FightingGoldenDevil

NFL changes 2019

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

As dumb as these hats already look, my OCD is getting to me and the star should be moved over slightly to the left to make it an actual "state" flag.

 

3 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Draft caps are slowly leaking out. Looks like they are based on regional flags. Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

And can I just be the first to say, holy crap the Raiders are about to be made the butt of so many jokes about their stadium situation. I can’t believe someone authorized this.

 

 

OK - this is making a LITTLE more sense to me.. I only saw a few of the teams and assumed it was a template.  The Laurels I saw were on the Giants and I guess it sort of resembles what's around the seal in the NYC flag.   NO ONE is going to understand that reference.spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

As dumb as these hats already look, my OCD is getting to me and the star should be moved over slightly to the left to make it an actual "state" flag.

And it would work a lot better using the city flag

 

Flag_of_Dallas.svg_.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, shaydre1019 said:

Fun Fact: the Blue jays blue jerseys feature white lettering and numbers that are slightly thinner than their blue counterparts. White on blue looks thicker so they thinned it out so that the numbering appears consistent even though it's technically not. 

 

True attention to detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Unless the new stadium isn't done in 2020, in which case we do this all over again.

 

From watching the YouTube vids in regards to Las Vegas Stadium, it appears to be as far along as the stadium in LA. With exception of weird snow in January indont think they'll have issue being on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

 

 

Did anyone expect differently? As much as it sucks Titans were the Oilers. Its their history not the Texans.

 

If anything Texans should swap navy helmet for the white that was initially the look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

 

 

Hopefully this means that the Titans are looking to wear these sooner than later, maybe even in Houston lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, henburg said:

 

Hopefully this means that the Titans are looking to wear these sooner than later, maybe even in Houston lol

 

Not as long as the 1 helmet rule is around we wont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the oilers until they left but they are acting like a bunch of punks. I never felt a huge hate towards them when the Texans played them but after changing their helmet color pretty much getting rid of the Oiler throwbacks and then acting like this the Texans including the players should strive to win a super bowl before the titans period anything less is losing. The games this year mean much more especially if they wear any kind of faux back in Houston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they ever come out with a two helmet rule then I say Texans just rock a luv ya blue color rush Texan uniform from head to toe because if you did it now it would look like a titans uniform. Come on nfl change the one helmet rule so we can get a oilers scrimmage in nrg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

From watching the YouTube vids in regards to Las Vegas Stadium, it appears to be as far along as the stadium in LA. With exception of weird snow in January indont think they'll have issue being on time.

 

Yeah I just rode past that site last week...twice. I didn't even recognize what was going on the first time...but they're building it about a block south of Tropicana Blvd @ Dean Martin. Looks like they got most of the structural frame up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Raiders’ “From the Ground Up” series is great. Lots of behind-the-scenes footage and explaination of what’s going on from a construction standpoint. They constantly talk about the accelerated timeline they’re on, but all signs continue to point to it being on schedule for opening in August 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

I loved the oilers until they left but they are acting like a bunch of punks. I never felt a huge hate towards them when the Texans played them but after changing their helmet color pretty much getting rid of the Oiler throwbacks and then acting like this the Texans including the players should strive to win a super bowl before the titans period anything less is losing. The games this year mean much more especially if they wear any kind of faux back in Houston. 

How is “changing their helmet color” acting like a a bunch of punks? Yeah, I’ll say navy blue probably wasn’t the best choice, but a helmet color doesn’t make them “punks”

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

If they ever come out with a two helmet rule then I say Texans just rock a luv ya blue color rush Texan uniform from head to toe because if you did it now it would look like a titans uniform. Come on nfl change the one helmet rule so we can get a oilers scrimmage in nrg

Even if the NFL allowed a throwback helmet, there would still be no chance of the Texans wearing Oilers throwbacks. They legally can’t, neither can the Titans. The NFL owns the name and has barred it from use in the league, only making an exception on occasion for the Titans because it’s THEIR history and (as far as I know) they only wore them as a part of the AFL anniversary. 

