NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, randyc said:

Titans numbers to be thicker on the light blue jerseys, but not the two other main jerseys.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-to-make-a-slight-modification-to-the-light-blue-jerseys-for-2019

Ah nice, and this means that we'll be receiving news any day now that the Jags will be changing their road jersey numbers from black to teal, right? Right??!

47 minutes ago, CoasterLine said:

Article quotes Lurie as saying “We’re working on that. We’re working on that hard. High priority. High priority. I don’t know if it will get done for the 2019 season, but I have some hopes for the 2020 season.”

Hasn’t he been saying that since the one helmet rule came into place? I wouldn’t hold out any hope of those throwbacks being worn any time in the near future 

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Unpopular Opinion(?) : the two changes I’d make to the Titans uniforms is choosing one gray over the other and removing the side panel and it’d be a top 5 Nike redesign.

Not bad. But I would square off the shoulder yokes and make them light blue. Completely remove either gray. Lose the armpit stain. Go back to the previous font or maybe a traditional one. 

I just saw the draft caps 

1) I think they have an Expos type of pinwheel design.  Hard to tell from the 1 pic I saw. 

2) there’s a strange pattern around the base of the cap. It’s almost like laurels like in the old Greek olympics or something. Looked like a swarm of bugs to me. 

3) with the draft hats being released the jets logo may be leaked soonish. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

6 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I just saw the draft caps 

1) I think they have an Expos type of pinwheel design.  Hard to tell from the 1 pic I saw. 

2) there’s a strange pattern around the base of the cap. It’s almost like laurels like in the old Greek olympics or something. Looked like a swarm of bugs to me. 

3) with the draft hats being released the jets logo may be leaked soonish. 

The laurels sorta make sense with the draft in Tennessee.  (Nashville = Athens of the South = Titans = greek)

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

Hasn’t he been saying that since the one helmet rule came into place? I wouldn’t hold out any hope of those throwbacks being worn any time in the near future 

Not really. They have said that it's never been ruled out, but definitely have never stated that it was a priority or "high priority." As soon as the single lid rule is lifted or relaxed, they will definitely be back.

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

21 hours ago, randyc said:

Titans numbers to be thicker on the light blue jerseys, but not the two other main jerseys.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-to-make-a-slight-modification-to-the-light-blue-jerseys-for-2019

Does this mean the light blues will be worn for more than just early-season games in Florida or anywhere else where the home team suits up in white?

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Unpopular Opinion(?) : the two changes I’d make to the Titans uniforms is choosing one gray over the other and removing the side panel and it’d be a top 5 Nike redesign.

That's kind of like being a top 5 best looking waitress at Denny's.

Considering there have been just 9 Nike NFL redesigns (Seahawks, Vikings, Jaguars twice, Dolphins twice, Bucs, Browns, and Lions) top 5 isn't even saying much.

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's kind of like being a top 5 best looking waitress at Denny's.

Considering there have been just 9 Nike NFL redesigns (Seahawks, Vikings, Jaguars twice, Dolphins twice, Bucs, Browns, and Lions) top 5 isn't even saying much.

They all have their problems, some more prominent than others. Also, I don’t consider both Dolphins redesigns as separate. The second is only a slight tweak over the original.

(Best-to-Worst Opinionated Rankings)

1. Vikings

- only miss is double digit number font inconsistency, other wise perfect set

2. Dolphins

- slight tweak introduced before last season made a simplified simple set even better. Probably the only person who isn’t enraged by the logo.

3. Lions

- drop the one sided sleeve patch and change the number font

4. Browns

- remove the word mark on the pants, extend the pants stripe, shorten the sleeve stripe. Everything else is fine. Really, everything else is good.

5. Jaguars 1.0

- overall a really good design in my eyes. Pretty well balanced color wise. Only glaring mistake was the helmet.

6. Jaguars 2.0

- had good intentions, but turned into an oversimplification of an attempted correction. When done right, certain uniform combinations work in the set’s favor.

7. Seahawks

- although the design is well balanced, I’ve always felt it has never fit well with the identity of the team. Should have gone for a more traditional approach. Being Nike’s guinea pig when the deal was announced gave it a hard hit in my book.

8. Titans

Again, good intentions, but odd choices all around. Slight modifications here and there could make a significantly positive impact on a missed redesign.

9. Buccaneers

- Only good thing to come out of the design is the primary logo. That’s it. Everything else belongs in a dumpster.

Opinions constantly change. I’m sure these rankings will flop around like a fish on land in a couple months or even in just over a week when the Jets are unveiled. 

Draft caps are slowly leaking out. Looks like they are based on regional flags. Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And can I just be the first to say, holy crap the Raiders are about to be made the butt of so many jokes about their stadium situation. I can’t believe someone authorized this.

I'm guessing the stadium situation for the Raiders was in flux while the hat went into production so they decided to just use Raider Nation and no actual city or state. For those who don't know, the 2019 season is officially the final one in Oakland unlike what was previously speculated.

bSLCtu2.png

34 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm guessing the stadium situation for the Raiders was in flux while the hat went into production so they decided to just use Raider Nation and no actual city or state. For those who don't know, the 2019 season is officially the final one in Oakland unlike what was previously speculated.

Unless the new stadium isn't done in 2020, in which case we do this all over again.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Draft caps are slowly leaking out. Looks like they are based on regional flags. Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

spacer.png

As dumb as these hats already look, my OCD is getting to me and the star should be moved over slightly to the left to make it an actual "state" flag.

53 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Unless the new stadium isn't done in 2020, in which case we do this all over again.

I’m pretty sure there is a 2020 option on the Oakland Collessium for the Raiders in case the Stadium isn’t done in time

da0Lbhs.png

Archived