NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Saw this on Twitter. Maybe @shaydre1019 can provide more context. 

EDIT: And I saw this on Reddit -- "They did a whole segment on this, he said he heard from a “credible source” that they were thinking about making changes. Not that anything was certain or even close to finished. He said the most likely change would be a more prominent logo on the shoulder or hip." 

Huh, I’m skeptical but this is pretty similar to to how the Dolphins rumors started that turned out to be true, so this is pretty big if true. The only change I’d make, of course, is for them to wear red socks on the road, though I could foresee them doing something to make it more like the color rush by making the pants stripe red (but hopefully not making the numbers red, though). Heck, they could even make battle red the primary to be slightly more unique while owning their current identity. This’ll be an interesting few weeks until the draft.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy steps to make the Texans' unis better:

1. Switch helmet shell to white. Their great logo doesn't stand out on the blue shell.

2. The number font is horrid. Simplify.

3. Lighten up the blue. Doesn't have to be Oilers' colors (even though that would be awesome.

33 minutes ago, Rixaroo said:

1. Switch helmet shell to white. Their great logo doesn't stand out on the blue shell.

3. Lighten up the blue. Doesn't have to be Oilers' colors (even though that would be awesome.

How do you simplify their number font ... it’s pretty basic as is? Especially matched up against most new jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Rixaroo said:

Having seen both their prototype white helmets and the eventual navy helmets, I prefer the navy. The white would need something extra. Maybe striping, maybe something different with the logo, I don't exactly know, I'm just some internet dork arguing about uniforms.

Even if they went with white helmets I would want the Texans to move towards being a primarily red team because there's already a blue NFL team in Texas. Plus, I think there are some restrictions about the old powder blue and red colors belonging to the now-Titans. Maybe we could have the Texans move towards being a red team and I'll spend a bunch of money when I'm crazy rich to move the Titans towards being a powder blue team again and changing their name back to Oilers.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:14 PM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

"In Seattle it was a great educational experience to understand the flag that people would say is the Seattle flag was actually designed for the 1990 Goodwill Games and had nothing to do with the city. And at city hall they fly the 12 flag. So the 12 flag genuinely represents the flag as a city, even at an official level, so that made a lot of sense to use that."

Who knew that a concept from Texas A&M could be so ingrained into Seattle, Washington's civic identity?

Hopefully the Seattleites on the site can say this is a big, wacky prank.

I had forgotten that on Madden 2002 you could play as the Texans with their prototype helmets and generic uniforms. I couldn't figure out how to post a screenshot but here's a video example...

I agree with the folks who say that a white shell would make their logo pop more. But I also don't mind the navy shell as is. They definitely need to bring back the red socks though.

Now that Tennessee and the Jets have ditched the White helmets, this is the perfect time for Houston to make a change to a White lid.  On a current helmet, with Navy mask (maybe Navy with a chrome-like finish), the logo would look outstanding.  

There's plenty of Navy in this league.  If they can't go Powder Blue with Red & White, but want to make a change, why not go full Red, White & (Royal) Blue?  If they are considering a big change, that color tweak would make their identity unique to the NFL.  

All in all, their uniforms really aren't that bad.  They could modify the red sleeve insert, update the font, and tinker with the pant stripe (in a TRADITIONAL way) and retain an outstanding football identity.  

At some point, I really soured on the Texans' uniforms. They seemed perfect at first, but the switch away from the red road socks was a huge downgrade, and it seemed to drag the whole look down with it IMO. A white helmet and red jerseys would reboot the whole deal, and would be pretty different from any other current team.

As far as helmets are concerned, I would like either a different finish on the navy helmet, like Minnesota's, or the white helmet/navy facemask

For the jerseys, I would definitely make the red one the primary. 

Pants, I would use the color rush blue set for the blue pants. 

I just want red socks back on the road like everyone else. If the Texans ever make red the primary, I’d like like to see white helmet-red jersey-white pants-red socks at home and white helmet-white jersey-red pants-blue socks on the road. Flip the white pants stripe to red outlined in blue.

13 hours ago, Rixaroo said:

I've never been a fan of the white shell. I also think it limits the amount of good looking combos they can use. 

The number font is arguably the best non block in the league. 

Keep the helmet navy.. too many white lids in the league, and the white prototype looked cheap imo

make the battle red jersey primary, also go back to red socks any time navy pants are worn (blue socks w/ white pants would be fine still)

never change the number font - it's my favorite font.

14 hours ago, Rixaroo said:

So you want a bovine logo on a white helmet, a simple number font, and RWB color scheme?

2018_Buffalo.png

So what’s stopping the Texans from going to a red helmet? I really don’t think a white helmet would work for them and the blue helmet they use now works just fine. If they really wanted to change the helmet then red would be a nice change of pace.

Archived