NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

The Seahawks are one of the few instances where I'm okay with monochrome, all they need is navy pants. It works with the navy jersey, matches the helmet, just works. They don't need the gray pants, and don't really need the jersey either.

Agreed. If they had to stick with just one set of pants, the blue would be perfect for them. Especially since they won the Super Bowl with blue pants.

If they had to carry a second set of pants, grey would be preferred to white. As it is, I don't know what having white pants actually gets them. They seldom wear it with blue, and their white jerseys look better over a color.

It might be interesting to see them wear one of their other jerseys over the neon green pants, but maybe more as a Madden screenshot than in an actual game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

a24842b37234f7f16dcf048b7b053722.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll repeat it.  The above is the only home combination the Seahawks need.  The blue over gray is the only dark version of their current set that looks like something an NFL team would wear.

The gray pants are all they need.

The gray pants need some green in them to better tie in to the blue jersey. Make that change and then I’ll accept it as a viable option. 

Seahawks really only need blue pants. Their monochrome was designed to be worn that way, other than most other teams that achieve monochrome with simple mixing and matching. 

I don’t think I’ve seen them in white over gray, but while unnecessary, I think it’d work too 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Volt said:

They'd be well-served to throw away their Black pants and stick to Black over Purple, Purple over Purple, and White over White.  White over Purple is only acceptable to wear if they pair with Black socks due to the Black helmet.

They are due for an update, albeit minor.  A new helmet stripe to match those pants and a slightly updated wordmark and number font (retaining Gold/Black/White)  would give them a top-tier look.

And get rid of that stupid B in the Raven head.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The gray pants need some green in them to better tie in to the blue jersey. Make that change and then I’ll accept it as a viable option. 

I agree. They can just fill the feather pattern in with the green. Done. That's it.

Seahawks ought to go back to silver helmets (with navy facemasks). Wrapped logo like usual, no tapered middle stripes. 

Put a silver helmet on the guy that DG posted and it'd look pretty good. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It’s clear that the Seahawks were designed to wear monochrome, as opposed to simple mixing and matching like other teams (the Titans and 2013 Jaguars were also designed for monochrome, I think). It looks fine, although I still prefer grey pants.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I've said it before, but I'll repeat it.  The above is the only home combination the Seahawks need.  The blue over gray is the only dark version of their current set that looks like something an NFL team would wear.

The gray pants are all they need.

Disagreed. All blue look is their best look. Also, they won in their blue pants. The grey/white pants seems boring to me.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Seahawks ought to go back to silver helmets (with navy facemasks). Wrapped logo like usual, no tapered middle stripes. 

Put a silver helmet on the guy that DG posted and it'd look pretty good. 

I was curious on how that would look too, so I put together a quick and dirty Photoshop.  I don't think they'd look half bad with a silver lid.

seahawks_gray.png?w=620

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

9 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

I was curious on how that would look too, so I put together a quick and dirty Photoshop.  I don't think they'd look half bad with a silver lid.

seahawks_gray.png?w=620

That jersey was not designed for a silver helmet. Not a great look.

ExJworW.png

9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

poll_white_gray.jpg

I think it looks good.

Would look better if the gray contrasted better against the white.  Maybe it's just the lighting though.

EDIT: also that lighting makes it look like there's several shades of blue going on, so neither the helmet nor shoulder stripes nor number nor socks match.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I don't think the Seahawks have a bad look. The radical design has really grown on me over the years, and honestly every combination of jersey and pants looks complete. I would even enjoy if they wore the green jerseys and green pants with navy socks. 

I've been a Seahawks fan since the 80s and I still think it is not a great look. Each year, I do seem to like it more but I'm wondering if I'm suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Archived