NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

It would be nice if the Browns at least removed the wordmarks from the pants for next season. The NFL doesn't have any restrictions on pants, so why not? I'm sure they have to order new ones every season anyway.

If they did that, then the uniforms would be levels better than they are now. The only other change they need is a smaller wordmark on the chest of the jerseys. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

If they did that, then the uniforms would be levels better than they are now. The only other change they need is a smaller wordmark on the chest of the jerseys. 

- Fix the numbers on the brown and white jerseys.

- Add striped socks.

- Dump the contrast stitching, whose utter stupidity is only an afterthought because of the other more blatant stupid elements of the uniform.

Do all of that (plus nixing the word mark on the pants), and the uniforms are a decent modernization.

15 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

- Fix the numbers on the brown and white jerseys.

- Add striped socks.

- Dump the contrast stitching, whose utter stupidity is only an afterthought because of the other more blatant stupid elements of the uniform.

Do all of that (plus nixing the word mark on the pants), and the uniforms are a decent modernization.

Unpopular opinion: I actually prefer the numbers to be orange on the white jersey. But yes, definitely fix that contrast stitching and brown jersey numbers.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

How about just downgrading the brown jersey to alternate and making the orange jersey the primary home because it’s 100x better 

Fans and players were basically against the orange jersey. Okay to sell, but not really to wear. The color rush has been very popular. It's a modern take on an older style. 

I'd just lighten the orange back up and widen the brown stripes on the helmet. The sleeve cap stripes look so much better than the previous jerseys. 

39 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Messing (even more) with an iconic helmet to accommodate that uniform? No thanks. 

The facemasks has gone from gray to white to gray to brown. The design and colors of the helmet has changed frequently. 

Secondly, the browns fans biggest contention is to not have a logo ON the helmet. Something the last regime didn't understand when browns fans said they wanted the helmet to be the logo when asked if they wanted a logo.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

How about just downgrading the brown jersey to alternate and making the orange jersey the primary home because it’s 100x better 

Wonder if the NFL would allow that? Orange jerseys for 5 games, 3 color rush and white the rest.

I know people here don't want to see it but I want all orange just once.

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The NFL can exact increasingly stiff financial penalties.  And should; my only problem there is that the league is so lax about its uniform policies. 

Yeah, the Rams only got to wear their throwbacks as often as they did because they petitioned the league and essentially made them their primaries. 

The Browns would need to do the same thing...ask for permission to tweak the rules. 

25 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah, the Rams only got to wear their throwbacks as often as they did because they petitioned the league and essentially made them their primaries. 

The Browns would need to do the same thing...ask for permission to tweak the rules. 

Honestly with the way the Browns have been using the color rush on Twitter and how they even used the jersey for OBJ's announcement, making it, using it on television shows about it, etc. I think the team has, or at least leveraging the league to let them. 

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Wonder if the NFL would allow that? Orange jerseys for 5 games, 3 color rush and white the rest.

I know people here don't want to see it but I want all orange just once.

This being the last year of this set. I'd love to see an orange out just once. I don't know why? But I do...

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

The facemasks has gone from gray to white to gray to brown. The design and colors of the helmet has changed frequently. 

Secondly, the browns fans biggest contention is to not have a logo ON the helmet. Something the last regime didn't understand when browns fans said they wanted the helmet to be the logo when asked if they wanted a logo.

Browns fans do not want a logo on the helmet. Nor do they want the logo to be a helmet. What they want is *a* logo that’s *not* a helmet, and a helmet that looks much like the one that’s been worn since the 1960s. Two separate things. No one ever wanted the helmet to be the logo. No one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

25 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

This being the last year of this set. I'd love to see an orange out just once. I don't know why? But I do...

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done it. It's probably going to look like ass but the option is there so you might as well do it. It was apart of the unveiling too.

996333-browns-cleveland-devoile-leurs-no

bSLCtu2.png

56 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Browns fans do not want a logo on the helmet. Nor do they want the logo to be a helmet. What they want is *a* logo that’s *not* a helmet, and a helmet that looks much like the one that’s been worn since the 1960s. Two separate things. No one ever wanted the helmet to be the logo. No one.

And yet that's the takeaway the last regime had when devising these new uniforms and "logo". 

I'd say more than 90% of fans agree with your position. Same as mine. I'd like to either go with the Brownie or a dawg logo for merchandise and keep the helmet blank orange with just stripes. I'm sick of buying shirts or hats that just show an orange helmet as our logo. 

Archived