NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

The browns best look was the one before the current one. They went from the best they ever looked to the worst like that and it’s such a shame. 

These however, aren’t bad

On 3/19/2019 at 11:42 PM, Ark said:

Perfect Browns uniform:

nfl_u_garcia_gb1_400.jpg

TGC-Jeff-Garcia.jpg

I’m against the orange pants though, especially on the road. That road look needs so much more brown for a team named the Browns

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

The browns best look was the one before the current one. They went from the best they ever looked to the worst like that and it’s such a shame. 

I’m against the orange pants though, especially on the road. That road look needs so much more brown for a team named the Browns

Not me. I love the orange pants on the road and at home. It takes me back to the Brian Sipe days, you know, back when the Browns looked fantastic. 

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

So using this theory, the Packers should be wearing green pants? The Browns aren't named after a color and orange pants are by far the best option they have. They're the only NFL team to wear them and they balance out perfectly with the orange helmet.

23 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

im against orange pants because it looks like a college team. brown or white pants add a touch of gravitas. 

I don't get that at all.

Braisher stripes seems to me to be the very Platonic idea of a professional look.  Especially when the pants match the helmets.

636670960749668456-barry1.jpg?width=2352kevin-brady_star-blog_not-a-direct-beasl920x920.jpghnczmwa54yq4f21ytpmg631486110.0.jpg

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I don't get that at all.

Braisher stripes seems to me to be the very Platonic idea of a professional look.  Especially when the pants match the helmets.

631486110.0.jpg

This Rams one really doesn't work... white for white sake. Pattern doesn't exist anywhere else on the uniform. Single blue stripe on pants is the right answer here. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure how they'd really be able to top this look...

spacer.png

Shrink down the sleeve stripes just slightly, maybe?  Lighten in brown a touch, definitely.  Add the sleeve stripes to the socks, and never wear those horrific brown pants that went with these. 

Done.

This really needs some striping consistency, which has always been my issue with this set.

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Niners look so good now that they've fixed their sleeves.  Whenever I'm thinking of best uniforms in football I tend to forget about them because of their past issues.  But damn, that current look looks good

Their close, but I still think they need the third stripe and maybe even striped socks. The 3 stripes IMO were an Iconic part of the uniform.

19 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

This Rams one really doesn't work... white for white sake. Pattern doesn't exist anywhere else on the uniform. Single blue stripe on pants is the right answer here. 

The pattern doesn’t, but they at least had white NOBs.  Add the face mask and every single element of the uniform had a dash of white.

Doesnt change my basic point, though, was that pants with Braisher stripes were the quintessential NFL look.  No reason the Browns can’t/shouldn’t join in. 

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

This really needs some striping consistency, which has always been my issue with this set.

I honestly think that’s a big reason why the new set (and the countless mockups out there that “fix” the stripes) don’t work as well. It makes the uniform look too stock and too contemporary.

The Browns’ classic set is kind of like the Giants’ uniform in that it’s a mess of all different patterns, but that tapestry effect is what makes it interesting and give it a richness that is lacking in an “everything matches” uniform. The only change major change I’d entertain on these is reversing the colors of the pant stripe, but I’m still torn because I know brown on the outside would coordinate nicely with the helmet stripe, but I think the extra orange down there balances the helmet shell quite well. For a team with a brand like the Browns, this kind of stuff works. For the Jaguars or Titans, not so much.

Two other ideas that interest me: I like the idea of going back to the thinner orange bands on the sleeve/sock to further differentiate the stripe designs:

spacer.png

It’ll never happen, but I’d also be interested in seeing them try a wild card and go with the previous helmet design with the solid white stripe and pair it with a solid orange pant stripe to match:

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The pattern doesn’t, but they at least had white NOBs.  Add the face mask and every single element of the uniform had a dash of white.

Doesnt change my basic point, though, was that pants with Braisher stripes were the quintessential NFL look.  No reason the Browns can’t/shouldn’t join in. 

Personally, I think gold is the darkest you can go with matching pants and helmet before it starts to look weird with a dark jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Personally, I think gold is the darkest you can go with matching pants and helmet before it starts to look weird with a dark jersey.

If there wasn’t so much contrast between the brown and orange, I would agree with you.  

Archived