NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

38 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Nope.  The pants they wear with the navy jerseys are straight silver, the other pants are blue-green-silver, and the helmet is a slightly bluer silver. Nothing matches.

I don’t know, when I look at them they look the same. Any difference could just be because of the difference in materials.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t know, when I look at them they look the same. Any difference could just be because of the difference in materials.

No, it's official...

spacer.png

There was a time back in the 70's when they only had one pair of pants, and both the helmet and pants matched with a metallic blue-silver. That changed when they switched to the chicken-bleep anti-superstitious navy "road" uniform, which introduced a true silver for the first time. Then, the home pants were morphed into their current ugly blue/green thing. 

The Cowboys need to lose the boring navy and silver flirtations and return to their 70's color scheme of dark royal blue and metallic blue/silver, for both the helmet and pants.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No, it's official...

spacer.png

There was a time back in the 70's when they only had one pair of pants, and both the helmet and pants matched with a metallic blue-silver. That changed when they switched to the chicken-bleep anti-superstitious navy "road" uniform, which introduced a true silver for the first time. Then, the home pants were morphed into their current ugly blue/green thing. 

The Cowboys need to lose the boring navy and silver flirtations and return to their 70's color scheme of dark royal blue and metallic blue/silver, for both the helmet and pants.

Well in real life they look the same

I don't dislike the whites (except for that pointless black outline on the stripes).  I like that white is their "team color" to wear at home.

I only wish they would pick one shade of blue and one shade of silver.  There are some holdovers from the old days that have charm and value and are worth preserving in our digital world.  This isn't one of those.

I really love the white uniform for the Cowboys, it’s literally becoming iconic in my eyes and that may be very biased. I like the white jersey so much that seeing them in blue gets really weird. 

I wish they had stuck with the blue top/white pants combo because the white pants look far better than the gray. Allows the uniform to “pop” imo. Gray then becomes an accent color, and the blue truly stands out. And the fact that the Boys have literally two different uniforms makes them a really unique set. Stop hating on my boys!

spacer.png

The thing about the Cowboys is that the vast majority of the merchandise they've sold for 20+ years is navy, so if they were ever to simplify the look, it would most likely involve bringing the white uniform in line with the navy one, instead of returning to a 70s inspired set with a royal blue and a silver blue. I think both their primary looks are largely fine in isolation, fwiw; the only thing I actively dislike about either is the silver green pants of the white set.

I wish we could have this look instead of the lame modern equivalent, but we can't have nice things under the one helmet rule.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Well in real life they look the same

HD video really brings out the differences. The shell of the helmet is metallic blue:

spacer.png

The home pants are seafoam green:

spacer.png

The road pants are silver, though not a true silver like the Raiders:

spacer.png

In short, an absolute mess.

5 minutes ago, dont care said:

You might want to read the fine print at the bottom of the site's home page...

"Teamcolorcodes.com is not affiliated with any teams or leagues that have their colors displayed."

The logoslick I posted above that delineates the differences between the helmet and the pants was produced by the league.

5 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

There's definitely a difference.  It's subtle, but the Cowboys' helmet is bluer, no question.  And if you say it's not enough of a difference to matter, this might not be the site for you.

Two different teams using different shades of silver doesn’t mean the pants don’t match

Archived