FightingGoldenDevil

NFL changes 2019

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I definitely understand what you are saying, my wording is slightly out of context or i should've elaborated.  I am old enough to remember the Oilers and the once walking douche noodle which was Bud Adams. In fact I was at the 96 Jags game in Houston and 97 in Memphis both were pretty sparsely attended and understandably so.With that being said he put the city through hell constantly and i think Harris County just got done paying off the 67 million renovation, I remember reading at one point supposedly they said he regretted it later in life idk how true that is.( moving the team that is )

 

But back to my point the articles about Adams Strunk said no to the Texans using Oiler uniforms which of course are the logos and design the luv ya blue colors, but as i said they should be a way to get around it wearing their own logos and a darker shade of columbia blue so it's still distinctly different than the titans blue and just use their own Battle red which is different enough from the titans red or scarlet. I feel it could still be an issue but a way to get around it and make some people happy.  Just my thoughts

It ain’t worth the lawsuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

See personally I don't see why there should be any issues with the Texans making this their color rush

 

Because Color Rush is expressly limited to the team’s actual palette, either now or in the past.   And the Texans don’t have powder blue in their history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

Because Color Rush is expressly limited to the team’s actual palette, either now or in the past.   And the Texans don’t have powder blue in their history.

So the Seahawks can do it since the green is technically in their official colors? So maybe in the next window the Texas could add the powder blue to the navy and red (like the Chargers did) in order to use it. Could be very minimal use but still allow the opportunity. 

 

seattle-seahawks.jpgsd-bluewhite-1-675x380.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

Because Color Rush is expressly limited to the team’s actual palette, either now or in the past.   And the Texans don’t have powder blue in their history.

 

I’d say this all but smashes the spirit of that “rule.”

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I’d say this all but smashes that “rule.”

 

spacer.png

I'm sure the black outline of the logo is what justifies its usage. Albeit, terrible usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I’d say this all but smashes the spirit of that “rule.”

 

spacer.png

Black is in the logo thus a team color, and this was also an alternate before Color Rush was a thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hawk36 said:

So the Seahawks can do it since the green is technically in their official colors? 

 

Yep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I’d say this all but smashes the spirit of that “rule.”

 

spacer.png

 

Why?  Black was a significant accent color in the 49ers’ prior uniform set.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the team has used their color rush uniform color in a previous set or it’s present in their logo AND an official team color, then they should have free range to do whatever they please. Hence why the Texans should never use the columbia blue, but the 49ers can have a uniform where the primary color is black.

 

 

Say in 2020 when the new Browns uniforms are unveiled they are purple and black with a gold accent color or vise versa... the Ravens unveiling new orange and brown uniforms. Is it really necessary? Both teams would try to use the same defense as the Texans in this case. “The Oilers were here once so we should be able to do this” is just a silly grabbing at straws argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

 

Why?  Black was a significant accent color in the 49ers’ prior uniform set.  

 

Plus black was a staple in the throwbacks (shadow numbers, pants stripe). 

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lbj273 said:

Black is in the logo thus a team color, and this was also an alternate before Color Rush was a thing

 

Maybe the 49ers were trying to create an "alternate Color Rush." (Which just means shoehorning black into a uniform in any way possible. It's the ongoing 'Any Given Sunday-ization' of the NFL...the uniforms in that movie were amateurish at best, but NFL players seems to think all-black unis are "dope" and "sick")

 

(By the way, that 49ers BFBS uniform is one of the worst in history, bar none. The fact that this uniform was even approved by the NFL shows how poor their quality control has become over the years. The jersey ##s were unreadable, especially during night games. Same thing happened with the Browns jerseys from 2015...WTF is going on at NFL HQ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

 

Maybe the 49ers were trying to create an "alternate Color Rush." (Which just means shoehorning black into a uniform in any way possible. It's the ongoing 'Any Given Sunday-ization' of the NFL...the uniforms in that movie were amateurish at best, but NFL players seems to think all-black unis are "dope" and "sick")

 

(By the way, that 49ers BFBS uniform is one of the worst in history, bar none. The fact that this uniform was even approved by the NFL shows how poor their quality control has become over the years. The jersey ##s were unreadable, especially during night games. Same thing happened with the Browns jerseys from 2015...WTF is going on at NFL HQ?

the same thing is going on at NFL HQ that is going on around these message boards.. people continued to be convinced that "HD Televisions" solve the legibility issue.. at the end of the day, football is a unique sport that features lots of players moving quickly, piling up, etc.. and the ONLY way to effectively label players is with *white* numbers on colored jerseys and colored numbers on white jerseys.. period

*note*: rather than just "white" - any "metallic" color is acceptable.  "metallics" include: white, silver, light grey, yellow, and gold - any of these is acceptable on a "colored" jersey ("colored" meaning any color other than white, silver, light grey, yellow, or gold)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I definitely understand what you are saying, my wording is slightly out of context or i should've elaborated.  I am old enough to remember the Oilers and the once walking douche noodle which was Bud Adams. In fact I was at the 96 Jags game in Houston and 97 in Memphis both were pretty sparsely attended and understandably so.With that being said he put the city through hell constantly and i think Harris County just got done paying off the 67 million renovation, I remember reading at one point supposedly they said he regretted it later in life idk how true that is.( moving the team that is )

 

But back to my point the articles about Adams Strunk said no to the Texans using Oiler uniforms which of course are the logos and design the luv ya blue colors, but as i said they should be a way to get around it wearing their own logos and a darker shade of columbia blue so it's still distinctly different than the titans blue and just use their own Battle red which is different enough from the titans red or scarlet. I feel it could still be an issue but a way to get around it and make some people happy.  Just my thoughts

 

I don't know how a court would rule, but the Titans would likely file a "Trade Dress" suit to block the color change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Beckham has a white, orange and Color Rush jersey. Yet the horrible brown primaries are no where to be seen. I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe the orange jerseys are coming back for 2019? Any chance they can make that the primary instead? I don't see the league letting them upgrade the Color Rush to primary.

 

y5gp0az2xfr21.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orange home jersey, white away jersey, brown and white pants options. Boom that’s all you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole throwback faux back discussion sparked an idea. Love the Hawk's silver helmet set but since they can't use an alt helmet, could/should they just do that set with their current darker blue and new logo?

 

FrankenHawks.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

This whole throwback faux back discussion sparked an idea. Love the Hawk's silver helmet set but since they can't use an alt helmet, could/should they just do that set with their current darker blue and new logo?

 

FrankenHawks.jpg

 

That would be so much better than anything they’ve worn since 2002. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BFBS for the Niners shouldn't be part of the team's colors, it fits better with the Raiders!. SF should stop trying to take everything that's from Oakland🤷🏽‍♂️  

However, the all white look is a better fit for them. It was a part of their identity during their last Super Bowl run and the color is part of the logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

So Beckham has a white, orange and Color Rush jersey. Yet the horrible brown primaries are no where to be seen. I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe the orange jerseys are coming back for 2019? Any chance they can make that the primary instead? I don't see the league letting them upgrade the Color Rush to primary.

 

y5gp0az2xfr21.jpg

Doesn't mean much, just that they sell better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

So the Seahawks can do it since the green is technically in their official colors? So maybe in the next window the Texas could add the powder blue to the navy and red (like the Chargers did) in order to use it. Could be very minimal use but still allow the opportunity. 

 

seattle-seahawks.jpgsd-bluewhite-1-675x380.jpg

Agreed, And that was where I was going. Since Houston is supposedly talking about making some small adjustments to possible bigger changes to their uniform. Well If they don't wanna make drastic color palette changes ( which they really shouldn't ) I guess all it takes is letting Nike make the swoosh columbia and possibles are open, I mean that's how it works now right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.