NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lbj273 said:

White facemask has to be the sign of no more silver if this is indeed what the helmet is changing to

Riddell made matte black helmets for all teams for retail only.

spacer.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

41 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Riddell made matte black helmets for all teams for retail only.

spacer.png

Gotcha, I didn't follow the link just saw that it said full size replica and along with the rumor that the Panthers are getting a new helmet I jumped to a conclusion!

12 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

So using this theory, the Packers should be wearing green pants? The Browns aren't named after a color and orange pants are by far the best option they have. They're the only NFL team to wear them and they balance out perfectly with the orange helmet.

I’m just a little late but it’s okay, should’ve been more explanatory, but with orange pants the road looks devoid of brown and not what the browns should look like. And I quite like the idea that the browns don’t necessarily have matching elements. Orange helmet white jersey brown pants looks great

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

That’s why the numbers on the road jersey need to be (primarily, if not all the way) brown. I personally think the team looks best O-B-O and O-W-O, though I do like white pants on the road from time to time. Same with brown pants at home (both should be paired with orange socks).

18 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m curious what colors aren’t going to look darker at night and lighter in the sunlight, though.

None, but I don’t think this kind of variance is normal (there’s not really a perfect way to do this, but note that these are both likely taken outdoors and that the value and tone of the grass are fairly similar for comparison purposes). “Well, normally it looks decent, sometimes it looks terrible, but there’s that 5% window where it looks amaaazing,” is not solid design thinking to me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think it’s smarter to use something with more consistency, unless a wildly shifting color is a major part of your brand (indoor/outdoor for comparison below).

spacer.png

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow. I never had an opinion on the color difference one way or the other until you posted those pictures. And the old way seems way better.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

23 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The browns best look was the one before the current one. They went from the best they ever looked to the worst like that and it’s such a shame. 

These however, aren’t bad

I’m against the orange pants though, especially on the road. That road look needs so much more brown for a team named the Browns

Before the prevoius change, the Browns W/B combination wasn’t that bad, but having no striping on the pants really killed the set.

spacer.png

Something more like these mockups that I found online, look really good and would be a great road option.

spacer.png

spacer.png

But Brown on Brown Monochrome, where most of the old outrage came from, should never be worn, ever.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

22 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I've been playing as the Jags in madden and their uniform looks pretty good when pared with the previous pants (because of the stripe). If they were to use those and add a gold stripe on top of the black sleeves it would be a really nice cohesive look.

Shameless plug but I've been messing around with Jags uniforms in Madden as well via mods. I know this belongs in the concept section but I'll spoiler to hide the images. Some of these are obviously better than others but it's fun nontheless:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, wyopokes2 said:

Shameless plug but I've been messing around with Jags uniforms in Madden as well via mods. I know this belongs in the concept section but I'll spoiler to hide the images. Some of these are obviously better than others but it's fun nontheless:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great job on the lawsuit unis. I’d give a kidney to see those on the field just once.

4 hours ago, wyopokes2 said:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

There's a new Madden game for PC?

13 hours ago, wyopokes2 said:

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is crazy. Great job.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:37 AM, simtek34 said:

Before the prevoius change, the Browns W/B combination wasn’t that bad, but having no striping on the pants really killed the set.

spacer.png

Something more like these mockups that I found online, look really good and would be a great road option.

spacer.png

spacer.png

But Brown on Brown Monochrome, where most of the old outrage came from, should never be worn, ever.

That looks SOOOO much better!!

The Browns really need to wear white striped socks just like those when wearing brown or orange pants.  Thank goodness those brown pants have side-stripping which is so much better than none, or with the BROWNS wordmark in place of stripping which has been awful. 

I like the prior orange-yellow much better than the bright orange currently in use which is way too loud.

I also like the previous shade of brown rather than the newer one.  Cleveland definitely needs to return to their more traditional look IMO.

Archived