NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s killing me is the shooting football coming out of it like a tumor apparently moving the “center” of the logo over to the right, making the whole thing look unbalanced to the left on the field. It would’ve looked fine if they rested the middle of the first 0 on the 50, with the ball shooting out a little past the 35.

17 hours ago, goforbroke said:

You have to look at the lockup as the full logo - which spans 35 to 35

That's the worst way to look at it for visual "balance" though.. SO much more weight rests on the left half of that logo.. it really should be centered differently than it is

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

That's the worst way to look at it for visual "balance" though.. SO much more weight rests on the left half of that logo.. it really should be centered differently than it is

Yeah I agree with you and what @Gupti said.. the 100 should be the focal point and that should be centered.  The rest is ancillary. 

Like the way the Heat have the ball centered in the jump circle. Just makes more sense that way.  

I don’t think that would place the shield anywhere that would make @AgentColon2 happy but that’s just the design of the logo 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

17 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Definitely looks like it. One of those pictures almost looks like there is gray shoulders above the nameplate:

spacer.png

Think you're reading too much into that. That's a composite of two separate images stitched together with one on top of the other. Not unlike this one they shared in the same gallery:

spacer.png

Unless I'm missing something, all the various shots are consistent with the Panthers' current uniforms. 

41 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

It's interesting they would post something that looks so much like a teaser. Are they going to the Nike template?

That all seems to be the old materials, with the rib knot on the pants, and regular mesh for the jerseys.

This comes from the Panthers subreddit: "Just off-season speculation here, but if they were trying to hide a secret message here, it may say something like "Panthers (images 1-2) threads (3-5) NEW (6) helmet (7)."" (u/cantprocessanything)

Source

I'm thinking we finally see black helmets for the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if other various changes are present (please drop silver).

the user formerly known as cdclt

44 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I'm thinking we finally see black helmets for the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if other various changes are present (please drop silver).

Given how much the Panthers avoid wearing the black jerseys during the early months of the season, going to black helmets would be odd. Assuming it's a heat superstition thing, wouldn't they want to maintain a light colored helmet?

I'm with you on dropping silver though. At least as a uniform color. I'd be okay with silver remaining as a logo accent color.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived