FightingGoldenDevil

NFL changes 2019

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The bright helmet silver looks great with either blue, but especially with navy for maximum contrast. 

Dak-Prescott__Ronald-Martinez_Getty-Imag

This would really be their best choice; standardize to these two colors. 

71PAumBewuL._SX425_.jpg

I was starting to think that I was the crazy one for still having this opinion. The pants silver just looks sickly to me, and like it can't even tell what color it itself is. I can only imagine how icky a blue jersey based on the royal and silver-green scheme would look. Navy and silver is stark and classy; it just seems right for a team with as much tradition as the Cowboys.

I totally agree with everyone about the Cowboys' pants. They have to go a.s.a.p. What I want to see the Cowboys do is make a royal blue jersey that matches their white jersey and finally banish those awful pants and replace them with pants that match their helmets. I'd like to also see the Cowboys remove the thin navy stripes on each royal blue stripe on the white jersey too. I think navy and silver go great together too but I think the royal blue looks terrific on their white jersey. If it weren't for that stupid one-helmet rule, I'd have the Cowboys wearing their white jersey (with grey/silver pants to match their helmet and without the black trim on the stripes on the arms of the jersey), a matching royal blue jersey, and the 60's throwback as an alternate uniform.

I would love to see the Cowboys also bring back that gradient/subliminal red stripe on their helmets that they did for the bi-centennial year.  That was a pretty classy touch. 

3 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I would love to see the Cowboys also bring back that gradient/subliminal red stripe on their helmets that they did for the bi-centennial year.  That was a pretty classy touch. 

I wouldn't call it gradient nor subliminal...

53623c1eee262cb87de331a54e8827bf-origina

It wouldn't look great as a full time-look, IMO.

If it was thinner and the nfl season matched up with the mlb season, I wouldn’t mind it on the 4th of July or other holidays like that

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Agreed. But, it would be fun for the semiquincentennial in 2026.

10 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I totally agree with everyone about the Cowboys' pants. They have to go a.s.a.p. What I want to see the Cowboys do is make a royal blue jersey that matches their white jersey and finally banish those awful pants and replace them with pants that match their helmets. I'd like to also see the Cowboys remove the thin navy stripes on each royal blue stripe on the white jersey too. I think navy and silver go great together too but I think the royal blue looks terrific on their white jersey. If it weren't for that stupid one-helmet rule, I'd have the Cowboys wearing their white jersey (with grey/silver pants to match their helmet and without the navy trim on the stripes), a matching royal blue jersey, and the 60's throwback as an alternate uniform.

I'm pretty sure the thin stripes around the royal blue stripes are actually black and not navy.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, Gupti said:

Navy and silver is stark and classy; it just seems right for a team with as much tradition as the Cowboys.

I'm sure this has been done a million times before, but I felt like wasting some time in Microsoft Paint.

OqF5zni.png

I like the colors, but two outlines around the numbers?  No thanks. 

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I like the colors, but two outlines around the numbers?  No thanks. 

How about this?

70Dzx32.png

16 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Cowboys require a wacky shade of metallic blue silver. 

Good call!

CBPvi6p.png

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It might for the Patriots...

23 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd lean more toward dark royal rather than navy, but I'd have to see it.

The black trim on the sleeve strips angers me way more than it probably should.

You don't how much it pissed me off when I realized that was actually black after assuming it was navy for years.

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Good call!

y7CtMAh.png

I really like this.

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I totally agree with everyone about the Cowboys' pants. They have to go a.s.a.p. What I want to see the Cowboys do is make a royal blue jersey that matches their white jersey and finally banish those awful pants and replace them with pants that match their helmets. I'd like to also see the Cowboys remove the thin navy stripes on each royal blue stripe on the white jersey too. I think navy and silver go great together too but I think the royal blue looks terrific on their white jersey. If it weren't for that stupid one-helmet rule, I'd have the Cowboys wearing their white jersey (with grey/silver pants to match their helmet and without the navy trim on the stripes), a matching royal blue jersey, and the 60's throwback as an alternate uniform.

Why would they wear silver pants to match their blue helmets?

I don't get why so many people want to see the Cowboys in navy and silver instead of going back to their classic dark royal and metallic blue/silver.  If you love navy you can have the Seahawks, Bears, Patriots, Titans, Texans, Chargers, and Broncos. That should be enough for you.

You can have whatever shade of blue you want if that means the pants are the same tint of gray/silver as the helmet (or at least as close as you can get across different fabrics). 

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get why so many people want to see the Cowboys in navy and silver instead of going back to their classic dark royal and metallic blue/silver.  If you love navy you can have the Seahawks, Bears, Patriots, Titans, Texans, Chargers, and Broncos. That should be enough for you.

The Cowboys already wear navy and silver, on their helmets.  Adapting the rest of the uniform to the helmet is not unreasonable.