NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because this is the kind of thing that would interest this board...a 41-slide presentation on the getting the Vikings uniforms ready for Saturday.  Some nice close-up photos.

https://www.vikings.com/photos/equipment-staff-readies-uniforms-for-sunday-against-49ers?sf227724230=1#dee06211-d059-4a28-bdd4-c7d96cf74f96

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

Because this is the kind of thing that would interest this board...a 41-slide presentation on the getting the Vikings uniforms ready for Saturday.  Some nice close-up photos.

https://www.vikings.com/photos/equipment-staff-readies-uniforms-for-sunday-against-49ers?sf227724230=1#dee06211-d059-4a28-bdd4-c7d96cf74f96

Damn it, Purple Pants. I'm still waiting for White on White. Can the Purple Pants just go away please?

da0Lbhs.png

22 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Damn it, Purple Pants. I'm still waiting for White on White. Can the Purple Pants just go away please?

The purple pants look outstanding and should always be worn on the road. No more white/white on the road please. 

spacer.png

I'm not opposed to teams wearing white pants on the road if it ties into their history, but I do like it when they wear colored pants most of the time. It adds more color to the matchup and I personally find some fully white teams to be rather dull (Dolphins, currently).

I like the idea of the VIkings going with white pants, but it'd look better if they had a metallic purple helmet. The matte/satin helmet they have this year is designed to exactly match the purple in the jersey and pants. A metallic helmet doesn't need to match white pants. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm not opposed to teams wearing white pants on the road if it ties into their history, but I do like it when they wear colored pants most of the time. It adds more color to the matchup and I personally find some fully white teams to be rather dull (Dolphins, currently).

I actually prefer the white/white when the opposing team is all color. Creates a greater distinction between the two teams. 49ers in red/gold vs Vikings white/white would be a visually stunning matchup. 

On 12/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

The L is a little awkward, but I always liked it too. 

My fear is that they bring back something like it when they inevitably switch, but then also try to make numerals to match. 

How would you feel about setting Eagles in the typeface Eagle? It's the one from the National Recovery Administration posters, which is what inspired the Eagles' name in the first place.

4H3XI61.jpg

I think it works. It's big and bold. The G is a little shaky but could be tweaked.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I actually prefer the white/white when the opposing team is all color. Creates a greater distinction between the two teams. 49ers in red/gold vs Vikings white/white would be a visually stunning matchup. 

I don't like it when both teams wear nearly same color pants, dark, white, etc. If I was a coach I would switch it up in the interest of contrast. A coach can't really cite fashion lol. 

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

How would you feel about setting Eagles in the typeface Eagle? It's the one from the National Recovery Administration posters, which is what inspired the Eagles' name in the first place.

4H3XI61.jpg

I think it works. It's big and bold. The G is a little shaky but could be tweaked.

That is a gorgeous typeface.  I feel as though it’s missing something here, but it’s a great place to start. 

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

I don't like it when both teams wear nearly same color pants, dark, white, etc. If I was a coach I would switch it up in the interest of contrast. A coach can't really cite fashion lol. 

If you were a coach and considered pants color before a game, you wouldn't coach for long.

It's where I sit.

23 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Probably. Likely let my wife choose lol. But branding and marketing are important. 

Not to a coach. To us here. 

I'm not trying to bag on you. When I see statements like this I feel obliged to pump the breaks and remind all of us here that how WE perceive uniforms colors and branding is atypical. Thst perception shouldn't be attributed to the rest of the world -- it just doesn't work that way.

It's where I sit.

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Yeah, it does.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, nuordr said:

The purple pants look outstanding and should always be worn on the road. No more white/white on the road please. 

I see your point, but I beg to differ. It's a little bit of personal preference and a little bit of Vikings Tradition for my reasoning. I believe that the Vikings should only wear White Pants. And plus, it has a very long History. The Vikings have worn White on White Primarily in 1961, and from 1965-2012. They didn't even exist from 1965-2005 too. Purple Pants were used on the Road from 1962-1964, and for 3 games in the 2000s with the Reebok Monstrosities (Not counting Preseason). Since the uniforms debuted in 2013, we have only worn White on White once in Regular Season. I wouldn't mind it every once in a while if they wore White Socks, like from '62-'64, but it's been the Leotard look since they returned in the 2000's/

da0Lbhs.png

28 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Not pertaining to the 49ers match up, but should the Vikings have yellow pants?

Nope. I'm not even sold on them needing purple ones.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived