FightingGoldenDevil

NFL changes 2019

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Buc said:

Speaking of the Texans, and in particular a white helmet, eight years ago (!) I mocked this up... dropping this in here to gauge your thoughts.

 

3dc60b8496457.560be7295e655.png

 

(Fake edit: I may have to go dig into my files and update this...)

 

 

Nice. I would prefer a red jersey, red facemask, and no helmet stripes.

 

tumblr_ppj6fjp7hT1u7t2opo1_1280.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Also, I noticed you left off the other (and primary) reason... That white prototype Texans helmet looks cheap like a peewee team's helmet.. it's just bad.. no need to drop a nice, signature look for bland crap that several other teams could adopt..

 

Show me another team who could pull off a white helmet et with a Texans logo on it. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

The white Texan helmet looked awful in my opinion. Their logo is built with a think white outline around it. Just looks thinner to me on a white background.

 

Why not just make it a little larger on the white helmet then? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Why not just make it a little larger on the white helmet then? 🤔

I don't think that would completely fix the problem, as the proportions wouldn't change.. it would still come off as "thin".. 

 

And the above photo on the Revo with the red facemask is about the best I've ever seen a white Texans helmet concept look, and it still looks amateurish to me, as well as a bit too similar to the Patriots with that color balance.. 

 

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Show me another team who could pull off a white helmet et with a Texans logo on it. 😜

Lol, you got me..

Seriously though (and I know you already get the point I was getting at), literally EVERY team could theoretically adopt a white helmet, but that doesn't mean they should..

If the issue is that there are too many of a certain team-color helmet in the league, then I would suggest there's an issue with too many teams adopting the same team colors, not that they're choosing the wrong helmet color.. but going with a neutral "non-team-color" helmet is not as desirable IMO (Yes I know most -if not all- teams include white in their "official" colors, but apart from the Colts & Jets, it's just there for technical reasons with most other teams)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I don't think that would completely fix the problem, as the proportions wouldn't change.. it would still come off as "thin".. 

 

And the above photo on the Revo with the red facemask is about the best I've ever seen a white Texans helmet concept look, and it still looks amateurish to me, as well as a bit too similar to the Patriots with that color balance.. 

 

Lol, you got me..

Seriously though (and I know you already get the point I was getting at), literally EVERY team could theoretically adopt a white helmet, but that doesn't mean they should..

If the issue is that there are too many of a certain team-color helmet in the league, then I would suggest there's an issue with too many teams adopting the same team colors, not that they're choosing the wrong helmet color.. but going with a neutral "non-team-color" helmet is not as desirable IMO (Yes I know most -if not all- teams include white in their "official" colors, but apart from the Colts & Jets, it's just there for technical reasons with most other teams)

 

 

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by "thin". That logo is made for a white background. It's bold, as opposed to 70% of the logo being invisible. It's on a white background everywhere else you see it:

 

Image result for texans locker room

tumblr_ppkez80It51u7t2opo1_540.pngImage result for houston texans stadiumtumblr_ppkeycM0In1u7t2opo1_500.pngtumblr_ppkeyu7mbf1u7t2opo1_400.pngtumblr_ppkf49V1KL1u7t2opo1_400.pngRelated image

 

 

 

 

And if you don't think white is a part of their branding that's based on the Texas flag, you're just fooling yourself. White helmets for the Texans makes sense.

 

tumblr_ppkfkmrJ4S1u7t2opo1_540.png

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 5:16 AM, dont care said:

No it’s not, how many times does it need to be said? 

More times for us casuals I guess...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we're hoping for a white Texans helmet, they'll throw a curve ball and release a red helmet 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, daveindc said:

 

 

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by "thin". That logo is made for a white background. It's bold, as opposed to 70% of the logo being invisible. It's on a white background everywhere else you see it:

 

Image result for texans locker room

tumblr_ppkez80It51u7t2opo1_540.pngImage result for houston texans stadiumtumblr_ppkeycM0In1u7t2opo1_500.pngtumblr_ppkeyu7mbf1u7t2opo1_400.pngtumblr_ppkf49V1KL1u7t2opo1_400.pngRelated image

 

 

 

 

And if you don't think white is a part of their branding that's based on the Texas flag, you're just fooling yourself. White helmets for the Texans makes sense.

 

tumblr_ppkfkmrJ4S1u7t2opo1_540.png

 

 

 

 

I'm actually not the one who said it looks thinner on a white background, so I'm not the one to ask.. I simply stated that enlarging the logo wouldn't change it's proportions, so it would still look thin.

 

Also, in those pictures I see it on a white background, a navy background, a wood background, a green grass background, and even no background, so it's not white everywhere else..

Plus, based on how it's used on other backgrounds, it seems that the white outline may actually be part of the logo, which would be lost on a white shell.. (also, 70% of the logo isn't invisible.. I can see it very clearly on the helmets.. that's a pretty extreme and inaccurate exaggeration)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Newport said:

Silver?

Then this situation would arise with the Patriots:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newport said:

Silver?

 

I think a team close by in Dallas may have issue with this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texans have a strong brand and a fantastic identity that’s aged well. Although a white helmet could work, I highly doubt they go away from the navy. If they were to make any tweaks, hopefully they just bring back the red socks on the road and wear the Battle Red tops more often. They could also adopt the color rush pants stripe full time. Maybe a slight change to the shoulder or collar striping. But if they aren’t able to use the Oilers colors for an alternate, I don’t see what other changes would realistically be an upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

 

I think a team close by in Dallas may have issue with this

If it ticks off Jerry I'm good with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, daveindc said:

 

 

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by "thin". That logo is made for a white background. It's bold, as opposed to 70% of the logo being invisible. It's on a white background everywhere else you see it:

 

Image result for texans locker room

tumblr_ppkez80It51u7t2opo1_540.pngImage result for houston texans stadiumtumblr_ppkeycM0In1u7t2opo1_500.pngtumblr_ppkeyu7mbf1u7t2opo1_400.pngtumblr_ppkf49V1KL1u7t2opo1_400.pngRelated image

 

 

 

 

And if you don't think white is a part of their branding that's based on the Texas flag, you're just fooling yourself. White helmets for the Texans makes sense.

 

tumblr_ppkfkmrJ4S1u7t2opo1_540.png

 

 

 

 

I know the white is part of the branding (drives me nuts when I see media outlets use the logo without the white center stripe on a non white background). The logo looks better to me on a navy or red background with then entire logo surrounded by white in my opinion. I was lucky enough to cover the team when the white helmet was originally introduced, and was happy when they went with navy instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Texans went with a silver helmet they wouldn't be the first Houston team to do so.and not to mention this gem i came across Texans Silver Helmet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, wyopokes2 said:

I saw this on the Madden Modding discord. Thought it was interesting. In my opinion it shows that Navy is better for the Texans current identity.

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

See personally I don't see why there should be any issues with the Texans making this their color rush ( Call it Houston football Classics or some nonsense ) They can bring back some Oiler greats for those games use the current battle red and a more proper version of the columbia blue ( Not Titan Blue which is lighter ) and I think for the most part everyone is satisfied even though i'm sure Adams family will still be pissed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

If the Texans went with a silver helmet they wouldn't be the first Houston team to do so.and not to mention this gem i came across Texans Silver Helmet

That would make them a virtual clone of the patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking around, a red helmet would be interesting, not with this red mask but maybe blue.

 

houston-texans-riddell.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

See personally I don't see why there should be any issues with the Texans making this their color rush

 

I think this statement short-changes the nasty sentiment between Bud Adams and the fans of Houston that existed when the Oilers left. Adams was vilified in Houston for years before he left town, and I think his mere presence is a big reason why Houston wouldn't vote for a new stadium before the Oilers left. And I'm not sticking up for Adams because I think the fans of Houston were justified in any bad feelings they had for Adams. He demanded the Astrodome scoreboard be torn down for football seats in 1988 or he would move the team to Jacksonville. The Dome got renovated (completely stripped of character once the scoreboard was replaced), and then Adams started squawking about needing a new stadium. He was persona non grata by Houston fans by the mid-90s.

 

I don't know how his family feels about how Adams was treated and whether they feel like he brought a lot of that on himself (he did). But based on his daughter's brief and blunt comment that included a "no" when she was asked about the Texans wearing Oilers colors, I think it's safe to say there is still some bad blood there. And that's why I'm not surprised the Titans would have issues with the Texans wearing OIlers colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

 

I think this statement short-changes the nasty sentiment between Bud Adams and the fans of Houston that existed when the Oilers left. Adams was vilified in Houston for years before he left town, and I think his mere presence is a big reason why Houston wouldn't vote for a new stadium before the Oilers left. And I'm not sticking up for Adams because I think the fans of Houston were justified in any bad feelings they had for Adams. He demanded the Astrodome scoreboard be torn down for football seats in 1988 or he would move the team to Jacksonville. The Dome got renovated (completely stripped of character once the scoreboard was replaced), and then Adams started squawking about needing a new stadium. He was persona non grata by Houston fans by the mid-90s.

 

I don't know how his family feels about how Adams was treated and whether they feel like he brought a lot of that on himself (he did). But based on his daughter's brief and blunt comment that included a "no" when she was asked about the Texans wearing Oilers colors, I think it's safe to say there is still some bad blood there. And that's why I'm not surprised the Titans would have issues with the Texans wearing OIlers colors.

I definitely understand what you are saying, my wording is slightly out of context or i should've elaborated.  I am old enough to remember the Oilers and the once walking douche noodle which was Bud Adams. In fact I was at the 96 Jags game in Houston and 97 in Memphis both were pretty sparsely attended and understandably so.With that being said he put the city through hell constantly and i think Harris County just got done paying off the 67 million renovation, I remember reading at one point supposedly they said he regretted it later in life idk how true that is.( moving the team that is )

 

But back to my point the articles about Adams Strunk said no to the Texans using Oiler uniforms which of course are the logos and design the luv ya blue colors, but as i said they should be a way to get around it wearing their own logos and a darker shade of columbia blue so it's still distinctly different than the titans blue and just use their own Battle red which is different enough from the titans red or scarlet. I feel it could still be an issue but a way to get around it and make some people happy.  Just my thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.