NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow will be look fine because the standard uniforms for Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo and Dallas are good, but it's so disappointing that out of the six only Atlanta is going to wear throwbacks. I miss when the league had Thanksgiving throwbacks queued up for all four teams. I understand the one helmet thing, but that shouldn't matter considering the teams. Could have done: 

Bears (stripes throwback) vs. Lions (plain jane throwback)

Bills (standard all-white throwback) vs. Cowboys (throwback with navy base built around silver helmet/pants)

Saints (standard white throwback WITH striped socks, not long johns look) vs. Falcons (the best throwbacks of them all, as is)

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Tomorrow will be look fine because the standard uniforms for Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo and Dallas are good, but it's so disappointing that out of the six only Atlanta is going to wear throwbacks. I miss when the league had Thanksgiving throwbacks queued up for all four teams. I understand the one helmet thing, but that shouldn't matter considering the teams. Could have done: 

Bears (stripes throwback) vs. Lions (plain jane throwback)

Bills (standard all-white throwback) vs. Cowboys (throwback with navy base built around silver helmet/pants)

Saints (standard white throwback WITH striped socks, not long johns look) vs. Falcons (the best throwbacks of them all, as is)

I think thats the part that bugs me is that all six teams had the option to go throwback inspired this Thanksgiving, and we're only getting 1 team participating...

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Tomorrow will be look fine because the standard uniforms for Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo and Dallas are good

But we're not getting the Bills standard uniforms. Mono-blue Bills are Saints mono-black bad... Dark monochromes with light helmets always look like absolute :censored:.

9 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

But we're not getting the Bills standard uniforms. Mono-blue Bills are Saints mono-black bad... Dark monochromes with light helmets always look like absolute :censored:.

Saints in all-black are awesome, in part because they've been doing it for so long. Bills in all-blue look dorky.

Biggest Bills game in a decade (and I'm including that playoff loss two years ago), and they show up like this. SMDH.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Saints in all-black are awesome, in part because they've been doing it for so long. 

This Saints fan vehemently disagrees about the all black.

The Saints badly need a uniform overhaul. They need to go back to the original shade of gold, go back to the original fleur-de-lis instead of the current over-outlined mess that's on their helmets and jersey sleeves, and never wear black pants with black jerseys ever again.

And for God's sake, pick a striping pattern for their pants and stick with it for all sets of pants. The gold pants have a solid black stripe, the Color Rush pants have a three-stripe pattern, and the black and white sets of pants have no stripes. Follow the Color Rush example and make that happen on all sets of pants. Put some a striping pattern on the sleeves of jerseys and make this damn uniform set look cohesive instead of something that has morphed into a giant mess one piece at a time over the last 10-15 years.

The new solid white pants look like practice pants that were bought at a pee wee football team's liquidation sale. Burn those things.

49 minutes ago, Echo said:

If the Bills really want to play around with different colored facemasks, blue gets my vote.

wVOPJHm.jpg

I love the Bills current look, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they added blue facemasks. I also wouldn't mind seeing some Jim Kelly/Bruce Smith-era throwbacks a few times a year. 

So I messing around with some of the color rush looks for the Giants and basically revived the 80s-90s Giants blue jersey and added a red one as the alternate.

chYWPge.png

2OvnKZ1.png

I'm also curious as to how colour swaps would look for the Falcons as well.  Meaning on the red jersey, instead of white numbers outlined in black, it would be a white outline with black numbers.

6 hours ago, cheo25 said:

This Saints fan vehemently disagrees about the all black.

The Saints badly need a uniform overhaul. They need to go back to the original shade of gold, go back to the original fleur-de-lis instead of the current over-outlined mess that's on their helmets and jersey sleeves, and never wear black pants with black jerseys ever again.

And for God's sake, pick a striping pattern for their pants and stick with it for all sets of pants. The gold pants have a solid black stripe, the Color Rush pants have a three-stripe pattern, and the black and white sets of pants have no stripes. Follow the Color Rush example and make that happen on all sets of pants. Put some a striping pattern on the sleeves of jerseys and make this damn uniform set look cohesive instead of something that has morphed into a giant mess one piece at a time over the last 10-15 years.

The new solid white pants look like practice pants that were bought at a pee wee football team's liquidation sale. Burn those things.

THANK YOU!

These are what should be the Saints uniforms and nothing else.  If they INSIST having the black pants, at least make it like the 1999 black pants with the gold stripe.  

Mfxv6iX.png

As for the uniforms...

F9SKQ07.png

and then the white color rush as your white jersey and make a gold jersey on the same template style.

jVLzYi6.png

That should settle the identity crisis the Saints presently have.

4 hours ago, tohasbo said:

So I messing around with some of the color rush looks for the Giants and basically revived the 80s-90s Giants blue jersey and added a red one as the alternate.

chYWPge.png

2OvnKZ1.png

I'm also curious as to how colour swaps would look for the Falcons as well.  Meaning on the red jersey, instead of white numbers outlined in black, it would be a white outline with black numbers.

You gotta flip the stripe colors on that red jersey

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

5 hours ago, tohasbo said:

chYWPge.png

2OvnKZ1.png

This looks like what the Sixers would look like if they played football lol

YVRMUBj.png

On 11/27/2019 at 6:10 PM, tohasbo said:

2OvnKZ1.png

That red jersey evokes the Pat Patriot-era New England jerseys more than a Giants jersey likely should.

Am I the only one who wants to keep the Giants super-traditional? These are perfect, no changes needed.

spacer.png

I’ve warmed to the red numbers on the white jerseys for them, but I’d switch the northwestern stripes to blue, which would better tie things together. Or maybe just blue outer stripes. Something. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, leopard88 said:

If memory serves me, that was a memorial to someone who had died.

Gridiron Uniform Database shows a thick black armband being used in 1979 . . . including in two games in which the Cardinals wore white against the Eagles.  I'm not sure why Jim Hart's armband is burgundy, but the center appears to be wearing a black armband.

Tight end JV Cain died of a sudden heart attack in training camp that year. He had missed the entire 1978 season due to injury and had worked really hard to get back into game shape and then...he was just gone.

His #88 is retired by the franchise.

5 hours ago, kroywen said:

That red jersey evokes the Pat Patriot-era New England jerseys more than a Giants jersey likely should.

Am I the only one who wants to keep the Giants super-traditional? These are perfect, no changes needed.

spacer.png

Yeah, same here. I love their Primary Blue Uniform, and their Throwback Color Rush Uniform. Taking their CR Jersey and making the collar simpler, along with removing the Number outlines helps it fit in more with the Blue Jersey. Also, use the standard Glossy ny helmet they have now, but with a White Facemask like the CR/70s-90s.

da0Lbhs.png

On 11/27/2019 at 6:10 PM, tohasbo said:

chYWPge.png

2OvnKZ1.png

Colored numbers on colored jerseys is never a good idea for football

Archived