NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone further in the discussion brought up that the white pants had three colors and the rest had two. I'd be in favor of actually having two white pants, depending which jersey they're paired with. Either orange white orange or brown orange brown. 

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Running the risk of going into concepts. Here's someone that did a mockup of the color rush in all three colors and to mix and match:

1. These are very solid.

2. Socks w/o white bottoms look "unprofessional" (for lack of a better term, but that's my biggest gripe with Color Rush).

3. "Embrace tradition, and look towards the future." ...nvm i hate these.

The Browns haven’t worn the orange jerseys at all the past two years, and orange/orange is the only jersey/pants combo to never be used in a game since this set was implemented in 2015. Seems pretty unlikely we see orange this year.

Also, if you want any idea of how popular the color rush is in Cleveland: A few weeks ago, the team offered to make fans custom phone wallpapers using jersey template graphics. Provide name, number, preferred jersey to the team’s Twitter account, and you get a wallpaper. The phrase “color rush” was the No. 1 overall trending topic in town for most of the day.

6 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

The Browns haven’t worn the orange jerseys at all the past two years, and orange/orange is the only jersey/pants combo to never be used in a game since this set was implemented in 2015. Seems pretty unlikely we see orange this year.

Also, if you want any idea of how popular the color rush is in Cleveland: A few weeks ago, the team offered to make fans custom phone wallpapers using jersey template graphics. Provide name, number, preferred jersey to the team’s Twitter account, and you get a wallpaper. The phrase “color rush” was the No. 1 overall trending topic in town for most of the day.

I've noticed a turn here in Cleveland. Most people now hate the current uniforms and prefer the color rush. Here's to 2020 hoping they make tweaks and use the color rush template for their new uniform. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

23 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Socks w/o white bottoms look "unprofessional" (for lack of a better term, but that's my biggest gripe with Color Rush).

My biggest gripe with NFL uniforms is the opposite. I think teams would look better if they wore single-color socks — though that comes with the stipulation it has to contrast the pants/match the jersey color.

Potentially unpopular opinion:

The Browns’ Color Rush uniform isn’t good, it’s just better than the primaries. The orange-on-brown doesn’t work and in gameplay the numbers don’t have nearly enough contrast. 

2 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Potentially unpopular opinion:

The Browns’ Color Rush uniform isn’t good, it’s just better than the primaries. The orange-on-brown doesn’t work and in gameplay the numbers don’t have nearly enough contrast. 

Partly because the orange is now darker. Go back to the old orange. 

And someone who posted the Garcia era unis with orange pants. Way too shiny. Didn't look like the 80s look. 

5 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

1. These are very solid.

2. Socks w/o white bottoms look "unprofessional" (for lack of a better term, but that's my biggest gripe with Color Rush).

3. "Embrace tradition, and look towards the future." ...nvm i hate these.

Wait... You hate the jersey because a phrase the creator used in a tag line of his tweet? 

6 hours ago, Ark said:

Perfect Browns uniform:

nfl_u_garcia_gb1_400.jpg

TGC-Jeff-Garcia.jpg

Yawn.

The brown is too light, there are too many stripes on the sleeves (particularly on the home set) and the orange gloss finish/white facemask combo looks plastic/feels especially late-80s/early-90’s. Not to mention the dazzle/shimmer fabric used throughout the uniform, too. I hate to use the phrase “dated,” but that’s exactly what comes to mind when I see these particular photos.

This uniform looked much better toward the end (see Johnny Manziel’s rookie year), but that also had simpler sleeve stripes, a darker/flatter brown and a gray facemask. They’d be best served returning to that or something similar (see my thoughts on the Color Rush modifications on the last page), but keep the current orange and helmet finish/facemask combo.

I don't really think a glossy orange helmet feels dated - the Bengals glossy helmets are still fantastic. Obviously the dazzle fabric would not be on a current uniform if they were to go back to such a look. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Someone further in the discussion brought up that the white pants had three colors and the rest had two. I'd be in favor of actually having two white pants, depending which jersey they're paired with. Either orange white orange or brown orange brown. 

The orange pants already have two versions (one two-colored and one three-colored) in this concept, which is a real problem. 5 different pants to pair with 3 jerseys would be truly ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Yawn.

The brown is too light, there are too many stripes on the sleeves (particularly on the home set) and the orange gloss finish/white facemask combo looks plastic/feels especially late-80s/early-90’s. Not to mention the dazzle/shimmer fabric used throughout the uniform, too. I hate to use the phrase “dated,” but that’s exactly what comes to mind when I see these particular photos.

This uniform looked much better toward the end (see Johnny Manziel’s rookie year), but that also had simpler sleeve stripes, a darker/flatter brown and a gray facemask. They’d be best served returning to that or something similar (see my thoughts on the Color Rush modifications on the last page), but keep the current orange and helmet finish/facemask combo.

It looks like a college team dressing up as the Browns, like if Bowling Green pulled an Iowa.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The only color pants the Browns need is white. The orange pants look just don’t look old-fashioned enough to me, which is what I yearn for from the Browns. They’re a Brown team above all else (and rightfully so), so it just doesn’t look right for saturated orange to takeover so heavily.

I've been playing as the Browns lately in Madden Franchise Mode, and I've been using a mix-and-match uniform for the home uni, using the current Color Rush jersey and the 2010's home pants, the opposite for the away uniform with the 2010's away jersey and the Color Rush pants, with the 2010's alternate brown socks with orange stripes for both unis. It's essentially taking the Color Rush jersey and creating a full uniform set from it.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

7 hours ago, Matito said:

I've been playing as the Browns lately in Madden Franchise Mode, and I've been using a mix-and-match uniform for the home uni, using the current Color Rush jersey and the 2010's home pants, the opposite for the away uniform with the 2010's away jersey and the Color Rush pants, with the 2010's alternate brown socks with orange stripes for both unis. It's essentially taking the Color Rush jersey and creating a full uniform set from it.

Screenshots?

da0Lbhs.png

Archived