NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

The Patriots shouldn’t change their uniforms. Ever. I find it impossible to divorce the design from the iconic run they’ve had. 

They should at least get rid of the piping, standardize the number outlines a little bit, and change the pants. Small changes that would go a long way. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

That's dumb, they don't have good looking uniforms plain and simple

Well that’s subjective. I wouldn’t agree with that assessment. 

This look  is SO tied to Brady/Belicic that I definitely think they should be working on the next set now. It’s almost not fair to the next era to be looking like this team, which it’s likely that they’ll struggle - at least at first - with a new coach/qb. New era = new uniforms.  Especially for a team that doesn’t have a long history in any one set (meaning I wouldn’t expect the Bears to change if they had this kind of run). 

Edit: this “is fun” replaced with “look is”. This board has the :censored: ing  worst autocorrect ever - why does it need its own in addition to my browser’s? Screw  this software. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

The Patriots shouldn’t change their uniforms. Ever. I find it impossible to divorce the design from the iconic run they’ve had. 

I can see your point considering the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox have had iconics runs in jerseys and looks that have last for decades. But, considering the Pats' logo is 25 years old and gone through four jersey changes I wouldn't hold it in the same esteem as their local counterparts. And, if anything ... I feel that if they want to have a look held in the same breath as the three, they need to simplify the look by getting rid of the stupid piping, ditch the blue pants and whatever they do ... don't go back to Pat the Patriot. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Why exactly does everybody want the blue pants gone? Lose the side panels and piping, sure, simplify overall, OK, but the dark road pants are a big part of the Patriot look, and quite honestly, the least of the problems.

They really need to switch that ridiculous red facemask out for the obvious navy one.

I don't dislike the Pat's uniforms nearly as much as this board but I would like to see them make some adjustments to their current set. I think a navy face mask, removal of all piping, and a more standard block font would not only look great, but also be enough to separate the next "era" from the Belichick/Brady legacy. 

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This is SO tied to Brady/Belicic that I definitely think they should be working on the next set now. It’s almost not fair to the next era to be looking like this team, which it’s likely that they’ll struggle - at least at first - with a new coach/qb. New era = new uniforms.  

say that about the Dolphins, tho 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

22 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Getting rid of the silver and piping. A few other tweaks and they'd be good. 

GmIAxDv.jpg

A rare example of where combining 2 different eras might work ... the red sleeves underneath the jersey makes the red pop, which I think is important when navy is your primary color.  

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

7 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Getting rid of the silver and piping. A few other tweaks and they'd be good. 

GmIAxDv.jpg

This would be a good look and would allow for throwbacks or a red alternate. My only issue is that all four teams in the AFC East would have white helmets. Unless, of course, the Jets change to green helmets next year...

10 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

The Dolphins are different because the throwbacks are timeless classics.

If the Patriots hadn't won so much in the Brady era, they'd have changed these uniforms a while back IMO because they're objectively bad.

11 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

What do you mean?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What do you mean?

what Thrill said, though im half joking. 

i agree with your assessment of the Pats uniform— its not a great uni to begin with, and i'd love to see that design go out with Brady/Belicheck. but preserving a history in the same manner is also something i've said about the Dolphins uniforms (66 throwback) and thats never been well received :/ 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

13 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

what Thrill said, though im half joking. 

i agree with your assessment of the Pats uniform— its not a great uni to begin with, and i'd love to see that design go out with Brady/Belicheck. but preserving a history in the same manner is also something i've said about the Dolphins uniforms (66 throwback) and thats never been well received :/ 

As it shouldn’t be! Keep both! Forever! 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

15 minutes ago, clonewars2008 said:

Colts need to go with the Color Rush look, like the Font is better and more Colt'sish. The Blue Pants for away and white pants for home as well as the blue face mask as well. 
636322827607950561-colorrush.png?width=3
colts_bluepants1995.jpg

as a fan, im not a fan of that number font. it was used by a few teams back in the day, but every time i see it i think of the Staubach-era Cowboys. thats their font. ive always liked the idea of of adding blue pants though (with white striped socks like Harbaugh there). i really love the boldness of the large shapes in their uniform, so breaking up the primary pieces (helmet, jersey, pants, socks) by color works well for them, especially because there's only 2 colors. 

adding those pants would give them a fresh option, but i think they should stay a classic brand. black cleats and gray masks work really well on a uniform thats been around since the 50s. the blue mask was a trend that now looks like "old Colts" instead of "classic Colts", especially considering the players who wore a gray mask for (most of) their careers there.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Patriots look just isn't timeless. Yeah they won alot but it just reeks of the era it came from. It's outdated by this point and it annoys me because Brady is so good and yet they're wearing something that should've been changed several years ago.

I'd say the Patriots are the best team to have a horrible uniform in NFL history. Other great teams through the years (multiple Super Bowls)... Steelers, Raiders, 49ers, Cowboys, all have solid looks. Broncos were ok but the Patriots are simply bad. 

Archived