to the original Seahawks uniforms, but they looked too much like the Lions then too. It's pretty much gotta be monochrome blue for them, as awful as monochrome non-white usually is. Oh well, every team can't dress harmoniously, some teams have to do weird stuff, better that it's the post-merger teams than the Browns or Bills.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

24 minutes ago, the admiral said:

(and the Titans will probably dip their toes in by next year). 

If tthey get silver pants, wouldn't they ditch one of their existing pant colors? I wonder which one would be dropped (white, Columbia, navy)?

12 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

If tthey get silver pants, wouldn't they ditch one of their existing pant colors? I wonder which one would be dropped (white, Columbia, navy)?

Knowing how this uniform change was botched from day 1, I would say they would get rid of the Columbia blue.

Archived