NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

Seattle doesnt need any changes, while not the best they’re one of the most cohesive and solid brands in the league, I’d much prefer seeing actual bad looking teams get changes first. 
And @oldschoolvikings, the Seahawks best pants option are their navy ones so I’d prefer if anything they at least keep them.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Seattle doesnt need any changes, while not the best they’re one of the most cohesive and solid brands in the league, I’d much prefer seeing actual bad looking teams get changes first. 
And @oldschoolvikings, the Seahawks best pants option are their navy ones so I’d prefer if anything they at least keep them.

True. Seattle could definitely get away with just white and blue jerseys and blue pants.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

If they filled the stripe pattern with green, they'd look pretty much like an NFL team. A little junky and overdone, but at least without the navy pants, they aren't full-on arena league.

In my opinion, their best look.  Agree on filling in those side panel patterns with some green.

Not a fan of the Navy pants and with the Greys, the White aren’t necessary.  I’d go to just Grey pants and keep the Navy, White and Grey jerseys.

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Seahawks really need to dump this whole look and start over with inspiration from their first uniforms, but since I doubt they'll do that, they could try to save this overdone costume by adding green to the stripe detail on the gray pants, and burning the navy and white pants. Gray pants are all they need.

The Seahawks shouldn't be allowed blue pants going forward. They've proved they can't be trusted with a dark pants option.

I really miss the original look. I do have some newer Seahawks gear, even some from the 2002-2011 look, but most of my gear is the royal and kelly look.

But I agree with what you said, if they have to keep this identity (and they will), then just use the gray pants with some green added in there.

10 hours ago, Ark said:

Seattle looks like an NFL team now. 

You know, sadly this is basically true right now. Between multiple combinations, leotard pants and socks, and ugly monochrome obsessions, the NFL is a mess right now. And the Seahawks don't just fit in, they've led the way. 

Here’s a question: Assuming the Saints someday return to their original shade of gold, should their white jerseys have gold numbers or black numbers?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Here’s a question: Assuming the Saints someday return to their original shade of gold, should their white jerseys have gold numbers or black numbers?

Their Color Rush white uniforms are perfect and should become their primary away.  No need to mess with those beauts.  

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Their Color Rush white uniforms are perfect and should become their primary away.  No need to mess with those beauts.  

From the neck down and knee up, those are pretty much prefect. (I'd do away with the superfluous hip logo, but that might seem nitpicky to complain about.) Obviously, the helmet color needs to match that superior gold of the color rush, and black socks are a must.

The one glaring need that so beyond obvious is a pair of gold pants with a stripe that matches the helmet stripe. It's a change any half aware five year old could see is needed, and in reality, those would be the only pants they'd absolutely need.

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

If they filled the stripe pattern with green, they'd look pretty much like an NFL team. A little junky and overdone, but at least without the navy pants, they aren't full-on arena league.

I'd say the all blue have become "Seahawks Football" over the past 18 years. I'd also say that living here for that entire period, my experience has been that the fans here love the all blue (while hopeful for a time when they can wear the throwback silver helmet uni for a few times a season). If the rest of the country doesn't like them, I don't see that as being something the Seahawks should concern themselves with.

43 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I'd say the all blue have become "Seahawks Football" over the past 18 years. I'd also say that living here for that entire period, my experience has been that the fans here love the all blue (while hopeful for a time when they can wear the throwback silver helmet uni for a few times a season). If the rest of the country doesn't like them, I don't see that as being something the Seahawks should concern themselves with.

I also think it's dumb to make a blanket statement like "monochrome isn't professional". You don't have to like it, but monochrome has been around long enough now that I think it's more than just a fad. With the Seahawks in particular, I think that their mono-navy look is essentially iconic in the NFL today, and ditching that brand in exchange for a lukewarm throwback set would be all kinds of backwards. 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

They will never stop, will they...

Why should they? It looks awesome and they've been doing it for about 15 years now?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Why should they? It looks awesome and they've been doing it for about 15 years now?

I’m definitely in the minority around here when I say I can tolerate monochrome football uniforms, but New Orleans needs to stop. It looked nice when it was first introduced as a change of pace alternate combo a couple times a year, but gold pants were always the better option. Now that all-black is pretty much the only combination they wear at home, the “awesomeness” (using that term loosely) that accompanied it when it was first introduced is completely gone and I wouldn’t be disappointed if I never saw them wear black pants again. 

11 hours ago, Chawls said:

Definitely gold numbers on the white jersey. I think they should also go back to white numbers, gold trim on the black jersey.  White pants. Gold alt pants. 

I put the Saints in the same category as the late-StL Rams - teams with great uniforms that go out of their way to look really bad.

The Rams had great gold pants, but decided that navy and white pants would be better - they weren't... and have somehow gotten worse.

The Saints had an absolutely-iconic look, and messed it up with the full-time-stripeless-black pants, and solid black socks.  

Replace the state patch with the FDL, and this is an iconic look that never needs to change.  If they want to make the numbers on one or both of the jerseys gold, then that's fine too.

2957098b700537bc6659cd6462c2d32f.jpg 41LkW7oSjaL.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like gold numbers on both the black and white jerseys for the Saints. Heck, make the white jersey with black numbers the primary road, and white jersey with gold numbers the alt. B/W/B Braisher stripes on gold helmet and gold pants. 

I liked this look for the Saints. Just get the gold and pants stripes right.  
spacer.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

7 hours ago, Chawls said:

I like gold numbers on both the black and white jerseys for the Saints. Heck, make the white jersey with black numbers the primary road, and white jersey with gold numbers the alt. B/W/B Braisher stripes on gold helmet and gold pants. 

I liked this look for the Saints. Just get the gold and pants stripes right.  
spacer.png

That lates 90s, early 00s look for the 49ers was super underrated. The drop shadow numbers and addition of black really made the red and gold pop

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

Archived