NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Ditch the practice uniforms. This is a real game.

I don't know.  Except for the ad patch, I think the Saints actually look better in their practice uniforms than they did in the last game.

dIUfmHd.jpg

9 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Ah, interesting. I bet you are right. Even if that's the case though, why not wear the color rush pants since pants are part of the same NFL rule? 

My two hypotheses are that the CR uses old gold and the shade caused too much of a clash with the regular jersey and once they decided they wanted white pants it was on short notice so they took stock white pants and slapped logos on them.

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Just a random thought but what would a gold and white saints look like, darken up the gold a bit and I think it could contrast well enough, maybe the numbers might now work the best. I would really embrace the holy side of saints

I can't answer to a straight gold and white colorway...but I've long desired to see the Saints go the gold-and-white with-with-black trim route. For all we know they may be setting us up for just that (!).

Anyway, a couple years back I cooked this up to illustrate what I'm talking about...it'd definitely be unique in pro sports this way....

NOsaints_stylebook2-1.png

NOsaints_stylebook3a.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can't disagree more.  It's a terrible look for the Packers.  Not only the white pants/white socks, which are bad enough, but the fact that their pant stripes don't match the jersey stripes.

usa_today_13517197.0.jpg

As much as I hate the all-whites, I would gladly accept them if the Packers would just change the neck and sleeve striping on their regular road jersey to match these pants.  So much better without those little white stripes cluttering up the design and muddying the impact.

1 minute ago, hawk36 said:

I think the point is the all white looks like a JV high school team's practice gear since it's the most readily available off the shelf. 

I don’t think so, especially when they are form fitting stitched on numbers ect. You don’t see that in practice except for the rare circumstance like the ravens who choose to basically wear game jerseys at practice,

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Can't disagree more.  It's a terrible look for the Packers.  Not only the white pants/white socks, which are bad enough, but the fact that their pant stripes don't match the jersey stripes.

usa_today_13517197.0.jpg

As much as I hate the all-whites, I would gladly accept them if the Packers would just change the neck and sleeve striping on their regular road jersey to match these pants.  So much better without those little white stripes cluttering up the design and muddying the impact.

How do you feel about the Bears all-white uniforms? Their stripes don’t match either. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

15 minutes ago, Chawls said:

How do you feel about the Bears all-white uniforms? Their stripes don’t match either. 

The Bears’ stripes, though, are very clearly different; there’s sufficient contrast between the two patterns.

These, on the other hand, are too similar and the end result looks unintentional, like they were ordering stock items and had to choose the closest one because they didn’t have the jersey that matched the helmet and pant pattern.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

21 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Those don’t bother me the same way, because they have their own balance. 

spacer.png

The socks match the jersey, and give the whole gestalt an evenness that the Packers don’t have.  

And it’s especially jarring because the Packers’ regular set is such a perfect example of balanced design.  The pants match the helmet, making it look as though it was designed at once.  Just as the Bears do - not everything has to be matchy-matchy, but neither should the elements be as disjointed as the Packers’ color rush. 

One solution would be to go Full Bears, put the sleeve stripes on the socks.  But you never go Full Bears.  Especially knowing how the Academy is about that :censored:.

😛 

No, the only real solution is to go back to Lombardi’s original road jersey for Color Rush.  And then for all road games. 

spacer.png

Archived