NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Giants should just use the white color rush/throwback pants instead of the current ugly ones and they’d be fine. If they want to make a grey pair, even better.

My biggest issue with the Giants is that nothing about their uniform matches any other part. Hell, even blue pants with a single red stripe to mimic the helmet would save the all-red road jersey. 

6 minutes ago, GFB said:

My biggest issue with the Giants is that nothing about their uniform matches any other part. 

This is quite literally my favorite thing about the Giants' uniforms.  

At least it was before they ruined their near perfect look with those stupid white pants.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:00 PM, andrewharrington said:

The numbers are aggressively unique (and I think they can be improved quite a bit), but they’re paired with generic nameplate lettering, and again, there’s nothing that links any of the uniform typography to the team branding, or vice versa.

I happened upon a clip of an old Seahawks game from 1992 and I noticed the names were in Trade Gothic (the Avalanche/Canadiens font). I think that would be a good modern touch for the Seahawks, especially if they were in neon green. The bottom of the seahawk logo should be in that green instead of grey, too: it'd be truer to the original logo while still pushing boundaries because it's such an unconventional color. More green, less grey, be loud.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

54 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is quite literally my favorite thing about the Giants' uniforms.  

At least it was before they ruined their near perfect look with those stupid white pants.

Over the years, I think I've become better at appreciating uniforms that don't match, like the the Colts uniforms or the Bears roads. I can look past the awkwardness and appreciate the spirit of the uniform. However, I have found that I need to believe that you have either a reason for the mismatching (like historic tradition) or its the unfortunate result of a better look elsewhere (like when the Chiefs wear red on red and the striping patterns don't line-up because they were made to be worn with the white jerseys). 

However, these current Giants uniforms give me absolutely nothing to latch onto. They aren't historic, they aren't the result of mismatched pairings, and they don't even follow their own rules (the grey pants have red | grey | blue | grey | red striping; the white pants have blue | grey | red | grey | blue stripes). I can even get down with being a red-on-the-road team, even if the team is called Big Blue. I need something - anything - to hold onto.

Here's my idea, Giants: be the red-striped team. Do you have white pants? Put a red stripe on there. Blue jersey? Red stripe. Red socks? Sure, as long as you add a red stripe (kidding). Whatever color you use just put a red stripe and you're golden. Go ahead and mismatch striping patterns and use 3 different white pants, just follow that one rule.

mnvWPPv.png

19 minutes ago, GFB said:

Over the years, I think I've become better at appreciating uniforms that don't match, like the the Colts uniforms or the Bears roads. I can look past the awkwardness and appreciate the spirit of the uniform. However, I have found that I need to believe that you have either a reason for the mismatching (like historic tradition) or its the unfortunate result of a better look elsewhere (like when the Chiefs wear red on red and the striping patterns don't line-up because they were made to be worn with the white jerseys). 

However, these current Giants uniforms give me absolutely nothing to latch onto. They aren't historic, they aren't the result of mismatched pairings, and they don't even follow their own rules (the grey pants have red | grey | blue | grey | red striping; the white pants have blue | grey | red | grey | blue stripes). I can even get down with being a red-on-the-road team, even if the team is called Big Blue. I need something - anything - to hold onto.

Here's my idea, Giants: be the red-striped team. Do you have white pants? Put a red stripe on there. Blue jersey? Red stripe. Red socks? Sure, as long as you add a red stripe (kidding). Whatever color you use just put a red stripe and you're golden. Go ahead and mismatch striping patterns and use 3 different white pants, just follow that one rule.

mnvWPPv.png

And they’ll be sponsored by red stripe beer

Being on the east coast, I don’t get to see that many Niners games, every time I see them though I realize how gorgeous their uniforms are. Especially next to the Browns atrocities, they look god sent. Easily one of the best looks in the NFL.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

My Vikings are (unfortunately) wearing Color Rush vs the Redskins on 10/24 Thursday Night Football.

We went so long without Monochrome, why now. All I want is to see White on White a few times, and to add White socks for the W/P. Not THIS!

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

They really should've had the niners and browns in AAFC throwbacks for NFL 100 & 70th anniversary of their final AAFC championship game but thats in a perfect world.

But the NFL is stupid and wants to not care about the last 100 years that made the NFL what it is today. Instead they “want to look forward to the next 100 years”.

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

My Vikings are (unfortunately) wearing Color Rush vs the Redskins on 10/24 Thursday Night Football.

We went so long without Monochrome, why now. All I want is to see White on White a few times, and to add White socks for the W/P. Not THIS!

An equipment intern accidentally found the broom closet these were hiding in and it was too difficult to shove them back in.

Arizona Cardinals Add WVB Helmet Decal for Owner Bill Bidwill

October 8, 2019 - 17:31 PM

The Arizona Cardinals have added a memorial decal to the back of their helmets in memory of the owner of the team. William V. “Bill” Bidwill, owner of the Cardinals for nearly 60 years, died earlier this month on October […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, GFB said:

I stand corrected! That knowledge does makes some of the eccentricities easier to stomach and it makes the white pants that much more bizarre. Thanks for sharing.

There is also the whole winning 2 Super Bowls since they went back to them, especially since one was probably the biggest underdog win against arguably the greatest team the NFL has seen.

3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

That sucks.

Archived