 

 

The Oilers are dead, both in Houston and Tennessee. No one is reviving them any time soon. Let them go, it’s time to move on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Amy Adams Strunk spoke of the Oilers uniforms makes me believe she doesn't know or remember that they did wear Oilers uniforms in 2009 and it was amazing. It was the AFL version though and not the one everyone wants but it was still pretty good.

 

Hall+Fame+Game+Buffalo+Bills+v+Tennessee

 

27-september-2009-tennessee-titans-5-qua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like she wants to do something if she can just to throw it in Houston’s face now so moving on seems to be far from what she wants to do and around here there’s still Oiler stuff hanging around and I’m sure it’s more prominent than in Tennessee. And what would keep the Texans from wearing Columbia blue color rush alts with a white helmet if the nfl were to change the one helmet rule because last I checked just recoloring wouldn’t be against any rules example chargers color rush. That shade of blue Is nowhere else in their uniform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand all the legal junk as to why Houston didn’t get the browns treatment but using the colors and still identifying as the Texans doesn’t seem like a huge deal and they are punks for killing off a chance under the one helmet rule to throw back but then acting as if they really give a crap about the oilers history. If they had wanted to wear the oilers stuff I’m sure they could have pushed the nfl to do it long ago especially since the rams defied the rules wearing the yellow throughout the playoffs and the dolphins getting passes to wear their throwbacks more than they the rules allow. Tennessee hasn’t and aside from the afl unis have distanced themselves from the oilers and Houston as much as possible so why the hard no. Charlotte got the hornets back and Seattle at some point will get the Sonics back etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The way Amy Adams Strunk spoke of the Oilers uniforms makes me believe she doesn't know or remember that they did wear Oilers uniforms in 2009 and it was amazing.

 

 

 

“I think that would be something I would take to the fans,” Strunk said. “If they were on the board and excited. I mean, so many people love those uniforms, so maybe. Maybe we’ll put a survey out there and sometime if they love them and wanted it to happen, I’m sure we could make it happen.”

 

Definitely sounds like she's oblivious to 1) the fact they already wore Oilers throwbacks, and 2) the one-helmet rule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a thought on the oilers-titans/texans thing:

 

i think it's kind of crummy to just dismiss the city of houston's affinity for the oilers as "sorry, it's the titans history." i would quibble with that. i doubt many people in tennessee are attached to the oilers name simply for the two seasons they played as the oilers in tennessee (two seasons that amounted to nothing more than a 16-16 record and a finish no higher than second place). 

 

we all understand the draw a brand has for a fan base. you grow attached to it, make associations with it, good and bad. the houston oilers meant a lot to generations of football fans that still reside in the city. does the oilers' lineage belong to the titans? yes. is that the same as it being the titans history? i would argue no. throw the name "oilers" around tennessee and i doubt in conjures up much. in houston? it's probably a lot more profound.

 

if i was the head of either organization, it's not a hill i'd die on. but if i'm the texans, i'd absolutely do an alternate uniform in powder blue/red/white, one shell rule or not (just swap out the decals). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this thread is for 2019 changes, but one of the Glazers made some comments about the Bucs in 2020 regarding possible new uniforms and/or doing a throwback game with the 1997-2013 set.

 

Pewter Report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brian E said:

just a thought on the oilers-titans/texans thing:

 

i think it's kind of crummy to just dismiss the city of houston's affinity for the oilers as "sorry, it's the titans history." i would quibble with that. i doubt many people in tennessee are attached to the oilers name simply for the two seasons they played as the oilers in tennessee (two seasons that amounted to nothing more than a 16-16 record and a finish no higher than second place). 

 

we all understand the draw a brand has for a fan base. you grow attached to it, make associations with it, good and bad. the houston oilers meant a lot to generations of football fans that still reside in the city. does the oilers' lineage belong to the titans? yes. is that the same as it being the titans history? i would argue no. throw the name "oilers" around tennessee and i doubt in conjures up much. in houston? it's probably a lot more profound.

 

if i was the head of either organization, it's not a hill i'd die on. but if i'm the texans, i'd absolutely do an alternate uniform in powder blue/red/white, one shell rule or not (just swap out the decals). 

 

 

Never underestimate the pettiness of billionaires. I would imagine if the Texans tried something like this it would be in court for over a year...all over laundry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.