NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

4 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I'd disagree. I've lived here for 30 years and don't think I've ever noticed the Seattle flag flying anywhere. On the other hand you see more 12 flags than American flags in the city so that, by default, is the actual flag of the city. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/02/nfl-draft-hats-2019-new-era

SI article reviewing the hats and reasoning behind the designs. Claims that the Patriots really wanted the Foxborough Flag/Seal, Rams and Chargers really wanted LA flag, Raiders are lost, and Seattle's flag isn't really Seattle's flag:

"In Seattle it was a great educational experience to understand the flag that people would say is the Seattle flag was actually designed for the 1990 Goodwill Games and had nothing to do with the city. And at city hall they fly the 12 flag. So the 12 flag genuinely represents the flag as a city, even at an official level, so that made a lot of sense to use that."

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

SI article reviewing the hats and reasoning behind the designs. Claims that the Patriots really wanted the Foxborough Flag/Seal, Rams and Chargers really wanted LA flag, Raiders are lost, and Seattle's flag isn't really Seattle's flag:

"In Seattle it was a great educational experience to understand the flag that people would say is the Seattle flag was actually designed for the 1990 Goodwill Games and had nothing to do with the city. And at city hall they fly the 12 flag. So the 12 flag genuinely represents the flag as a city, even at an official level, so that made a lot of sense to use that."

"The NFL draft hats, long overseen by New Era"...oh man...8 drafts. Long time. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My dream of having an exact replica of my avatar was a long shot, and the primary logo is not nearly square enough to fit inside of a circle at a decent size, so this is a pretty solid option. I'm not crazy about designs on the brim in general, but I might probably will buy the monochrome one.

ff_3341348-a84d6e3325ac7f9e42c3_full.jpgff_3341792-3abf90669c1c27e5f660_full.jpg

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"The NFL draft hats, long overseen by New Era"...oh man...8 drafts. Long time. 

That's practically the entirety of the football fandom of a big chunk of the market for these things; high school kids.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:42 PM, dont care said:

Well that just your opinion, everything from the SuperSonics moved from Seattle to okc. It would just create confusion trying to explain someone like Kevin Durant’s career since he played his rookie year in Seattle. Do you take his first year numbers away from him for okc’s all time franchise records? No that would be rediculous.

With all due respect, it’s even more ridiculous that, according to the record books, Gary Payton is the Oklahoma City Thunder’s career leader in nearly a dozen statistics. I think it speaks volumes that the Thunder don’t even bother to hang “their” championship banner in the rafters. Not even the team feels like it belongs in there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

36 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

With all due respect, it’s even more ridiculous that, according to the record books, Gary Payton is the Oklahoma City Thunder’s career leader in nearly a dozen statistics. I think it speaks volumes that the Thunder don’t even bother to hang “their” championship banner in the rafters. Not even the team feels like it belongs in there.

The Seattle/ OKC thing is a weird situation. I think a lot of that has to do with how recent the move happened. The fact that the internet is so prevalent and the team was there for so long.

It's weird how some teams choose to treat the past differently. The Kings have the Royals banner in the arena and still have players from Rochester cincy kc Omaha retired numbers.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

That writer also claims there isn't a flag of New England, so his research and judgment are already questionable.

7 minutes ago, Ark said:

Interesting that Carolina's logo isn't centered

New-Era-On-Stage-NFL-Draft-Carolina-Pant

I like it. Carolina has always promoted themselves as "Two states, One team" and the hat does it really well. I just like it.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

As someone who only purchases one-color caps with the team logo on the front, I'm curious how well these sell by comparison. Most of these look like cheap hats you could purchase at a truck stop while on vacation in that respective city.

12 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Whoa, really? Source?

Saw this on Twitter. Maybe @shaydre1019 can provide more context. 

EDIT: And I saw this on Reddit -- "They did a whole segment on this, he said he heard from a “credible source” that they were thinking about making changes. Not that anything was certain or even close to finished. He said the most likely change would be a more prominent logo on the shoulder or hip." 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Texans with a light blue alt with red shoulder things and the regular red-trimmed white numbers would look decent. Helmet could stand out though. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived