NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

10 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Colts going with their blue color rush Sunday. That makes 6 teams for week 8 using their color rush uniforms:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/22/indianapolis-colts-color-rush-uniforms-denver-broncos-week-8/

Not to mention, as of now, there are 5 other teams wearing the same jersey and pants colors: Denver (white/white), Tampa Bay (white/white), Tennessee (navy/navy), Cleveland (white/white), and Miami (white/white):

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2019&week=8&league=NFL

I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints went black/black at home. The Eagles have been going white/white for away games this year. The Cardinals have been going white/white for away games this year. And who knows with the Jets and Jaguars if either will go with the same uniform and jersey color. 

But as of now, for week 8, we have 11 teams confirmed to be wearing the same jersey and pants color (7 with the same jersey, pants, and full solid sock color), with 3 other teams likely to go with the same jersey and pants color. It's not a trend I'm a fan of.

Actually, there are six if you count the Bengals wearing their Color Rush uniforms in London.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, hbgoo1975 said:

Actually, there are six if you count the Bengals wearing their Color Rush uniforms in London.

Yes, 6 teams wearing color rush, and 5 teams going with the same jersey and pants color.

The Bills are going blue over blue, so that makes 6 non color rush teams with the same jersey and pants color.

I love the Saints, but they need to blow up their uniform set and start over. The gold needs to revert back to the original gold, standardize as much as possible across numbers, pants and helmets. Pick one pair of pants (gold) and stick with it. Make the Color Rush jerseys their white jersey, build a black jersey off that and burn the stripeless black pants and white pants so that we never see them ever again.

1 hour ago, cheo25 said:

I love the Saints, but they need to blow up their uniform set and start over. The gold needs to revert back to the original gold, standardize as much as possible across numbers, pants and helmets. Pick one pair of pants (gold) and stick with it. Make the Color Rush jerseys their white jersey, build a black jersey off that and burn the stripeless black pants and white pants so that we never see them ever again.

They already have it.
spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

4 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

They already have it.
spacer.png

This hurts my brain.   Make it stop.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 10/27/2019 at 1:53 PM, Ark said:

Why can the Saints have that shade of gold on the C but not the rest of their uniform?

The captain patch is gold if a player has been captain for four or more seasons. The shade of gold on the Captain patch is the same for all teams, and is not a part of any teams color scheme.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

If the Saints are going to keep the racing stripes on the helmet, they need to make sure there are stripes on the jersey and pants.  It looks ridiculous when they have no stripes anywhere but the helmet.  Oh, and the black pants need to be placed in a pile, doused in gasoline, and set afire.  Adding stripes won't help them, either.  Except in very rare instances, pants should either match the helmet or be white.

12 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Nobody has one set of pants anymore. Almost everyone has three or sometimes four jerseys. They can have a few sets of pants, just make them tasteful. Color rush whites, plus a similar black jersey, and alt pants with classic stripes. Gold set and black see. 5 sharp combos (no more mono black)  

27 minutes ago, insert name said:

So basically, everyone needs to go retro. Clearly, almost every teams retro set is far superior to whatever they're currently wearing. 

I would rephrase as, "every team needs to go back to a more traditional design sense."  Modern uniforms rarely look good because they seek to be innovative and in turn look dated within a year or two, or they look ridiculous on linemen/bigger dudes.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 minute ago, Froob said:

Are the Packers color rush jerseys exactly the same as the road jerseys? I see the Packers color rush jerseys for sale specifically. Aren’t they the same?

Yes.  Exactly the same. Which is why the stripes don’t match the Color Rush pants. 

Archived