Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

 

How would you feel about setting Eagles in the typeface Eagle? It's the one from the National Recovery Administration posters, which is what inspired the Eagles' name in the first place.

4H3XI61.jpg

I think it works. It's big and bold. The G is a little shaky but could be tweaked.


fix the G and add some spikes to the left top of first E and top right of S. 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go back and forth on the Vikings’ purple pants, but if they are going to insist on wearing them then they need white or gold socks. 
 

Purple pants with purple socks is such a terrible look.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 5:12 PM, Gothamite said:

I go back and forth on the Vikings’ purple pants, but if they are going to insist on wearing them then they need white or gold socks. 
 

Purple pants with purple socks is such a terrible look.  

I agree. Would like a gold top sock or white with purple and yellow stripes like the sleeves, but unfortunately leotard is in. Look at the Texans-chiefs on now. Texans abandoned the red road socks and there might be like 5 chiefs actually wearing the proper game socks. Much to my hatred, I think the nfl will look more and more like the mess that is the saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, zigbazah said:

It won't happen since the AFC is the home team, but I'd actually prefer this possible matchup. 

dt-common-streams-Stream-Server.jpg


I think the Chiefs in red vs. the 49ers in white would still be a nice matchup. San Francisco’s gold helmet and pants with the white jersey would provide a nice contrast, with there being a little less red from them.

 

Also, I heavily doubt it’d happen but if they do meet, it’d be great if one of their end zones is an alternative color. A yellow Chiefs endzone vs. a red 49ers one would look awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is completely off topic and random but I needed somewhere to vent this... the NFL just showed me why it’s not the best league in the US, and I hate Roger Goodell even more now because this is the 100th year of the NFL, and they didn’t do a damn thing to let anyone know about it except graphic design some logo to put on the jersey. How do you possibly drop the ball like that??? 

 

(After finishing this, I realized they didn’t do much for Super Bowl 50 either. Such bad marketing or whatever it is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, d11king said:

This is completely off topic and random but I needed somewhere to vent this... the NFL just showed me why it’s not the best league in the US, and I hate Roger Goodell even more now because this is the 100th year of the NFL, and they didn’t do a damn thing to let anyone know about it except graphic design some logo to put on the jersey. How do you possibly drop the ball like that??? 

 

(After finishing this, I realized they didn’t do much for Super Bowl 50 either. Such bad marketing or whatever it is)

 

What were you expecting?

 

What did MLB do for its 150th that NFL did not do?

 

I mean we had the 100th logo, we had throwback endzones, we had NFL 100 coffee table books, and the NFL Network constantly talked about NFL 100 and had All-Time Greats shows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too am wondering what you were looking for that you didn't get.  Sounds like you had something very specific in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, d11king said:

This is completely off topic and random but I needed somewhere to vent this... the NFL just showed me why it’s not the best league in the US, and I hate Roger Goodell even more now because this is the 100th year of the NFL, and they didn’t do a damn thing to let anyone know about it except graphic design some logo to put on the jersey. How do you possibly drop the ball like that??? 

 

(After finishing this, I realized they didn’t do much for Super Bowl 50 either. Such bad marketing or whatever it is)

 

I kinda thought the same way with the NHL and their 100.  I thought we would see a whole lot more throwbacks.  I think the NHL did a much better job for the 75th anniversary in the throwback department, at least for the Original 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 10:52 AM, the admiral said:

 

How would you feel about setting Eagles in the typeface Eagle? It's the one from the National Recovery Administration posters, which is what inspired the Eagles' name in the first place.

4H3XI61.jpg

I think it works. It's big and bold. The G is a little shaky but could be tweaked.

First, this looks amazing. Secondly, admiral is almost single-handily responsible for me adding a bunch of very cool fonts to my computer that I had no idea existed previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, with Bidwell now dead are the Cardinals finally on the clock for a Kingsbury/Murray era revamp that doesn't insist on keeping the gray facemask for no reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 10:52 AM, the admiral said:

 

How would you feel about setting Eagles in the typeface Eagle? It's the one from the National Recovery Administration posters, which is what inspired the Eagles' name in the first place.

4H3XI61.jpg

I think it works. It's big and bold. The G is a little shaky but could be tweaked.

 

It's a bit boring and also way too similar to Washington's wordmark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LMU said:

So, with Bidwell now dead are the Cardinals finally on the clock for a Kingsbury/Murray era revamp that doesn't insist on keep(s)ing the gray facemask for no reason?

 

Fixed!

I don't know why, but I feel like regardless of whatever happens to the Cardinals, they should keep the Plain White Helmet and Gray Facemask forever. Anybody else, go ahead and change. Maybe it's because they're the oldest NFL team? (Founded 1898)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

 

Fixed!

I don't know why, but I feel like regardless of whatever happens to the Cardinals, they should keep the Plain White Helmet and Gray Facemask forever. Anybody else, go ahead and change. Maybe it's because they're the oldest NFL team? (Founded 1898)

 

I have to respectfully disagree. They're not the Packers, Giants or Raiders. They've left two cities, and their current identity has brought their fans nothing but sadness, hopelessness, and despair since 1947. If any team needs a complete rebrand, it's the Cardinals.

 

Personally, I'd like to see them add khaki/coyote brown to replace the white in their uniforms. At least it would make more sense out in the desert. Heck, even copper would be an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It's a bit boring and also way too similar to Washington's wordmark.

Boring? 🙄

I'll take it over the over-designed 90s mark they're using now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Boring? 🙄

I'll take it over the over-designed 90s mark they're using now. 

 

There's a happy medium between the '90s wordmark and a basic one-color font, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

 

There's a happy medium between the '90s wordmark and a basic one-color font, you know.

Yes there is, and I think Eagle's distinctive elements give it a flourish that'll help it stand out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHY?!?!

 

What is wrong with the traditional Blue and Red? What is the point of black, gold, yellow, orange, or what ever crap that's been out there? 

 

Why? Somebody tell me why! 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

WHY?!?!

 

What is wrong with the traditional Blue and Red? What is the point of black, gold, yellow, orange, or what ever crap that's been out there? 

 

Why? Somebody tell me why! 😡

 

$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.